Elder Scolls Oblivion 4.99 @ BBV!

KILLER TREKKY

CAGiversary!
Now, this looks to me like a mega hot deal, I went into BBV to buy Iron Man (its an inside joke) for 9.99, and found Oblivion for 4.99 (which I got free thanks to the current promo). 5 bucks even by itself is a great deal for such a huge game, def worth the money. I have become addicted to it #-o .

Btw, this is for 360 if it makes a difference.

I'd imagine used since the last time I saw Oblivion at BBV for that cheap (10 bucks then), it was used. They still sell the bare version for 25-30 bucks new.

I tried to get into Elder Scrolls III, but I found it just awful; I would spend 15 minutes wandering the village, another 15 minutes wandering in the forest, I'd run into one bad guy in a cave, and boom, dead.

[quote name='game_fanatic']I tried to get into Elder Scrolls III, but I found it just awful; I would spend 15 minutes wandering the village, another 15 minutes wandering in the forest, I'd run into one bad guy in a cave, and boom, dead.[/QUOTE]

Oblivion has a slider bar for difficulty that can be adjusted on the fly with no consequences.

For me, I loved Oblivion when I'm out exploring the world and doing the main quest. I hated every time I had to go into a villiage though, because it basically meant everything stops for an hour or so while I go around and buy/sell what I need using an awkward interface and only half understanding what I'm really doing.

But for $5 it's really hard not to get your money's worth. Just get out of the original caves and play through the gladiator matches and you've gotten your money's worth right there!

Ya Oblivion is far more accessible than Morrowind. It's the main reason why so many die-hards constantly bitch about Oblivion. Make something more accessible to more people, and those who have followed it for a while will find a reason to complain.

It's also a reason why Oblivion is my favourite game. I, unlike the die-hard fans, do not possess the time or patience to learn all the subtle nuances of a game and pour countless hours of my life into it. I have limited time, so in that limited time I wish to be entertained. Oblivion does that for me.

I had similar hesitations to trying Oblivion as I too did not care for Morrowind at all. But rest assured it isn't Morrowind. Give it a try, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up guys, if I don't have this at home (can't remember if I traded it in or not) then I may have to peruse my local BBV's to look for stock.

bread's done
Back