EKGaming.com - Pre-Owned Sale. We share $ with your favorite Pubs & Devs

"We don't have enough 50 Cent Blood on the Sand - XBOX 360 (Pre-Owned) stock on hand for the quantity you selected. Please try again." :cry:

[quote name='Bosamba']"We don't have enough 50 Cent Blood on the Sand - XBOX 360 (Pre-Owned) stock on hand for the quantity you selected. Please try again." :cry:[/QUOTE]

Hey Bosamba,

Ya, sorry bout that. We are just getting rolling so just in the early stages of accepting trade-ins and building stock. For some reason it give you a quantity option even when there is just one in stock. So we do have one :)

We will look into eliminating that qty drop down when only one unit exists.

[quote name='ApathyAndFlow']How much is shipping? Can't seem to find it...[/QUOTE]

Free shipping in the USA on games. Are you international?

[quote name='blakesgameroom']Are the CE's complete with everything including dlc?[/QUOTE]

Soul Cal V (PS3) CE is complete with Making Of Disk, Game case and disk, The Art of SV Book, and DLC card offer Dark Knight and White Knight Costumes for Character Creation Mode (although not sure if used or not). This game came in on trade. Has original CE Box and book sleeve. All are in excellent condition.

Mass Effect 3 (360) is complete with Metal Tin, two game disks, online pass/DLC card, XBOX Live 2-Day Gold Pass (unsure if any or all are used). Also includes flip open box with The Art of Mass Effect 3 Book and Mass Effet Invasion Comic book. Box sleeve is also included and everything is in like new condition.

Deus EX HR Augmented Edition (360) is complete with game box and slip cover, Deus EX HR Design Book, Game disk and Bonus Disk. Product Registration card is included but unsure if ever registered. All are in like new condition.

FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA TOO!

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']We share 10% of the pre-owned purchase price with Pubs and Devs (Dev's when applicable) so help out the industry and buy used from EKG :)[/QUOTE]

Why in the world would you do that. I would think that you would be way better of passing that 10 percent off to consumers to try and get more sales. The vast majority of consumers really only care about price and service, I doubt that many would care if they were helping the industry, which is mostly dominated by enormouse corporations. People do seem to like to help and support indie developers as indicated by the popularity of all the indie download bundles, but the used game industry doesn't really impact them. If the goal is to some how encourage publishers to be more supportive of used games- good luck with that. GameStop is too huge for a small site like this to have any influence over publishing decisions like online passes. I just don't see how giving away profits to big corporations can be beneficial to a small website.

How would you even go about giving the publishers 10 percent of your sales? Do you allocate that percent based on how many games you sell that are by a specific publisher? If you sell one game by some random publisher do you send them a check unsolicited? Seems like a costly administrative nightmare. I would think you would even still have to pay taxes on that 10 percent of sales.

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']Hey Bosamba,

Ya, sorry bout that. We are just getting rolling so just in the early stages of accepting trade-ins and building stock. For some reason it give you a quantity option even when there is just one in stock. So we do have one :)

We will look into eliminating that qty drop down when only one unit exists.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response earlier. I'm actually only trying to add one to my cart and it's not even letting me do that. I want to bust some caps in fools while dropping some fuck bombs.

I like your company's objectives and want to support you. The only way an all digital future will work is if there's a third party involved (e.g. Steam). If left up solely to Microsoft/Sony, we'll cease to see great deals on games.

Do you guys refurbish all the trade ins you receive like Best Buy, or are they sold "as is" like GoHastings or Gamestop?

Thanks for your support! We do run our disks through a polisher and check on a system that it works to boot screen and a few minutes of game play.

Not sure why you are having an issue adding 50 cent? I tried adding it to cart and it worked fine. Is that the issue you are having?

[quote name='Bosamba']Thanks for the response earlier. I'm actually only trying to add one to my cart and it's not even letting me do that. I want to bust some caps in fools while dropping some fuck bombs.

I like your company's objectives and want to support you. The only way an all digital future will work is if there's a third party involved (e.g. Steam). If left up solely to Microsoft/Sony, we'll cease to see great deals on games.

Do you guys refurbish all the trade ins you receive like Best Buy, or are they sold "as is" like GoHastings or Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']Thanks for your support! We do run our disks through a polisher and check on a system that it works to boot screen and a few minutes of game play.

Not sure why you are having an issue adding 50 cent? I tried adding it to cart and it worked fine. Is that the issue you are having?[/QUOTE]

The issue was operator error. Got it figured out now, thanks.

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']We share 10% of the pre-owned purchase price with Pubs and Devs (Dev's when applicable) so help out the industry and buy used from EKG :)[/QUOTE]

How and why

[quote name='Snuggelz']I've never heard of your website before. Anyone have any light on how legitimate it is?[/QUOTE]

I have done business with his other site "Game Gavel" and I can attest that they are legit.

[quote name='kodave']How and why[/QUOTE]

Whether or not publishers/developers deserve a piece of the second hand pie is a split debate. Just know that our reasoning behind it is to help out gamers first and foremost, pubs/devs come second.

