EDIT :Disgaea 3 Absence of Justice NEW at Amazon $19.99

If you purchase it from Gamestop's website, after CAG16 and EDGE, it comes out to $13.60, and this is one of the games that includes the original case with manual.

[quote name='Squarehard']If you purchase it from Gamestop's website, after CAG16 and EDGE, it comes out to $13.60, and this is one of the games that includes the original case with manual.[/QUOTE]

Do used games when ordered from the website come stickered all to hell?

[quote name='Squarehard']If you purchase it from Gamestop's website, after CAG16 and EDGE, it comes out to $13.60, and this is one of the games that includes the original case with manual.[/QUOTE]

You're assuming free shipping and no tax and that everyone picked up one of those edge cards. :/

[quote name='mitnosi']Do used games when ordered from the website come stickered all to hell?[/QUOTE]

Its just like any other GS game you find in store, so yes.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']You're assuming free shipping and no tax and that everyone picked up one of those edge cards. :/[/QUOTE]

You could always just tack on something else in the order to get the free shipping as long as the order is over $25, and then return the other game that you don't want, or just order it with a game you do want. In either event, you will get the free shipping.

Plus it was just an extra option to all of the people talking about getting it at GS in store, so I was giving them an extra option. Not saying if its better or worse.

[quote name='chunlirocks']This thread is for gamers who like their NEW games SEALED

----[/QUOTE]

Cheaper used and you're gonna open it to play it anyways.

I'm quite tired of an inane argument.

[quote name='TheKbob']Cheaper used and you're gonna open it to play it anyways.

I'm quite tired of an inane argument.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but whos to say they didn't rub their butt over that used copy? Or did something in the bathroom while reading the manual? Or scratched the game so bad that even the Blu-Ray coating couldn't stop them from their Freddy Krueger claws?

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeah but whos to say they didn't rub their butt over that used copy? Or did something in the bathroom while reading the manual? Or scratched the game so bad that even the Blu-Ray coating couldn't stop them from their Freddy Krueger claws?[/QUOTE]

You touch dirtier doorknobs than any video games. I have worked at Gamestop for almost 4 years and haven't gotten herpes, the HIV, or any form of deadly contagious disease and I have handled extremely nasty video games and consoles.

If you get a scratched disc, laugh. Finding a scratch PS3 game is a rarity and I could probably count the instance of someone trading in one scratched on one hand.

I just got mine for $16 w/ employee discount at Gamestop. Great condition, too :D

I have no problem buying older used games at GS, in fact just this morning I ordered Disgaea 3, Valkyria, Tales of Legendia, and Digital Devil Saga from GS.com used with cag16, saver, and my Edge card. Came out to 21.5% off (after my local sales tax is figured in) and free shipping.

I won't buy any newer titles used at GS though, as a meager $5 off isn't worth it in my opinion. I'd rather pay $5 more and get a new copy. And, no I won't buy their shelf display games that the sell as "new". Sorry GS, you opened it, you bought it.

With amazon you get an actual NEW SEALED copy and dont have to pay tax or go home knowing you've contributed to gamestop continuing to be in business. Amazon>Gamestop.

[quote name='genfuyung']With amazon you get an actual NEW SEALED copy and dont have to pay tax or go home knowing you've contributed to gamestop continuing to be in business. Amazon>Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

That not having to pay tax only works for some people. Amazon has a distribution center in my state so I have to pay tax.

[quote name='genfuyung']With amazon you get an actual NEW SEALED copy and dont have to pay tax or go home knowing you've contributed to gamestop continuing to be in business. Amazon>Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

This

You do know that you should claim all purchases made out of state on your federal and, if applicable, on state tax forms, right?

The no tax thing on internet transactions will probably come back to bite a lot of people as e-commerce gets more and more popular.

Just letting you know :D

I go where they cheapest game is. For Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, that was Amazon, 1 copy shipped for $33~. For Disgaea 3, it was Gamestop for $16.32.

Being a fan of getting the best deal > Brand loyalty.

[quote name='TheKbob']Being a fan of getting the best deal > Brand loyalty.[/QUOTE]

That is basically the CAG motto :applause:, I'm going to pick up a used copy from gamestop today as long as they have one that is complete.

