eCollegePC.com Sucks, I need Ethernet and CD Drive Help

dalaamprince

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Okay so about 2 years ago I bought a PC from eCollegePC.com. It was custom built, and it worked fine for about a year and a half. One day the motherboard fried so I sent it back to them to get the motherboard replaced. It came back with the same model motherboard, just new. They didn't finish plugging in the cables so I had to figure out what needed to be plugged in inside the case to get it running.

Great, fast forward 20 days later. The motherboard fries again. So I sent it back and they put in a different model motherboard. I get it in the mail finally after a month of waiting. After turning on the power supply switch in the back, the power supply explodes, there's brief flames and smoke. So I send it back for the 3rd time demanding an entirely new PC.

They hooked me up with a better CPU and better graphics card. So I get it in the mail today (after 4 monthes of not having a PC), and the CD drives, 2 of the 7 USB ports, and Ethernet port all don't work. The machine is running it's just those things do not work.

They said they were unable to install the drivers and whatnot because my Windows XP account is password protected (and they couldn't just email me and ask for it?). So I have probably sent a good 200 emails back and forth (that is not an exageration, I still have all of them saved), and they don't know why I can't get the ethernet port to work so they are mailing me a new one (should be here in 4 days).

They don't have a phone number listed, so I am stuck waiting for their email replys. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get these PC parts working?

eCollegePC.com is a discrace to humanity. I want them to die.

You're positive all the components are hooked up right?

If they are, you're just getting shitty parts... maybe on purpose, maybe not, but if they send you motherboards that fry after 20 days and power supply's that explode, well... I wouldn't rule it out.

No doubt many OEM companies use cheap computer parts, but in this case, at least the company you bought from is willing to help (and at no cost from you I assume, minus the shipping). Imagine if this happens with a Dell computer, you would've been out of luck a long time ago.

Install the CD that came w/ your motherboard. If no CD came w/ your motherboard, then you need to know what brand and model of the motherboard they sent to you. I assume since you did plug everything in yourself then you should have access to the inside of the computer. Download the appropriate drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's website and install them yourself.

These are simple things you can do w/o having to wait days and weeks for them to fix it for you. The problem is probably because they put in a new motherboard, but did not reformat your Windows, and your Windows is password protected, they weren't able to install the driver CD for your motherboard, so leaving the Windows unable to recognize some components.

bread's done
Back