Ebook Reader deals?

EeveeFanboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I was on Amazon and was tired of seeing that ad for Kindle. I didn't even know what a Kindle was, so I clicked on it. Then I was like zomz that's awesome! So now I'm determined to get one. Are there ever any deals for them? Which ones are the better ones? I think I could trust the Amazon or Sony ones at least. With Black Friday around the corner, maybe there's some special...

Nooks are cool ( Barnes and Noble's version) but they're sold out until January. Amazon has the best prices on downloads though.

I doubt there will be any sales, Kindle's price just dropped a few months ago

Yeah. I was reading up on the Nook yesterday. Sounds pretty cool, although I think I'm still leaning towards the Kindle. The three main ones that sound good are the $200 Sony or the Kindle or Nook. The Sony would just be the cheap option, but there's nothing that stands out besides that. The Kindle sounds like it has a better/cheaper library and magazines/newspapers. I think I'd actually start subscriptions if I got a Kindle. Nook has a replaceable battery, but otherwise doesn't have much going for it I don't think. Also, Kindle has worldwide access, and I plan on living in Europe, so that wouldn't hurt. But I'm still open to opinions if there are other options I haven't looked at :) And still some sales...

I am also looking in to these. how about just recommending one to buy. i am shopping for my mothers Christmas present and i think this is a great gift for her. So any suggestions would be great.

Well it sounds like the Amazon Kindle is the best one on the market, but I'm still looking for some extra advice as well just to make sure :) http://www.amazon.com/review/RV0R3AODMRNJZ/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#RV0R3AODMRNJZ is the most critical review on the Kindle, so see if any of those points might piss your mom off in the long run. I'm not too concerned with those points though, but others might fear if they upgrade to the Kindle 3 that they'll lose their books. Most other points seem like nitpicking, have workarounds, being updated, or sound worse than they are. All of this said, I don't own a Kindle to really disagree with her, but I've been monitoring the Kindle like a hawk these last few days.

Refurb electronics kind of scare me. You can't replace the battery yourself, so unless you know for sure it's a new battery, you'll probably have a shorter battery life. How long is the warranty on refurbs?

bread's done
Back