Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion 5th Annivesary Edition - $29.99, $10 off Skyrim + guide

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
oblivion-anniversary2.jpg
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion 5th Annivesary Edition
[IMG-L=5838]22778[/IMG-L] [IMG-L=5838]22779[/IMG-L]

image credit

Contents:

• Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Edition (includes Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles DLC)
  • $10 off coupon for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (can be used at any retailer)
  • Collector's Edition content (map, making of DVD, trailer for Skyrim)
  • Steelbook case and slip cover
  • There will be 200,000 units made, so it is limited
Release date: June 28, 2011 for PS3, 360, and PC

Amazon
:360: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition
:ps3: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']The PS3 Slipcover over the steelbook is the ugly ass red GH Label.[/QUOTE]

This is suicide. I'm positive the "steelbook" crowd is 95%+ "GH label haters".

Doubly glad I didn't order this trainwreck.

[quote name='emperordahc']I cancelled my Amazon PS3 order of this.

A repackaged GOTY that still has the HORRIBLE Vampire Cure bug, no trophies and Bethesda said they're not patching it? Nothankyou.

BTW, the "Vampire Cure" workaround is a nightmare. Track down a non GOTY disc and buggily-trash progress in Shivering Isles?! What the heck?!

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Vampire_Cure#PS3_GotY_Vampirism_Cure_Notes

Patch the freaking game, guys. Sticking w/ my 360 GOTY (which I'm playing right now).[/QUOTE]

I also cancelled my amazon pre-order.

Oh well I bit and bought it, I remember not being crazy about it when it came out but 10 off skyrim and all that cool swag Im in

I did not cancel my amazon preorder, since we're all sharing.

I don't really get all the fuss... it's a reprint in a prettier package, at the very least they gave us that. Considering the game has always sold really close to MSRP (and perhaps even more after Skyrim was announced) I don't really see the horror in a rather uneventful reprint; it's not like you are shelling out more for it than you would've three months ago for the previous GOTY, and at least there will be more copies out there for newcomer to enjoy, instead of having to buy it for $40 used at Gamestop.

[quote name='emperordahc']BTW, I just noticed on the Amazon listing's photo, there is an odd red band at the bottom of the black label. I wonder if that should have been a hint that it was going to be a red banded Greatest hits[/QUOTE]

I believe all the black label games have that red sliver.

[quote name='iamsmart']I believe all the black label games have that red sliver.[/QUOTE]

My bad; you are totally correct. That is standard.

Uncharted 2 example:

zkguncharted2cover.jpg

I think the greatest hits thing might juts be a sticker or something apart of the shrinkwrap. You might be confused since it wasnt unwrapped.

for the record, it doesn't look half bad. I like the red with the steelbook. and tis only the clear slipcover and not on the actual book.

Im just worried that its not actually a STEELbook.. but one of those metal/tin cases that they call "steelbooks" i really hope its a genuine steelbook. It would be worth it then.

As long as the disc itself does not say "Greatest hits" or there is anything of that kind... then im good. the red isnt so bad. Now Im worried about the disc.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']
Im just worried that its not actually a STEELbook.. but one of those metal/tin cases that they call "steelbooks" i really hope its a genuine steelbook. It would be worth it then.
[/QUOTE]

Is there a comprehensive list of which games have actual steelbooks and which ones are oversized tins? For example, I believe the :ps3: version of the Dragon Age: Origins CE is an oversized tin, due to this incriminating photograph (not mine)…

CLARIFICATION: I mean, is there a comprehensive list of standard-sized steelbooks (6 3/4'' x 5 3/8'' for :ps3: - think Modern Warfare 2, SW:FU2, RE5 steelbooks, etc.) vs. over-sized steelbooks (possibly the Dragon Age: origins below? it's not my picture…) vs. tin cases.

34r84g5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Is there a comprehensive list of which games have actual steelbooks and which ones are oversized tins? For example, I believe the :ps3: version of the Dragon Age: Origins CE is an oversized tin, due to this incriminating photograph (not mine)...

34r84g5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Haha, Im not sure if theres a comprehensive list, But Dragon Age i did see in a gamestop one day and I do remember being really impressed, Im fairly positive its an actual steelbook.

