edge card links to personal information?

CaoPi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
I traded something into a different gamestop today gave them my phone number and looks like they have my name in there system even though I never went to this gamestop before. Now if someone else was to use my card for trading in or buying used items, can they look that up and turn down my friend or would I have to do the trade/prucahse myself?

Yes they keep your information in a central database. An EDGE card is not restricted to one user... a manager at our GS told me anybody in my family could use it.

[quote name='Vinny']Yes they keep your information in a central database. An EDGE card is not restricted to one user... a manager at our GS told me anybody in my family could use it.[/quote]

so what if your friend comes in with your card then?

[quote name='CaoPi']so what if your friend comes in with your card then?[/QUOTE]

They shouldn't say anything (or more accurately, they shouldn't care)... and if they do, he can just say he's my cousin.

When they swipe your card, they don't see your info- they just see your discount number. It's only when they physically look up your card than they see your info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Employees should be checking IDs regardless if they have an EDGE card and you are performing a trade-in (unless you're a regular and they know you). Other than that, high-speed stores are now able to look up your information provided you have traded in games or purchased an EDGE card at one of the high-speed locations. It's still a work in progress from what I can tell, but it speeds things up none-the-less.

Its odd, when I go into some stores, they'll swipe the card and then pull up my info from nowhere. Elsewhere, sometimes they ask for the full info, number, address, etc. I comply, eh, whatever speeds up the process, I tried bringing up the card swipe one time and I confused the guy...then I just gave him my ID instead -_-

bread's done
Back