ECA Membership 1yr Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

xycury

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Contest: (1) 1 year of ECA membership provided by retail card, information will be sent in PM only.

Rules: 1 post per person, multiple posts will result in disqualification. Post must contain something news-worthy hyperlink about games (Console/video/PC/portable/arcade only) [No sporting games - NFL/MLB/MLS/NBA (Cag not espn)]. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.

Start: Now
End: Friday CST Midnight just short of 4.5 days from now.

Why: Received a free card by ECA for being a good ECA member. Plus giving back to the community that provided it.

Awarding: (1) Winner will be randomly picked by generator, and notified by sometime Saturday, by PM and the end post, or OP.

Questions: PM me

Good Luck Everyone!

WINNER IS:

DiscoDuck8k

PM sent for prize

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the contest:

This seems newsworthy to me:
From Kotaku, Buy a 360 game at Best Buy, get one half off

"Mega-retailer Best Buy are having one heck of an Xbox 360 games sale at the moment: buy a 360 game, get a second one for half price.
Best part being it's not limited to a selection of old, unwanted games. It's limited to, well, 232 Xbox 360 games, awesome to bad and everything in between. Even upcoming games, like Modern Warfare 2 and Brutal Legend."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/music/news/e3ib8e913d233af22e0ef86a4e2cef3c3b6

Hans Zimmer composing the music for MW2 :D

NEW YORK -- Oscar winner Hans Zimmer is writing music for his first video game-only project, scoring the soundtrack for "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2," one of the year's most anticipated releases.

The sequel to the first-person action best-seller "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare" comes from Activision Blizzard's Infinity Ward studio and hits stores Nov. 10.

Zimmer's Gorfaine/Schwartz Agency confirmed the project.

Zimmer's film resume includes "The Dark Knight," "Pirates of the Caribbean," "Gladiator," "Rain Man" and "Driving Miss Daisy." He won an Oscar in 1995 for "The Lion King." Upcoming movie work includes "Sherlock Holmes" and "Inception."

good contest, here's my entry.

Xbox Live's Twitter and Facebook free for Gold, for trial by Silver members

"Always read the fine print. Part of a footnote from this morning's Xbox 360 price cut press release bore this little oh-by-the-way: "Xbox Live Gold Membership will be required for Twitter and Facebook when they are available." When MCV followed up on the tucked-away tidbit, a Microsoft spokesperson suggested that the press release's statement was "inaccurate" and that the company was "still formulating its plans" for integrating the social networking services into Xbox Live. A few short hours later, those plans appear to be formulated.

A Microsoft representative has clarified for Joystiq, "Facebook and Twitter on Xbox Live will be free to Gold members, with a free trial period also available for Silver members." Specific details on what's included in the trial are not currently available, but clearly Microsoft is continuing its policy to reward Gold subscribers for, well, their subscriptions, despite what must be a tempting motivation to make Twitter and Facebook free-for-all features. Social networking's the killer app, after all (right?) -- and Microsoft could use some new ammo in the console war."
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/27/xbox-lives-twitter-and-facebook-free-for-gold-for-trial-by-sil/

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/28/250-gb-super-elite-360-spotted-in-south-africa-too/

Now that the prices have been slashed on the Xbox 360 Elite, it would seem that the "Super Elite" is rising to take its pricey place. After yesterday's reveal of the 250GB beast on Amazon Germany, XboxGaming.co.za is reporting that the "Super Elite" console (with two wireless controllers and a copy of Forza 3) has been confirmed by local distributors as coming to South Africa, this October, for R4,999 ($644). XG's report also included an ad from local retailer BT Games, which touts a standard Super Elite bundle for R4699.

The recently ordained South African distributor, Comztek, noted that HD cables would not be included in the box. Presumably, they're being saved for the Super Duper Elite.

First DSi-only Games Hit Stores This Fall With Distinct Look

Those DSi-only games will be packaged in all-white game cases, making them stand out from the standard dark gray cases of currently available Nintendo DS games. Those cases will sport a warning that the software is only compatible with the Nintendo DSi. DSi-only game cards themselves will use a similar white plastic, but it's unclear if those re-colored cards will have any difficulty fitting into a DS or DS Lite cartridge slot.

Cool contest. I lurk GameFAQs for my news sources, so I only read a little bit of stuff :p But I found this there:

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/08/2...morbidly-curious-about-record-of-agarest-war/

Record of Agarest War, made by the people that made Cross Edge (which I never got around to...). US gets it as a PSN release while Japan and Europe will get actual discs. The site makes it sound weird. I don't really get what they mean by cheesecake... But anyway, since it's an SRPG and I can (probably) gameshare it, my interest is piqued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back