"Eclipse" - A total conversion mod for Half-Life 2

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
So they released a total conversion mod for HL2 called "Eclipse" over at http://students.guildhall.smu.edu/eclipse/ .. can't really figure out what it's about, but I installed it and gave it a go.. interesting combat, you hold the left mouse on something and it flies up.. then you hold the right mouse button on the target for a while then let go.. it's actually pretty fun and you can pick up dead bodies..

and, oh yeah, it visually kicks the shit out of Fable. These are pics from my low end machine (read: 1.4ghz, 512mb ram and a geforce fx 5200)

Insane. You guys should give it a try if you have HL2.. get it from the website, but download the zip version and extract it to your sourcemods folder.. the automatic installer they have doesn't work too well..

Wow, thats pretty cool. Those pictures do resemble fable a bit. So is the mod an action adventure type game like fable? I might have to give it a shot this weekend. Thanks for the info and pics scorch.

On another note, have you heard anything regarding ECW/how the ppv did and are there any plans for more ECW shows? I just thought I'd ask you since I believe your a ECW nut like myself.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Wow, 5 months for a total conersion singleplayer mod?

Damn, either this is short or they are modding gods.[/QUOTE]

i believe it is only like an hour long, but it was an assignment at their school. i think there is another full conversion mod released from the same class.

i tried it last week, but i didn't play it for too long. it's seems pretty cool, but it's a shame they had to release it so early because the story seemed to be lacking and there are plenty of gameplay elements that could be improved. but still, i realize it was done so quickly and in that respect it turned out quite well.

bread's done
Back