Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion 5th Annivesary Edition - $29.99, $10 off Skyrim + guide

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
oblivion-anniversary2.jpg
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion 5th Annivesary Edition
[IMG-L=5838]22778[/IMG-L] [IMG-L=5838]22779[/IMG-L]

image credit

Contents:

• Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Edition (includes Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles DLC)
  • $10 off coupon for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (can be used at any retailer)
  • Collector's Edition content (map, making of DVD, trailer for Skyrim)
  • Steelbook case and slip cover
  • There will be 200,000 units made, so it is limited
Release date: June 28, 2011 for PS3, 360, and PC

Amazon
:360: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition
:ps3: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rockx4']I wonder if this is limited to 200,000 units total across all 3 platforms? Or if it's 200,000 each, lol.[/QUOTE]

curious about this myself, it will probably be 200,000 per platform me thinks, pre-ordering PC version just in case

Why is everyone saying it's limited to 200,000 still? This has been debunked many times. They will make as many as they feel they need to meet demand and then probably stop, that is what has been said so far. The 200K units was just a guess.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Why is everyone saying it's limited to 200,000 still? This has been debunked many times. [/QUOTE]

Probably because it still says so in the OP... ;)

Yes but it has been debunked in the thread itself many times. But I guess it's because people are lazy and don't like to read, I am still wondering why that surprises me...

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yes but it has been debunked in the thread itself many times. But I guess it's because people are lazy and don't like to read, I am still wondering why that surprises me...[/QUOTE]

^This. They said the initial release is limited to 200k, but if there is demand after that, they will print more.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yes but it has been debunked in the thread itself many times. But I guess it's because people are lazy and don't like to read, I am still wondering why that surprises me...[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying it's right, but you asked why and that's most likely why.

[quote name='bvharris']Still nothing official on Trophies yet? I'm guessing we would have heard by now if they were in..[/QUOTE]

Bromingham, any retail PS3 game that is released now must support trophies. There is no option involved, they HAVE to put trophies in the game. This has been the case ever since the boxarts switched to the new logo (i.e. when Uncharted 2 released). Trophies will be in, guaranteed.

The real question that's bugging me is Steam achievements for the PC version. All of Bethesda's recent games have been Steamworks, I wonder if this one will as well?

[quote name='dudejeff22']Bromingham, any retail PS3 game that is released now must support trophies. There is no option involved, they HAVE to put trophies in the game. This has been the case ever since the boxarts switched to the new logo (i.e. when Uncharted 2 released). Trophies will be in, guaranteed.

The real question that's bugging me is Steam achievements for the PC version. All of Bethesda's recent games have been Steamworks, I wonder if this one will as well?[/QUOTE]

But it's just a re release it's not like it's a brand new title, and as confident as I am that it will have trophies we just have to wait and see.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']According to the press release GameStop wouldn't be one of the retailers getting it.[/QUOTE]
I just came from GameStop, and it was listed on their future release list.

[quote name='dudejeff22']Bromingham, any retail PS3 game that is released now must support trophies. There is no option involved, they HAVE to put trophies in the game. This has been the case ever since the boxarts switched to the new logo (i.e. when Uncharted 2 released). Trophies will be in, guaranteed.
[/QUOTE]
That is 100% not true and stop making things up because you're going to screw them over.

So far any game on the PS3 that did not have trophies when it was first released did NOT get trophies put in for their second printing.

Oblivion is not a new game, it's an old game that did not support trophies the first time around that is being printed again.

[quote name='apolloimburning']A lot of people who are hoping / expecting there to be trophies are going to be disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Has it been confirmed that there will not? (Haven't been following the thread lately)

[quote name='SCDallas']Has it been confirmed that there will not? (Haven't been following the thread lately)[/QUOTE]

It hasn't, though if you think about it, if they were adding trophies, Bethesda would have plenty of incentive to let everyone know about it since it would likely sway more than a few potential PS3 buyers. On the other hand if they're not in, Bethesda gains nothing from saying so. I'd interpret their silence on the matter as a very good indication that it will not have trophy support.

[quote name='bvharris']It hasn't, though if you think about it, if they were adding trophies, Bethesda would have plenty of incentive to let everyone know about it since it would likely sway more than a few potential PS3 buyers. On the other hand if they're not in, Bethesda gains nothing from saying so. I'd interpret their silence on the matter as a very good indication that it will not have trophy support.[/QUOTE]

They've been completely silent. They haven't even announced the game yet

[quote name='Ionotropic']I just came from GameStop, and it was listed on their future release list.[/QUOTE]

Yay :) still nothing listed online though, looks like I'll have to check that out in store, thanks! :applause:

I'm buying this game because I skipped the earlier versions (plus, this version is too cool to pass up). However, I'll not play it if it doesn't have trophies (I probably leave it sealed, lol). Something terribly wrong with me I know...