I'd like to remind everyone too that buying the game new not only supports the developers, but helps ensure that we get a part 4 (or just more games from the developers). Even at the $20 or $23 pricepoint, those sales are calculated life-to-date, and it helps publishers decide who gets their limited dev money.

In other words, try to buy new when you can. It makes a bigger difference than you think. You vote with your dollars

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']I'd rather pay 3 more bucks to Amazon if it keep's money out of Gamestop's hands...but that's just me...[/QUOTE]

If this were Twitter, I'd follow you just for this post.

Is there a clinical term for 'compulsively buying a game for fear of it becoming rare (even if you didn't particularly want it)'? Oh hell, from the reviews I read about this game, this price breaks down to about a penny per hour. My New Year's Resolution gives you a very facetious "Thanks!", CAG.

[quote name='roland13x']I'd like to remind everyone too that buying the game new not only supports the developers, but helps ensure that we get a part 4 (or just more games from the developers). Even at the $20 or $23 pricepoint, those sales are calculated life-to-date, and it helps publishers decide who gets their limited dev money.

In other words, try to buy new when you can. It makes a bigger difference than you think. You vote with your dollars[/QUOTE]

The retailers have already paid for these copies, therefor the publisher has their cut. These prices drops (or what appears to be stock clearance) don't really have any hit to the publisher.

NIS has already put themselves in a hole with a bunch of horrid releases since Disgaea 3.

The best way to support NIS at this point would to be to buy the DLC for the title rather than worry about how to pay for the disc copy. I got VC for "on the cheap" during last years Game Day sales at Gamestop and I bought some of the DLC to support the folks directly.

[quote name='TheKbob']The retailers have already paid for these copies, therefor the publisher has their cut. These prices drops (or what appears to be stock clearance) don't really have any hit to the publisher.

NIS has already put themselves in a hole with a bunch of horrid releases since Disgaea 3.

The best way to support NIS at this point would to be to buy the DLC for the title rather than worry about how to pay for the disc copy. I got VC for "on the cheap" during last years Game Day sales at Gamestop and I bought some of the DLC to support the folks directly.[/QUOTE]

You're wrong about that. The publishers pay money when a game drops in price. It's a bit of a back-ended price guarantee that eats into the publisher's earning, and therefore trickles down (very quickly) to gouge away at any developer earnings.

And yes, DLC is another nice way to support the folks. But this also has more to do with the big picture. EVERYTHING in this industry moves forward based on sales figures. Buying new shows customer interest in a brand or developer. Therefore, better sales = better for developer.

Again, but new if you can. You have no idea how much buying used hurts the industry, especially with these smaller, more niche titles.

[quote name='Squarehard']Looks like its going to be $15 for a "new" one at GS for Gameday. I'm probably just going to pick it up then.[/QUOTE]

How do you know broski

[quote name='TheKbob']NIS has already put themselves in a hole with a bunch of horrid releases since Disgaea 3.[/QUOTE]

QFT. I've lost most of my drive to collect NISA after :ds:Rhapsody, :ps2:Ar Tonelico 2, and :psp:Mana Khemia. Added to that, taking Rosen Queen 3 months after release to ship my "pre-order", and "limited" editions that keep getting reprinted.

[quote name='roland13x']You're wrong about that. The publishers pay money when a game drops in price. It's a bit of a back-ended price guarantee that eats into the publisher's earning, and therefore trickles down (very quickly) to gouge away at any developer earnings.

And yes, DLC is another nice way to support the folks. But this also has more to do with the big picture. EVERYTHING in this industry moves forward based on sales figures. Buying new shows customer interest in a brand or developer. Therefore, better sales = better for developer.

Again, but new if you can. You have no idea how much buying used hurts the industry, especially with these smaller, more niche titles.[/QUOTE]

He is right and wrong about that. If the MSRP gets lowered then the distributor or publisher will reimburse the retailer the costs. If the retailer decides to clear stock they can not go after the distributor for the loses in clearance of a game.

Now mind you been 10 years since I worked retail. But when I was in charge of clearance and close outs at CompUSA. BUt I know this is the way it currently works at Macy's.

Grabbed a copy. Too hard to really pass up at $20. I loved the first game and still need to play the second one on my PSP. Looking forward to getting to the third.

bread's done
Back