We believe someone needs to change how used games are treated in the industry because right now with GameStop leading the way, gamers are being bent over because of how pubs are dealing with their perceived loss of revenue for all the used games they are selling and promoting. It is because of GameStop you all have to pay online pass and single use DLC, etc. Not to mention they also give you Jack for your trades!

With our model, it is our hope gamers will get behind it and trade their games into us and buy used games from us. We guarantee gamers up to 30% more for trade-ins and also pickup all USA shipping to and from. Our lower overhead also allows us to share some revenue with the people that made the games, thus legitimizing used game sales in their eyes. They also are getting used game sales data, something they aren't getting from GameStop for obvious reasons. We are working our way towards having publishers label us the Industry Approved Trade-In Store and that will be a huge endorsement when we get it.

Since we are paying them some rev on all used games we are courting with them to not charge us with online pass so that all games purchased through us will come with a fresh online pass code for no additional cost to you the gamer. How great would that be?

You can read more about us, our model and team right here:

About EKG - http://www.ekgaming.com/about-ekg/

EKG Buzz - http://www.ekgaming.com/ekg-buzz/

Team EKG - http://www.ekgaming.com/team-ekg/

Our model preserves your right to continue buying and selling used games. GameStop's model could eventually kill off physical altogether and that would suck big time.

Yes but how would you send them 10 percent? Do you just send them 10 percent unsolicited? Do you send some random publisher 10 percent from a single game you sold. Administratively, seems like a costly and difficult thing to track. I would imagine many publishers probably wouldn't be that interested in wasting any resources even bothering working with a website as small as yours. You may even end up having to pay taxes on the 10 percent you are essentially donating to big developers, which are mostly huge publicly traded corps.

The only company that could really change the used game industry to the point it would benefit the consumer by getting rid of things like online passes is gamestop. It seems like a waist of some of your profits to donate part of them to the likes of EA or Activision. I don't see what you get out of it. It seems like it would be better from a business stand point to pass on the 10 percent to the consumer rather than a big publisher. Customers care about price and service- I doubt all that many care about giving 10 percent to EA. A lot of gamers seem to have a soft spot for indie developers judging by sales of the indie bundles, but the indies are primarily download only these days.

[quote name='caltab']Yes but how would you send them 10 percent? Do you just send them 10 percent unsolicited? Do you send some random publisher 10 percent from a single game you sold. Administratively, seems like a costly and difficult thing to track. I would imagine many publishers probably wouldn't be that interested in wasting any resources even bothering working with a website as small as yours. You may even end up having to pay taxes on the 10 percent you are essentially donating to big developers, which are mostly huge publicly traded corps.

The only company that could really change the used game industry to the point it would benefit the consumer by getting rid of things like online passes is gamestop. It seems like a waist of some of your profits to donate part of them to the likes of EA or Activision. I don't see what you get out of it. It seems like it would be better from a business stand point to pass on the 10 percent to the consumer rather than a big publisher. Customers care about price and service- I doubt all that many care about giving 10 percent to EA. A lot of gamers seem to have a soft spot for indie developers judging by sales of the indie bundles, but the indies are primarily download only these days.[/QUOTE]

If gamers were guaranteed a complete used game with a fresh online pass (for no additional cost) all the time that would be a big plus to gamers. Plus the 20-30% more for their trade-ins. We are pretty well connected to the industry and have been in discussions with publishers for about the past 1 1/2 years and we have had mixed reactions from them. Some want to support us and some are worried at the reaction of one big retailer :) Still trying to work the model and get more on our side.

For now we will do what we can to help gamers by extending them more credit and providing a growing supply of used games. We are starting small but that is how you have to start in retail these days. Most investors won't touch physical retail anymore as digital and the cloud are the new darlings. So hang with us in these early days. Worst case is you will get some good deals trading in and buying.

I like this guy's business model, with sending out 10% to the pubs. Personally, anyone that helps screw Gamestop out of a sale is okay by me. They were actually voted one of the top 10 worst places to work just recently, (google "glassdoor" for the site that ranked them as such). Glad I never worked there.

Does the 10% go to the publisher of the individual game you sell then?

[quote name='preston181']I like this guy's business model, with sending out 10% to the pubs. Personally, anyone that helps screw Gamestop out of a sale is okay by me. They were actually voted one of the top 10 worst places to work just recently, (google "glassdoor" for the site that ranked them as such). Glad I never worked there.

Does the 10% go to the publisher of the game you sell then?[/QUOTE]

Yep, cutting them quarterly checks.

:applause:#10 http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal...nkBack}_America’s_Worst_Companies_to_Work_For

Got something to trade-in? Email us for a quick quote at [email protected].

[quote name='preston181']I like this guy's business model, with sending out 10% to the pubs. Personally, anyone that helps screw Gamestop out of a sale is okay by me. They were actually voted one of the top 10 worst places to work just recently, (google "glassdoor" for the site that ranked them as such). Glad I never worked there.