Will anything be improved, graphics wise and I pre-ordered for 360 but now I'm reconsidering buying for ps3 because of the sharper visuals.

I didnt like this game. Wouldnt buy it again to give it another chance and wouldnt recommend it to anyone. Tons of people love this game but I felt like it was bland and lacking. The sword play was meh, the loot was meh, the creatures were scary at first and then...meh, and then the story was also meh. I understand completionists and those who like exploring every ounce of a world but I never felt it to be a world worth exploring. Mods did a lot for the game sure but they never did much for me, though a few interesting and huge ones have come out or are coming out soon.

Bethesda finally announced this. The official release is July 12th

http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/...edition-coming-to-north-america-on-july-12th/
Hot of the press! This afternoon we’ve officially announced The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition — coming to North America (more details on Europe soon) on Tuesday, July 12. Read the full release below:​
The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition Available July 12th!

We are pleased to announce that The Elder Scrolls IV™: Oblivion® 5th Anniversary Edition will available in North America on Tuesday, July 12, 2011.​
The anniversary edition, which has a suggested retail price of $29.99, is the complete collection of the original award-winning game as well as the Knights of the Nine®and Shivering Isles® expansions. With countless ‘Game of the Year’ awards and overwhelming critical praise, Oblivion still remains a defining game in the role-playing genre. Celebrate one of the most expansive next-generation titles ever to be released on the Xbox®360, PlayStation®3, and PC platforms with this definitive, limited-edition compilation.

The Elder Scrolls IV™: Oblivion® 5th Anniversary Edition includes:
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: With the empire ready to crumble, the gates of Oblivion open and demons march upon the land. You must find the lost heir to the throne and unravel the sinister plot that threatens to destroy all of Tamriel.
Knights of the Nine: A fallen King has been unchained from the darkness of Oblivion to seek vengeance upon the Gods who banished him. Only a champion pure of heart can vanquish the evil that has been released.
Shivering Isles: Enter the torn realm of Sheogorath – a world where Mania and Dementia reign. Do you have the strength to survive his trials, to tame a realm fraught with paranoia and despair, and wear the mantle of a God?
The North American 5th Anniversary Edition also includes:
Collector’s Steelbook: A beautiful collectible metal case masterfully embossed with Daedric symbols.
Making of Oblivion: A behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of Oblivion.
Oblivion Game Map: A full-color map of Cyrodiil and the Shivering Isles.
Save on Skyrim: Contains a $10 mail-in rebate offer for the purchase of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and a Skyrim strategy guide.

Details on the versions that will be available in the rest of the world and their contents will be released soon.

So if this is a reprint of the GOTY version, PS3 users should be warned that there's a bug with one of the quests that will leave you unable to turn it in - and leave you with Vampirism for the remainder of the game.

It's not something you can easily avoid either, since one of the guild quest lines almost guarantees that you're going to contract vampirism.

[quote name='daminion']So if this is a reprint of the GOTY version, PS3 users should be warned that there's a bug with one of the quests that will leave you unable to turn it in - and leave you with Vampirism for the remainder of the game.

It's not something you can easily avoid either, since one of the guild quest lines almost guarantees that you're going to contract vampirism.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you just save / reload as needed, I see it being no different than going on a killing spree and thinking twice about it :).

[quote name='Relysis']It does not include any of the DLC, and will not include Trophies, for those who care.

Bethesda Blog[/QUOTE]

Aren't Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles DLC?

Welp, I can safely cancel my PS3 order then. I'll still get it on 360 since it's one of my favorite games and I'd like to have the Steelbook.

[quote name='Relysis']Shrug

"It’s the core game, Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles. The DLC are not included."[/QUOTE]

I think he implied that the core game, Knights of the Nine, and Shivering Isles are included...additional DLC isn't...i.e. the horse armor, etc.

This post was spot on:
"Should have just put up a PayPal ‘donate’ button with $30 on it — at least everyone knows the score that way"

I was hoping for trophies though, guess my two copies are canceled as well...$30 for steel-book seem stupid at this point, especially after owning the vanilla, expansion packs, and GOTY. May try and find a copy used.

For those who've never played Oblivion, none of the DLC beyond KotN and Shivering Isles is particularly noteworthy. There's some cool locations, etc added for sure, but you're not going to miss too much of the experience for the lack of it.

[quote name='gargus']It will have them, Im virtually 100% positive. Awhile ago sony made trophies mandatory and every game released for ps3 has them. Only reason some didnt have them originally was sony let the devs decide if they wanted to, but they changed that policy a couple years ago.

Even old ps2 games like sly, god of war and tomb raider games re-released on ps3 had trophies.

