Elder Scrolls 4 CE Xbox 360 $49, 37 reg edition for PC

Taken from FW. Hopefully this is not true:

"I called (I say calling is warranted because Outpost will not give a crap about you when you receive the non CE version and cry like a little baby that it said CE version when you ordered -- I have been burned like this before on these "deals") and the rep gave me the UPC code since he really has no idea whether it is a bad listing or not. The UPC is 710425298790 if anyone can cross-reference that somehow and figure out if it is really the CE. He did say it was a "special price" on the item, but the regular edition is going to go for 59.99 so it could still be that. "

"Pretty sure this is a DEAD deal guys. Looks like Outpost probably did the usual screw up again. I Googled and found a link for this UPC code at DVD Empire.

Looks like this is more than likely the regular version, considering the UPC's match up. "

I also googled the upc and found only the original, non-CE edition all over the net. If you look at bethesda's developer diary about the CE the packaging looks different than the item pic on Outpost

Item pic on outpost:

Bethesda Develper Diary:
Scroll down to see the two versions, white being original and brown being the CE

I am thinking about cancelling my order, or at least calling outpost as the price does seem a little too good to be true. My emailed reciept from outpost still says CE though so I dont see how Outpost could get around that claim in the title.

So I found the preorder page (Go to 360 section and elder scrolls page) for Elder Scrolls 4 CE on take-two's site and they listed the UPC as [font=Tahoma, Arial]7-10425-29897-4

This is not good, as the upc does not match the upc (
[/font]710425298790)[font=Tahoma, Arial] that CAG [/font]freezedried74 was given we he spoke to outpost. What do you guys think?

Ps. its interesting that take-two is charging $20 bucks more for the preorder, which leads me to believe that this is one great deal or a major mistake. Hoping for the former but not holding my breath.
[font=Tahoma, Arial]
[/font]

[quote name='freezedried74']Taken from FW. Hopefully this is not true:

"I called (I say calling is warranted because Outpost will not give a crap about you when you receive the non CE version and cry like a little baby that it said CE version when you ordered -- I have been burned like this before on these "deals") and the rep gave me the UPC code since he really has no idea whether it is a bad listing or not. The UPC is 710425298790 if anyone can cross-reference that somehow and figure out if it is really the CE. He did say it was a "special price" on the item, but the regular edition is going to go for 59.99 so it could still be that. "

"Pretty sure this is a DEAD deal guys. Looks like Outpost probably did the usual screw up again. I Googled and found a link for this UPC code at DVD Empire.

Looks like this is more than likely the regular version, considering the UPC's match up. "[/QUOTE]

It was me who posted that on FW. I would say the deal is definitely not for the CE edition, as I have another post in that thread that spells out that the UPC for the Xbox 360 CE version is actually 710425298974 instead of 710425298790. Sorry guys. :cry:

Edit:
Here are the links if you want to compare these at Barnes and Noble:
non-CE
http://videogames.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?cds2Pid=9597&ean=710425298790

CE
http://videogames.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?cds2Pid=9597&ean=710425298974

Im glad I cancelled my order since its looking like it might not even be the CE. That combined with what others have said about slow shipping doesnt seem to make it to be that good a deal. Ah well, full price on day one for me.

Yep this may not be the CE. Outpost may have screwed up. And really, what chance do you have with an e-mail confirmation that says this, like mine does?

1 4577647 XB360 ELDER SCROLLS IV 49.99

Total $: 49.99

------------

Clearly Outpost will just deny it when this goes down..

Shit. I bet everybody that ordered before will be getting a cancellation e-mail pretty soon. Either that, or they'll make us pay the new price.