Does the 10% go to the publisher of the individual game you sell then?[/QUOTE]

I'm curious as to why you like that business model. If you care about the publisher so much, ie EAs shareholders, why don't you just buy it new and give them an even bigger cut. I assume most people buy used to save money, it seems like if they had a choice between given EA 10 percent of the price or not having to pay that 10 percent, I'd imagine most would chose the cheaper option. The only way most people would pay more is if they got something out of it- no season pass or what not. But that's some pie in the sky idea and not a reality. The only company that could really possibly get publishers to do that is GameStop. It's not a bad idea- but it requires HUGE influence to implement.

For a young website like this, you could make better use of the 10 percent by giving it to CHeapy and have him sticky/feature your website to build up a reputation.

[quote name='caltab']I'm curious as to why you like that business model. If you care about the publisher so much, ie EAs shareholders, why don't you just by it new and give them an even bigger cut. I assume most people buy used to save money, it seems like if they had a choice between given EA 10 percent of the price or not having to pay that 10 percent, I'd imagine most would chose the cheaper option. The only way most people would pay more is if they got something out of it- no season pass or what not. But that's some pie in the sky idea and not a reality. The only company that could really possibly grt publishers to do that is GameStop.[/QUOTE]

I do buy 95% of my games new, and I buy quite a bit of DLC too. When I buy used games, it's often a title that I passed over when it was new. I hate giving GameStop my money.

I usually go to Amazon or some other online retailer having a deal featured here for new, and I try to give a small business or individual seller some business for the used games I pick up. I have a large enough disposable income to not have to trade away my games to the video game pawnshop known as GameStop. I'll sell it on Amazon or give it away to a friend before I sell it for peanuts to that place.

I like the business model for two main reasons:

1. It gives back to the publishers, and lends the small business owners better reception with the publishers.

and...

2. It screws GameStop out of getting a resale, (or multiple resales, in some cases), on the copy of my old game. I don't care for GameStop, because they bought up all the other game stores, like Babbage's, Funcoland, EB Games, etc. Any time I can put a dent, even if that dent is extremely small on the scale of their business, in Gamestop's sales, I'll happily do so.

Why don't you supply prepaid shipping labels? What happens to your shipment reimbursement if one games is declined due a difference of condition grading? Ie you mail 4 games and pay for priority shipping ( sorry more than 2 games will raise the weight to where you can't use first class (13oz or under) but one game is declined. Your reimbursement would fall under the 2-3 games reimbursement which would be significantlly lower.

[quote name='kklems']Why don't you supply prepaid shipping labels? What happens to your shipment reimbursement if one games is declined due a difference of condition grading? Ie you mail 4 games and pay for priority shipping ( sorry more than 2 games will raise the weight to where you can't use first class (13oz or under) but one game is declined. Your reimbursement would fall under the 2-3 games reimbursement which would be significantlly lower.[/QUOTE]

Yes, prepaid labels are coming. We are also going to start shipping out pre-addressed, pre-paid envelopes out with all gaming orders to if and when the buyer wants to send them back into us, they already have the envelope. All things we are working on :)

We know there will be grading issues, although so far so good :) We do only accept games that are complete with case, manual if there was one and a game with no unusual wear. I think most gamers know what unusual wear is. We do run all our used games through a polisher and test to start up and a few minutes of play time.

This sale worked out well for me. I picked up Space Marine and Bioshock, both :360: and for $9.99 each. Got free shipping, both shipped the day after I ordered (at night) and both were in like new condition with original artwork/case and manual.

Thanks!

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']This sale worked out well for me. I picked up Space Marine and Bioshock, both :360: and for $9.99 each. Got free shipping, both shipped the day after I ordered (at night) and both were in like new condition with original artwork/case and manual.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Cool. That's how we roll! As an FYI here are some recent trade-in values (from a request today) vs. GameStop's trade-in values. Got something to trade? Email us your trades for a price quote at [email protected]

Modern Warfare 3 (PS3) - $18 vs. GameStop's $14

Saints Row The Third (360) - $24 vs. GameStop's $18

Skyrim (360) - $27 vs. GameStop's $21

Resident Evil ORC SE (360) - $20 vs. GameStop's $14

Batman Arkham City (PS3) - $13 to GameStop's $10

And we cover shipping to mail us your trades in the USA!

If your games have devalued to a point where GameStop will only give you a couple bucks, list them yourselves on GameGavel.com and make more money than trading in! We have you covered both ways.

A site called EKG with blood red background. Yeah...

It may seem cute to you but it's damn annoying to look at, and red is my favorite color. It's like I time traveled back to 1999, right down to the logo.

I'll keep any eye out for a redesign once and if your business takes off. Until then I can't be bothered to browse the site.

I'm not trying to be negative, just constructive for a fledgling business.

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']Cool. That's how we roll! As an FYI here are some recent trade-in values (from a request today) vs. GameStop's trade-in values. Got something to trade? Email us your trades for a price quote at [email protected]

Modern Warfare 3 (PS3) - $18 vs. GameStop's $14
[/QUOTE]

Or, uh.. $15(+$15 from the 100% boost) for a total of $30 from best buy this month.

bread's done
Back