[Edit] The Pope Dies ... or not.

the_gloaming

CAGiversary!
Everyone knew it was coming, and someone had to post it. Check the news if you don't believe me.

Unless they're pulling the biggest, most unfunny April Fool's Joke ever.

Edit: Edited the topic title, because, well, he didn't. Yet.

I feel that I must note that this is not official, it is being reported on CNN from an Italian media source, the Vatican has not confirmed, and CNN has not independently confirmed this yet. That being said, I think that it is likely true.

CNN doesnt say he's dead. "Vatican: Pope clinging to life" Are you just making your guess that today's the day?

Edit: Really? Well I better get this in my blog to scoop them!

[quote name='jm2u']CNN doesnt say he's dead.[/QUOTE]

They had it up, but took it down. Expect official confirmation soon.

[quote name='projecteightysix']lol I could see the pope going APRIL FOOLS!!!!!
but yeah, good riddance if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Good riddance? The guy hasn't done anything remotely bad in his entire life.

[quote name='defender']This is cruel if fake.

Any verifying sources?[/QUOTE]
No Vatican confirmation. So this is just a Net/Network Rumor so far.

[quote name='m1lesteg']Good riddance? The guy hasn't done anything remotely bad in his entire life.[/QUOTE]
I can't find the quote anywhere, but I heard him once say he thinks he's God, or a "god". it was pretty f'd up.

the whole catholic thing is messed up if you really look at it. the bible says how man is a screw up, yet they make you go through man to confess etc.

Er, I posted because the Italian media reported it. Also, I get my news from Drudge, and it said in big letters -- "POPE DIES." After that I walked to work (it's close) and by the time I checked again, it had been retracted, and now says that his brain and heart are still functioning.

Anyway, I never meant it as a joke and hope no one thought I did.

[quote name='Kayden']I wasn't joking... the catholic church is a pock mark on human history.[/QUOTE]

Correction: The whole of Christianity is a festering boil on the ass of human history.

[quote name='m1lesteg']Good riddance? The guy hasn't done anything remotely bad in his entire life.[/QUOTE]

I think the outright anti gay rants are pretty bad to many people, me included. If anyone else says those things he would stir up much more hatred, and with good reason. Though my opinion doesn't reflect the opinion you quoted, and it doesn't come close to reflecting yours either.

The Vatican is denying it, but that doesn't mean he didn't die. Or that he won't be officially dead by tonight.

I think the denial is just to keep up appearences.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Correction: The whole of Christianity is a festering boil on the ass of human history.[/QUOTE]

wow... thats almost verbatim what I was planning on saying... I figured I'd be slightly less callous seeing how hes dying...

But way to kick em while they're down! :lol:

If you aren't a christian or don't care about the pope, the keep your comments to yourself.

And as for the gay comments, the majority of americains don't support the gay community, so why would the leader of a rather conservative religion support them. And as for my comments on majority of americians not supporting the gay community, look at the voting in the last election where gay marriage was on the ballot, they lost everywhere, and they would loose in MA, but the court system decided to legislate for themselves. They are accepted by the majority of Americains, as many just don't really care what someone else does. No one wants to go and hunt them down, as it isn't that big of a deal, but that doesn't mean they approve. An overwhelming majority of Americains are Christians. No everyone does not follow the bible to the tee, but they still believe.

Yes the Catholic church has made numerous errors, but it is run by humans, and everyone in the human race has made numerous mistakes over their lifetime

I didn't know sinead o' connor was part of the CAG community! seriously, not believing in Christianity is fine, but you dont have to go out of your way to trash talk it as a whole. Atleast it attempts to better humans and their morals, which you cant tell me is a bad thing? Could you please post your religion so I can compare it to a boil on my ass?

[quote name='m1lesteg']The guy hasn't done anything remotely bad in his entire life.[/QUOTE]

Suuurrreeee... maybe by your standards....

[quote name='Kayden']wow... thats almost verbatim what I was planning on saying... I figured I'd be slightly less callous seeing how hes dying...

But way to kick em while they're down! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Way to take joy in the sickness and death of another human being. Even if you don't believe in the religion, there's no need for such blatant disrespect of another person's life. Do you want people to say "good riddance" and then claim that your family is a festering boil on the ass of the world? I'm not a religious person, but at least I respect the lives of good people.

[quote name='projecteightysix']I can't find the quote anywhere, but I heard him once say he thinks he's God, or a "god". it was pretty f'd up.

the whole catholic thing is messed up if you really look at it. the bible says how man is a screw up, yet they make you go through man to confess etc.[/QUOTE]

you know why you cant find that qoute, because if a pope breaks one of the ten commandments, that badly, it is grounds for dismissal from his papacy, next time you chrage someone with something, give a good reason, the guy is the fucking pope, so show some damn respect, especially to someone whos ailing, and in such pain

[quote name='m1lesteg']Way to take joy in the sickness and death of another human being. Even if you don't believe in the religion, there's no need for such blatant disrespect of another person's life. Do you want people to say "good riddance" and then claim that your family is a festering boil on the ass of the world? I'm not a religious person, but at least I respect the lives of good people.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Like it or not, I'm sure its going to happen.