I spoke to an Outpost customer service rep this morning regarding the ambiguity surrounding those of us who preordered Oblivion before Outpost corrected their pricing mistake. The rep told me that all preorders before the pricing change will be getting the CE for $49.99, news that her software supervisor handed down to her. So they acknowledge the website error and have now corrected it but will still honor all previous preorders at the original price. So all you fellow preorders out there we just saved ourselves $20 off retail! Now this is what CAG is all about! Our collective dilligence and communication saved a lot of money from Outpost's online blunder! I am still keeping all of my documentation though (I even got the customer service rep's full name). :applause:

Sorry for the bump but i need some help. I have Elders Scroll 4 CE for the 360 in my cart at outpost and it says its only $49.99. When i go to check out on the final confirmation page the price jumps to $69.99!! Can somone helpe me out, i can take a screen capture for proof. Thanks.

i had same prob. i think u and me both missed out on this deal, probably there will be similar deal by release date.

I also missed the sale; I hesitated because I didn't have a XBOX 360 yet, but now I'll wait until the next deal appears for Oblivion.

Yes and damnit. I spent an hour on the phone with them and when they finaly ansewered they where extreemly rude even before i asked a question. Then they clearly told me no without fully hearing me out and then no again. I hung up on them after that. I am ok that i missed the deal but they shouldnt talk to people like that. I hope i can find a deal on this game or i might just the regular version.

2 month left untill the release, fry's will have another similar deals before the release or after release so dont stress too much. and its expected from those tele jerks, not worth wasting time with them. next time if u do call ask for manager right away, dont waste ur time with them.

I'm getting pretty excited about the release of this, it made it even better that I saved $15 on it. Hopefully it comes out (bug free) in time for its March release date.

I really hope they stick by their word on this one. What they say now and what they say when they are facing losing $20 a pop might be different. Here's hoping...

Well I got an email today saying I needed to call to keep my order active. You guys will probably be getting the same one. Someone had mentioned earlier about how they make you call if you preorder, it only took about 3 min.

[quote name='Staind204']Well I got an email today saying I needed to call to keep my order active. You guys will probably be getting the same one. Someone had mentioned earlier about how they make you call if you preorder, it only took about 3 min.[/QUOTE]

I got this e-mail a few weeks ago:

"If you would prefer to cancel, change, or check the status of your order, you may do so at anytime prior to shipment by calling customer service at 1-877-OUTPOST, (International customers may call +1-408-350-1484) or e-mail us at [email protected]. If you choose to cancel your order we will provide a full and prompt refund of any charges which you may have incurred for unshipped items."

So for me it says to call if I want to change/cancel my order. Haven't received this "new" e-mail yet.

Yeah I also received that one a few weeks ago. I just got the new one today, like I said it only takes a couple minutes. Well worth it to save almost $20 on the game. Now lets just hope it doesnt get pushed back again :(

[quote name='Dragonlord88']Does everybody think Outpost will ship it on time and honor the price?[/quote] Ship on time? No. Honor price? Maybe. I am still pissed that my order didnt go through.

[quote name='orphicblue']fucking hot. Thanks OP for saving me about $20[/QUOTE]
I know it's off topic but I couldn't help notice that you are playing/awaiting the same games. Whats your gamertag if you play DOA4 online?

[quote name='2fast_2fuhrer']Hate to rain on everyone's parade, but Outpost.com isn't known for the best service and shipping. Hope you guys get your game without any hassle though.[/QUOTE]

OHHH he called it!

I had to do the 'call to confirm' thing a couple days ago and the girl I talked to said A) It IS the CE an B) They are honoring the price.

As for how long shipping takes, even if they ship it like 2 weeks late, big deal. With so many games coming in March, I probably wouldn't have gotten to Oblivion until at least April anyway. And if they take too long, I'll just go and buy it at EB and then when my copy comes in the mail, I'll return that one at EB. Best of both worlds.

I got the same email as everyone else regarding the preorder. I responded via email and was going to call when I got this.

Thank you for contacting Fry's Outpost.com.
We have received your response to keep your order active and have noted
your account. Our apologies for the continued delay.

