EBGamestop 75%Off PS1/N64 Haul

FFMooglestar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Went out with fellow CAG Ma12kez to a most of the EBGamestop's near our houses and came out quite nicely:

PS1:
Persona 2 - Complete $4.50
Beyond the Beyond - Disc Only $0.75
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV - Disc Only $0.90
Intelligent Qube - Disc Only $6.00
Risk - Complete $1.20
Ogre Battle - Complete $4.50
Diablo - Disc Only $1.50
King's Field - Disc Only $0.45
Breath of Fire III - Disc Only $3.00
Breath of Fire IV - Complete $4.50
Saiyuki Journey West - Complete $3.00
Rhapsody A Musical Adventure - Complete $3.00
Vagrant Story - Disc Only $3.00 (not pictured)

N64 (All Cart Only)
Ogre Battle 64 - $3.75
Harvest Moon 64 - $4.20
Starcraft 64 - $3.75

All prices after Sale and Edge Card.

Ma12kez got many of the same titles along with Hoshigami, and Threads of Fate (Both Disc Only).

Now what to play first?

edit: Big props to allout1986 for the EBGamestop Marketing Thread and bsschorr for the thread pointing out this sale specifically.

Made a stop to one more store that was supposed to have a crap load of games, and only ended up coming home with:

MTV Music Generator - Complete $1.05
Guardians Crusade - Disc Only $0.75
Namco Museum Vol. 3 - Disc Only $0.75

[quote name='Scorch']How the fuck did you find an EB that still had all the good stuff left!?[/QUOTE]

We checked 7 different stores, and only bought stuff from 4. However a majority of the haul came from one store. I'm pretty sure that every store within the district that was not moving any PS1 or N64 games sent their inventory to that store since they sell decently there.

All of our stores cleared out their old stuff... I'm amazed that they all cleared them out. I would've figured that all the games would be sent to one store in the area but all 4 of our EBs/GSes are empty.

Good find though.

just out of curiosity, which stores did you guys hit up? I'll probably go on a hunt soon, just don't want go to any places you cleaned up :lol:

Man you made out like a bandit. I should check my local stores to see if they have anything I am interested in, Congrats!

[quote name='ahou']just out of curiosity, which stores did you guys hit up? I'll probably go on a hunt soon, just don't want go to any places you cleaned up :lol:[/QUOTE]

All of the ones in Chula Vista/Eastlake and the store closest to SDSU on College Ave.
edit: This morning I checked both Parkway Plaza stores and the Town Center Parkway store.

My store had tons of "new/used" copies of Persona 2 and that's about all. The did have the afore mentioned Ogre Battle, but its disc only and I passed on it. One of the employees had a stash aside of some stuff, but he only had Rhapsody and Persona 2...both reprints. I tried explaining what they were but he didn't get it.

He's new so I told him all of the stuff that I picked up over the last year or so there and he was shocked. Suikoden 1 & 2, Breath of Fire 3 & 4 (one is a reprint), Grandia 3, Alundra and several others that I am probably missing. He was pissed that I got them, but he's didn't work there then so that's good for me. Woohoo!

TBW

Final Fantasy Chronicles-$2.70

Wild Arms - $1.20

Super Puzzle Fighter - COULD NOT BE FOUND

After Tax- $4.16

Not bad for Disc only. I'll replace the chrono trigger disc my friend's little brother lost.

MOST of the good games (Mario Parties 1, 2, 3, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, etc.) present a month ago during the BIGIF sale were now GONE at 75%. The clerks said some guy came in a couple times today and picked up all the good N64/PS1 games.

I did manage to get Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, Starcraft 64, Excitebike 64, disc-only Harvest Moon for PS1, and a few others. None were in eBay-quality so that's why the seller left them.

Here's the rest of what FFMooglestar and I were able to pick up (don't know how to thumbnail pics):

75sale.jpg

All for $30.30 after CA taxes. Not bad considering most of them were still in good shape. The majority were kept in a "secret drawer" behind the cashier if they were marked $29.99 or above.
IMG%5D
IMG%5D

I only half heartedly scanned the local Gamestop stores and the few that still DO have racks of PS1/N64 games are pretty much devoid of anything even semi rare.

Shame really, since some of those same titles that they kept way overpriced in their stores I would've actually PLAYED, unlike the people just going to these sales to clean out the good games to Ebay.

My local GS and EB have zero PS1/N64 titles left. I wish they had some...I'd love to find Hoshigami and especially Saiyuki. ):

I got a moderately good haul from about 6 GS/EB, costing about $30ish after all discounts. Each store reported one guy buying out HUNDREDS of titles of titles at a time. One store said one person returned 4 times in one day! I guess that's where all the hot or eBayable games went (Super Smash Bros, Mario games Tennis, Golf, Parties 1, 2, 3, Mario 64, etc)

Assume all are disc/cart only except when noted. I haven't decided what to keep or trade yet for most games.

N64 haul:

Starcraft 64
Tetrisphere
ExciteBike 64
Castlevania
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (I'm keeping this!)
Rayman 2: Great Escape
World Driver Championship
Armorines
San Fran Rush 2049
Turok 2
South Park
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
Extreme G2
Hybrid Heaven
Beetle Adventure Racing (I'm keeping this too)
Lego Racers
Command and Conquer
Duke Nukem: Zero Hour
Shadowgate 64
Winback
Wipeout 64
Jet Force Gemini
Cruis'n Exotica
Blast Corps
Pokemon Puzzle League

PS1 haul:
Deception III: Dark Delusion
Silhouette Mirage
One Piece Mansion
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature (I'm keeping this)
Disney's Treasure Planet (new, sealed)
Colony Wars
Metal Gear Solid
Parasite Eve
King's Field II
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
Pinobee
Norse by Norsewest (Lost Vikings)
Raystorm
Tall Infinity (complete)
TRAG: Mission of Mercy

Nice haul. Fortunately, I work near a store that gets all the old games from all the other stores in the district. Haven't been there in a while...might have to go on Monday.

bread's done
Back