El Shaddai (360/PS3) Amazon DOTD for 9/26 $36.99

Yeah I'm personally holding out for sub $30. Game seems to be available at a lot of places too, so I doubt it'll be hard to find when it does start dropping in price.

Demo was fun/interesting. Appreciate the game trying to be artistic and step outside the box. But I'll still wait for the inevitably soon $15 price.

I would love for gaming to be past the bohemian nonsense where it pretends anything different and abstract is suddenly art. There's a lot of ground to cover here but if we're just going to have two settings, 100% conventional and 100% counter-conventional, there's no point.

Oh cripes. If I really EMBRACE what I just said, I'd have to elevate Deadly Premonition's take on the idea. Eh, so long as I remain able to say DP's gameplay was garbage I'm alright. The backhanded compliment stays.

I don't know. I *might* have $40.00 burning a hole in my pocket. I loved the demo and have been looking forward to playing more.

bought this at launch from frys, traded it in to bb after i beat it for essentially a free rental. the demo is definitely not indicative of the full game, however a more justifyable price for fellow CAG's would be between $25-30. i most certainly will be rebuying it when it reaches that price.

ps u can choose between japanese or english audio

I bought it at launch. I got swayed by hype promising great gameplay and visuals. The writing is bad and the platforming is the worst i have played in the last decade. The combat was a big disappointment for me since i like to break games down in this area. The character control was decent but that is only half of what makes combat good...enemy design sucked! It does not matter how good your character feels or what he can do if the enemies are not given the same level of care.

cliffs: I am disappoint

[quote name='blahtastic']Did not enjoy the demo at all...will definitely pass on this game until it hits $5.[/QUOTE]

That's crazy talk, at least give it a realistic chance. Waiting for $6.99.

Come to think of it, I bought Killer 7 for about $4, so maybe...

I hear the game gets much better later on but the demo didn't sell me either. I have a feeling I would never finish this game but I'll probably pick it up if it's very cheap on Black Friday

With the fact that I am sure this sold like shit and that its very, very, very niche I will be waiting for the $10 and under price point like most.

Yeah i played the demo and it seemed fun, i didnt realize the combat was that deep. But with Batman coming soon, I think Ill wait for a 20-30 for this. I just want a Bayonetta 2 :(

$40? I'm in for that - I really enjoyed the demo, and it seems like a nice change of pace from the shooters we've been getting lately. Plus I have more than enough Amazon credit to spare.

It looks like a great game, but one day it'll be $20, and when it is, I'll take one.

People like me are the reason games like this fail.

I see a trend of cags who have finally admitted they have too huge of a backlog. I think we are all becoming more and more patient. Especially this year where AAA titles are dropping so fast, sub AAA games will drop even faster. yeah waiting for $10ish ;)

I was waiting for something like this. With my $20 credit from Gears, the price is down to what I would consider reasonable since I like unique games like El Shaddai.

lol it's showing $58.10 for PS3 and $59.99 Xbox360. They actually crossed out the original $59.99 and re write sale price as $59.99 :lol:

[quote name='kouleefoh']lol it's showing $58.10 for PS3 and $59.99 Xbox360. They actually crossed out the original $59.99 and re write sale price as $59.99 :lol:[/QUOTE]
What a steal!

I'm sure it's some technical difficulty or something, though.

[quote name='Shady Hombre']What a steal!

I'm sure it's some technical difficulty or something, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just like how Amazon took off 50 cents for NFS Shift instead of 50%

[quote name='mkelehan']It looks like a great game, but one day it'll be $20, and when it is, I'll take one.

People like me are the reason games like this fail.[/QUOTE]
Makes you kind of wonder how games like that can succeed at all with the way price points work in this industry. The only people who are even aware of the title are the same people who know full well that it will be $20 in a matter of weeks. Ditto for Child of Eden, Shadows of the Damned...

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Makes you kind of wonder how games like that can succeed at all with the way price points work in this industry. The only people who are even aware of the title are the same people who know full well that it will be $20 in a matter of weeks. Ditto for Child of Eden, Shadows of the Damned...[/QUOTE]

It was highly successful in Japan. Even spawning an android version of the game. (not the same game.)

I'm in for that price. This game tried something different on consoles. I feel like rewarding the developer for that by purchasing it new.

Viewtiful Joe is still one of my favorite games and I swore I would always buy anything the art director for VJ worked on. Sorry it took this long El Shaddai!

I was about to purchase this but then realized that X-Men Destiny is this week, I still have not finished Gears 3 and I have Rage & Dark Souls pre-ordered too :razz:

Guess if it is cheap come BF, then I will bite. I really do want to play this game. :D

[quote name='midloo']I'm in for that price. This game tried something different on consoles. I feel like rewarding the developer for that by purchasing it new.

Viewtiful Joe is still one of my favorite games and I swore I would always buy anything the art director for VJ worked on. Sorry it took this long El Shaddai![/QUOTE]

If you really felt like "rewarding" them, you would've bought it when it was $60. Just saying....

[quote name='JaylisJayP']If you really felt like "rewarding" them, you would've bought it when it was $60. Just saying....[/QUOTE]

The concept of rewarding isn't binary. There can be differently levels of it. One person may consider it buying a new copy rather than a used copy. Some hardcore collectors might scoff at the notion of buying a new game at full price as being enough of a reward and not consider it truly showing appreciation to a developer unless they buy the limited edition or two copies of the game: one to play and one to keep sealed.

To each his own...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thrinn']The concept of rewarding isn't binary. There can be differently levels of it. One person may consider it buying a new copy rather than a used copy. Some hardcore collectors might scoff at the notion of buying a new game at full price as being enough of a reward and not consider it truly showing appreciation to a developer unless they buy the limited edition or two copies of the game: one to play and one to keep sealed.

To each his own...[/QUOTE]

I suppose, just sounds a little ridiculous when someone feels they have to let everyone else on a message board know they're "rewarding" a developer by paying about half the original retail price. I understand the new/used thing, but I can't imagine the developer is making that much off a game priced at $37. It's not going to matter if you think you're being a great supportive gamer at that point. Next time, if you're going to think of yourself as "rewarding" a developer, don't half ass it.

Just snagged Shadow of the Damned for $30, so I'll probably wait for the next sale before I bite on this (I put the 2 in the same category). Very excited to play it, though; reviews were great and it's beautiful.

[quote name='Dranakin']I can wait on this, though I'm still not sure what genre this game is.[/QUOTE]
It's an action game with some platforming.

Played the demo at E3. Liked the visual style but felt the game itself was a bit meh. Put me in the $20 crowd (and the huge backlog crowd).

bread's done
Back