Since this is a new sku and not just a reissue Im sure it will be treated like a new release post the new trophy rule and they will included.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gargus']But this like I said is a new sku thus its considered a new release, they arent simply just making more of the exact goty thats already out. The ps2 re-releases is my point, they were games released on the system AFTER mandatory trophies and thus had to include them.

Im not going to debate it with you. When it comes out it will have trophies, Im right and your wrong, nyah nyah nyah and so on. Ill make sure I come back to bump the thread with a quote from you just incase you forget after the game is out that it has trophies. [/QUOTE]

Here's some crow for you to chew on, enjoy

eat-crow.jpg

[quote name='ssjmichael']Here's some crow for you to chew on, enjoy

eat-crow.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This cat reminds me of that bling bling white rapper guy.

[quote name='ssjmichael']NO TROPHIES CONFIRMED:

Someone from Bethesda replied to a commenter saying:[/QUOTE]
Thanks. So, assumed it is exactly the GOTY disc.

Looks like I may cancel my preorder. I'll have to think about it.

Cheap move Bethdesa. Yeah, the extra DLC is probably not the greatest, but it really should have been included. Oh well, I sold my GOTY copy to Gamestop for like $24, so a $5 upgrade to a steelbook is not too bad. Although, I kinda like the black GOTY cover more than the silver Steelbook.

Someone from Bethesda (scroll down a bit) replied to a commenter saying:[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Canceled my order.

gstaff wrote on June 8th, 2011
@Sslaxx — it’s definitely aimed at folks that haven’t played Oblivion before. Finding new copies of Oblivion GOTY isn’t always easy these days.

Lol like I can't walk into a walmart or gamestop or even best buy and find copies of this game : /

Nice it comes out on my birthday, never could get into it when it first released but with skyrim coming i think i will give it another go.

For what it's worth, I was able to preorder in store at Gamestop this evening. Still not listed online, may be an in store thing only.

[quote name='gargus']But this like I said is a new sku thus its considered a new release, they arent simply just making more of the exact goty thats already out. The ps2 re-releases is my point, they were games released on the system AFTER mandatory trophies and thus had to include them.

Im not going to debate it with you. When it comes out it will have trophies, Im right and your wrong, nyah nyah nyah and so on. Ill make sure I come back to bump the thread with a quote from you just incase you forget after the game is out that it has trophies.[/QUOTE]

Someone from Bethesda (scroll down a bit) replied to a commenter saying:

PC, PS3, and 360. Sorry, no trophies [/QUOTE]

oh-snap.jpg

^ why do any of you care about any of it? Oblivion was a masterpiece, albeit a one that technology wasn't caught up to. I may or may not get the anniversary edition because I have already sank an ungodly amount of time into it, but achievements and trophies are meaningless. It's the experiences that count.

[quote name='RAD5brandon']^ why do any of you care about any of it? Oblivion was a masterpiece, albeit a one that technology wasn't caught up to. I may or may not get the anniversary edition because I have already sank an ungodly amount of time into it, but achievements and trophies are meaningless. It's the experiences that count.[/QUOTE]

Because some people are that shallow

Because different people get joy out of different things. Some get that same 'experience' from the trophy or achievement ding.

This is clearly a cash in though, which is quite a shame. It could have been the complete collection with a bit of effort. The steelbook looks quite nice.

[quote name='RAD5brandon']^ why do any of you care about any of it? Oblivion was a masterpiece, albeit a one that technology wasn't caught up to. I may or may not get the anniversary edition because I have already sank an ungodly amount of time into it, but achievements and trophies are meaningless. It's the experiences that count.[/QUOTE]

I only care insofar as I already have the full gamerscore on 360, so if they were adding Trophies to the PS3 version I would be more likely to go that direction for that added benefit of completing the game again. I'll still be picking up this new version since I love the game, but on 360 again as opposed to PS3.

But yeah, for anyone that hasn't played Oblivion, it's well worth playing Trophies or no.

I don't care about trophies, but I do look at their lack of any effort as another sign that they don't give a shit about the PS3 and are just greedy bastards after a quick buck. Throwing in the same GOTY disc that was plagued with a potentially game killing (or at least severely altering) vampirsm bug is just poor on their part. It was fixed on all other platforms, but despite being aware of it, they refuse to fix it on the PS3

[quote name='ssjmichael']I don't care about trophies, but I do look at their lack of any effort as another sign that they don't give a shit about the PS3 and are just greedy bastards after a quick buck. Throwing in the same GOTY disc that was plagued with a potentially game killing (or at least severely altering) vampirsm bug is just poor on their part. It was fixed on all other platforms, but despite being aware of it, they refuse to fix it on the PS3[/QUOTE]
Ouch, just might cancel my PS3 preorder then. I don't care about trophys but this bug and no extra DLC makes me not want to spend the extra cash on it.

My plan was to get it for the extra DLC because my PC version doesn't have all of it.

bread's done
Back