So I guess my preorder is ok. I am sure that they were trying to use the ambiguity surrounding the release date to weasel out of some early $20 off preorders. I have my copy shipping overnight (since the original price was so low) so I am only really waiting for Bethesda to get their act together. It sounds like the release date is going to be announced within the next week or so.

Recieved via email today:
Please note that the item(s) listed below have been removed from
your order per your request to Customer Service, or because the
item is no longer available.

ITEM # DESCRIPTION QTY PRICE
REASON
____________________ ______________________________ ___ ___________

Thats because you never emailed them back from the Feb. 14th email they sent out.

Feb. 14th email stated:
If we do not hear from you within 30 business days, your order will be cancelled automatically.

Well i never recieved the damn email but it was cancelled anyway. I called them today and straightened it out. I'm just a little worried now if she put down an order of the original rather than the collectors edition. I will be pissed if its the regular edition.

[quote name='Ryan166']Thats because you never emailed them back from the Feb. 14th email they sent out.

Feb. 14th email stated:
If we do not hear from you within 30 business days, your order will be cancelled automatically.[/QUOTE]

It hasn't been 30 business days since today would be 30 real days.

[quote name='Calico']It hasn't been 30 business days since today would be 30 real days.[/quote]
Thats true. But it seems like too muchof a coincidence that his order would be canceled on the 30 day mark like that.

[quote name='Stuka']Technically it wasn't the 30 day mark because Feb. is 28 days.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you are right. Still not 30 business days as the email stated though.

[quote name='Benaorn']They cancelled my order saying that they run out of stuck before they process my order. Lame.[/quote]
They ran out of stock?? This is a pre-order, so they never had any stock to begin with!!

fuck, I just got this e-mail cancelling too.

Thank you for your order XXXXXXXXXXXX.

Please note that the item(s) listed below have been removed from
your order per your request to Customer Service, or because the
item is no longer available.

ITEM # DESCRIPTION QTY PRICE REASON
____________________ ______________________________ ___ ___________ ____________________
4577647 XB360 ELDER SCROLLS IV 1 49.99

Please note, some online sales are subject to prior sale and may
not be available. Merchandise offered on our email advertisement
is good "while supplies last".

Order request confirmations received from our web site do
not guarantee delivery of the items ordered.

Fry's Outpost.com apologizes for any inconvenience this may
have caused you. For further assistance, please call
1-877-OUTPOST.

Thank you for choosing Fry's Outpost.com.

I know it's not going to change anything but I plan to call and give them shit and then a polite 'fuck You' to top it off.

I love how they claim the item is no longer available or they have no stock, yet they are still selling it on their website, just with the updated price. fuckers....

Are all orders really cancelled? I don't believe I've gotten the most recent e-mail, and I did call a few weeks ago after getting the initial e-mail to verify that I still wanted the product.

[quote name='Vendetta']Are all orders really cancelled? I don't believe I've gotten the most recent e-mail, and I did call a few weeks ago after getting the initial e-mail to verify that I still wanted the product.[/quote]
I emailed them back after the 1st email, and my order is yet to be cancelled.

My order seems like it's still active. For those with active orders, have you gotten any correspondence regarding shipping? It should be out today, right?

[quote name='lyric706']My order seems like it's still active. For those with active orders, have you gotten any correspondence regarding shipping? It should be out today, right?[/quote]
Outpost takes a while to ship. Your best bet is to buy it from a store, then return the unopened outpost copy with your store receipt.

Yeah, I guess maybe they aren't cancelling all the orders. I called to give them shit for cancelling my order and they said the system automatically cancelled it for some reason and so they said they are going to reinstate the order and even at the 49.99 price. The only problem is that it won't be here until probably Thursday or Friday at the earliest she said, and I really wanted to play it tomorrow (in fact since I got that e-mail I had been planning to pick up the regular edition at EB tomorrow morning. I guess I'll call and if they have any of the CE available I'll buy it and then return the one from Outpost when it gets here.

bread's done
Back