And BTW, I am Catholic.

[quote name='afedock']I didn't know sinead o' connor was part of the CAG community! seriously, not believing in Christianity is fine, but you dont have to go out of your way to trash talk it as a whole. Atleast it attempts to better humans and their morals, which you cant tell me is a bad thing? Could you please post your religion so I can compare it to a boil on my ass?[/QUOTE]

"Catholicism- Bettering humanity one boys ass at a time!"

[quote name='Kayden']"Catholicism- Bettering humanity one boys ass at a time!"[/QUOTE]

Think of that all by yourself, champ?

[quote name='m1lesteg']Think of that all by yourself, champ?[/QUOTE]

No, hearing 1500 years of stories of corrupt priests and sexual abuse helped a lot.

[quote name='Kayden']wow... thats almost verbatim what I was planning on saying... I figured I'd be slightly less callous seeing how hes dying...

But way to kick em while they're down! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Now don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against the pope personally. It's just everything he represents that I despise. :lol:

[quote name='Kayden']No, hearing 1500 years of stories of corrupt priests and sexual abuse helped a lot.[/QUOTE]

In any case, your beef with the religion is secondary to whatever your disdain for the Pope is. He did nothing wrong. Unless you have something against the entire Catholic religion, which would limit your options in people quite a bit.

[quote name='m1lesteg']In any case, your beef with the religion is secondary to whatever your disdain for the Pope is. He did nothing wrong. Unless you have something against the entire Catholic religion, which would limit your options in people quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say I had any beef with the popester, I just said it'd be nice if christianity would die with him.

[quote name='Kayden']I didn't say I had any beef with the popester, I just said it'd be nice if christianity would die with him.[/QUOTE]

i'm confused... i thought you said you were catholic???

(btw, i'm not catholic.)

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Correction: The whole of Christianity is a festering boil on the ass of human history.[/QUOTE]

While I personally agree with you, it has helped members of my family through their darkest times, so I can't completely say it is useless.

Now, with Mitch Hedburg dieing and the Pope near death the next day, it is clearly a sign of the apocalypse

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']i'm confused... i thought you said you were catholic???

(btw, i'm not catholic.)[/QUOTE]

So I'm sui-religo-cidal...

Well... you could say I'm a catholic... but thats like saying Jesus was a cow because he was born in a barn...

My parents are catholic, but I have a mind of my own.

[quote name='Kayden']So I'm sui-religo-cidal...

Well... you could say I'm a catholic... but thats like saying Jesus was a cow because he was born in a barn...

My parents are catholic, but I have a mind of my own.[/QUOTE]

oh ok. thanks for explaining lol! :D

[quote name='Kayden']Well... you could say I'm a catholic... but thats like saying Jesus was a cow because he was born in a barn...

My parents are catholic, but I have a mind of my own.[/QUOTE]

Same here, except it's only my mother who's catholic. I don't actually know what my father believes, but then again I've never asked.

My whole family is catholic, except for me... 12 years of catholic school really did wonders for me. I just dont believe in an invisible man and all that stuff... my family cant stand that i'm an atheist. My mom buys books all the time for me to try to "convert me" it's pretty comical.

[quote name='onetrackmind']My whole family is catholic, except for me... 12 years of catholic school really did wonders for me. I just dont believe in an invisible man and all that stuff... my family cant stand that i'm an atheist. My mom buys books all the time for me to try to "convert me" it's pretty comical.[/QUOTE]

That's why I don't discuss religion at home, because then everyone wants to pray for you and all that bullshit. By keeping my mouth shut I've managed to only recieve one bible in the last year, and that was from a cousin. :D

If my parent had stuck me in catholic school I would have done everything I could to be expelled.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']That's why I don't discuss religion at home, because then everyone wants to pray for you and all that bullshit. By keeping my mouth shut I've managed to only recieve one bible in the last year, and that was from a cousin. :D

If my parent had stuck me in catholic school I would have done everything I could to be expelled.[/QUOTE]

You do know some Catholic schools still beat you senseless for getting out of line.... right?

[quote name='bignick']Now they will ring the bell in the Vatican. Good thing I watched Eurotrip![/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.

[quote name='m1lesteg']In any case, your beef with the religion is secondary to whatever your disdain for the Pope is. He did nothing wrong. Unless you have something against the entire Catholic religion, which would limit your options in people quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

You must be against contraception and hate gays then.

bread's done
Back