EGM May '08 Reviews & Rumors

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Rumors:

- Insomniac is making a downloadable expansion sequel to Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and schedule for a Fall 08 release.

- Tecmo is planning Wii & DS versions of Tecmo Bowl.

- Warren Spector(creator of Deus Ex) is creating a platform-style Mario Killer for Disney that features Mickey Mouse.

- Sony Liverpool(Wipeout HD) is creating a character action game called "The Protector".

- Gears of Wars 2 will have a multiplayer mode that features a 5-on-5 multiple mode & new camera angle.

- Warner Bros. is having Traveller's Tales create games for the new live action Akira movie.

- Sony's "Home" will be getting a open beta this spring.

Reviews:

Multiplatform:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008- C+, B-, B-
Dark Sector- B, B, B-
Army of Two- B-, B, B

Wii:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl- A, A-, A-
Okami- A, B+, A
Opoona- C, C+, C+

PS3:

Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds- B, B, B-

Xbox 360:

Universe at War: Earth Assault- B+, C+, B
Frontlines: Fuel of War- C+, B-, B-

Nintendo DS:

Lost in Blue 3- B-, C, D+
The World Ends With You- A-, B, A-
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren The Wanderer- B+, A, B

PSP:

Wild Arms XF- C-, B-, B

Cover story is on Socom: Confrontation. There's also a feature for 50 Cent's new game, 50 Cent 2(I guess they ran out of inventive titles?). His new game features him in the Middle East blowing up terrorists( :rofl:).

Also for the June issue, they cover Capcom's Dark Void. There's also a mention of a monsterous revival of one of Capcom's classic arcade games. Although it might sound like Bionic Commando, the shadow they show sure looks like Strider.

Glad to see Shiren get some respect as it looks like most reviewers (according to metacritic) don't understand what a roguelike game is.

[quote name='tangytangerine']

Cover story is on Socom: Confrontation. There's also a feature for 50 Cent's new game, 50 Cent 2(I guess they ran out of inventive titles?). His new game features him in the Middle East blowing up terrorists( :rofl:).[/quote]

Why wouldn't they just call it "Dollar"?

[quote name='wat']Mario Killer [/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Most retarded thing I've read in all of gaming history right there and I'm not a very big nintendo fan.

Rumors:

- Insomniac is making a downloadable expansion sequel to Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and schedule for a Fall 08 release.

- Tecmo is planning Wii & DS versions of Tecmo Bowl.

- Warren Spector(creator of Deus Ex) is creating a platform-style Mario Killer for Disney that features Mickey Mouse.

- Sony Liverpool(Wipeout HD) is creating a character action game called "The Protector".

- Gears of Wars 2 will have a multiplayer mode that features a 5-on-5 multiple mode & new camera angle.

- Warner Bros. is having Traveller's Tales create games for the new live action Akira movie.

- Sony's "Home" will be getting a open beta this spring.

Reviews:

Multiplatform:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008- C+, B-, B-
Dark Sector- B, B, B-
Army of Two- B-, B, B

Wii:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl- A, A-, A-
Okami- A, B+, A
Opoona- C, C+, C+

PS3:

Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds- B, B, B-

Xbox 360:

Universe at War: Earth Assault- B+, C+, B
Frontlines: Fuel of War- C+, B-, B-

Nintendo DS:

Lost in Blue 3- B-, C, D+
The World Ends With You- A-, B, A-
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren The Wanderer- B+, A, B

PSP:

Wild Arms XF- C-, B-, B

Cover story is on Socom: Confrontation. There's also a feature for 50 Cent's new game, 50 Cent 2(I guess they ran out of inventive titles?). His new game features him in the Middle East blowing up terrorists( :rofl:).

Also for the June issue, they cover Capcom's Dark Void. There's also a mention of a monsterous revival of one of Capcom's classic arcade games. Although it might sound like Bionic Commando, the shadow they show sure looks like Strider.

Glad to see Shiren get some respect as it looks like most reviewers (according to metacritic) don't understand what a roguelike game is.

[quote name='tangytangerine']

Cover story is on Socom: Confrontation. There's also a feature for 50 Cent's new game, 50 Cent 2(I guess they ran out of inventive titles?). His new game features him in the Middle East blowing up terrorists( :rofl:).[/quote]

Why wouldn't they just call it "Dollar"?

[quote name='wat']Mario Killer [/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Most retarded thing I've read in all of gaming history right there and I'm not a very big nintendo fan.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Like I said, they probably ran out of inventive titles.[/quote]
You do know it got an official name last week, 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, right?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You do know it got an official name last week, 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, right?[/quote]

Nope, I didn't know that. In the issue, it just goes by 50 Cent 2.

Sounded to me like they were probably too forgiving of the control flaws in Okami given how much they complained about them in the review text vs. the scores they gave the game.

I loved the PS2 game, shame that the drawing part is seemingly harder with the Wiimote than it was with the analog stick as you'd think that would have made it easier. Maybe it just needed more development time to fine tune. Though I'm not sure why they'd be rushing to put out a port of a game that unfortunately sold poorly the first go round.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Sounded to me like they were probably too forgiving of the control flaws in Okami given how much they complained about them in the review text vs. the scores they gave the game.

I loved the PS2 game, shame that the drawing part is seemingly harder with the Wiimote than it was with the analog stick as you'd think that would have made it easier. Maybe it just needed more development time to fine tune. Though I'm not sure why they'd be rushing to put out a port of a game that unfortunately sold poorly the first go round.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing. It's a good game and all, but I think they may have overblown the scores to try to rebalance the injustice of it selling so poorly.

And I suspect it isn't so much a matter of dev time as it is having an entirely different team essentially have to re-build the game from the ground up for this one.

I love the quote about Tony Yayo not giving a shit about camouflage. He's in the middle of a gun fight in the Middle East all decked out in his G-Unit clothing - this game can't miss.

bread's done
Back