Resident Evil 5 on the other hand... ARGH.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Is there a comprehensive list of which games have actual steelbooks and which ones are oversized tins? For example, I believe the :ps3: version of the Dragon Age: Origins CE is an oversized tin, due to this incriminating photograph (not mine)...
[/QUOTE]

I consider all those to be steelbooks. Basically anything made of metal that opens like a normal DVD/BR/Game case. Now on the other hand I consider this to be a metal tin and I dislike these, but I rather have them then the normal plastic cases.
3221990422_3541b634af.jpg

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Haha, Im not sure if theres a comprehensive list, But Dragon Age i did see in a gamestop one day and I do remember being really impressed, Im fairly positive its an actual steelbook.

Resident Evil 5 on the other hand... ARGH.[/QUOTE]

What was wrong with the RE 5 case?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I consider all those to be steelbooks. Basically anything made of metal that opens like a normal DVD/BR/Game case. Now on the other hand I consider this to be a metal tin and I dislike these, but I rather have them then the normal plastic cases.
3221990422_3541b634af.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Woops, yea I realized that my question didn't really ask what I wanted it to. I've changed the wording to it so I hope it makes more sense now. Thanks!

[quote name='aircobra']The slip cover says greatest hits and the disk also says it too[/QUOTE]

well, that sort of sucks.

[quote name='aircobra']The slip cover says greatest hits and the disk also says it too[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I decided to read this thread. This is a pass for me.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']We need picture confirmation of this greatest hits thing. I need to know before buying this. What terrible news...[/QUOTE]

What more confirmation do you need? Look up at what I posted... :roll:

[quote name='GAMESHARQ']Am I missing something? This isn't a deal. This is the normal retail price.[/QUOTE]

Limited edition and includes a coupon

Any deals on it? Still have my AZ preorder and I'd wager it's about to ship. Almost worth buying the PS3 and 360 versions at BB to get the B2G1 if I could find another game I wanted I suppose.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Any deals on it? Still have my AZ preorder and I'd wager it's about to ship. Almost worth buying the PS3 and 360 versions at BB to get the B2G1 if I could find another game I wanted I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Thats the only deal I can think of

[quote name='Sockmonkey8']Does anyone know if this is going to be sold at Toys R Us?[/QUOTE]

I am sure it will be

To the unboxer: you didn't get screwed out of anything. Those "daedric symbols" you were expecting are on the cover of the steelbook. It was awkward phrasing, but they meant the design on the cover of the steelbook is a daedric symbol.

[quote name='Kanelly']To the unboxer: you didn't get screwed out of anything. Those "daedric symbols" you were expecting are on the cover of the steelbook. It was awkward phrasing, but they meant the design on the cover of the steelbook is a daedric symbol.[/QUOTE]

Huh? I must be missing something.

Ummm, I don't know. People were asking about if it had greatest hits packaging so I looked on YouTube for an unboxing video, it's not mine. So I'm assuming the 360 version is going to be platinum hits? Yuck.

Is 200,000 copies considered a low amount?

Also, let's say I buy the PS3 version of Oblivion. Will I be able to use the $10 coupon on the 360 version of Skyrim?

[quote name='GAMESHARQ']Is 200,000 copies considered a low amount?

Also, let's say I buy the PS3 version of Oblivion. Will I be able to use the $10 coupon on the 360 version of Skyrim?[/QUOTE]

No. 200,000 copies is a lot for a "limited edition"

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']No. 200,000 copies is a lot for a "limited edition"[/QUOTE]

It's a lot for a 5yo game that's already been released before.

There's not 200k people in the Americas that want this crap >.

Oh noes, it's a greatest hit/platinum hit case, I must fling poo at it.

Looking forward to picking mine up and finally playing this game, I've put it off long enough.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Is there a comprehensive list of which games have actual steelbooks and which ones are oversized tins? For example, I believe the :ps3: version of the Dragon Age: Origins CE is an oversized tin, due to this incriminating photograph (not mine)…

CLARIFICATION: I mean, is there a comprehensive list of standard-sized steelbooks (6 3/4'' x 5 3/8'' for :ps3: - think Modern Warfare 2, SW:FU2, RE5 steelbooks, etc.) vs. over-sized steelbooks (possibly the Dragon Age: origins below? it's not my picture…) vs. tin cases. [/QUOTE]

The DA:O pictured in your post is an official SteelBook. (DVD/G1 size)
There was a run produced in MetalPacks though (considered inferior to SteelBooks by most) so beware if that's important to you. (I can confirm this for PS3 and I think it goes for the 360 as well.)

Here's a good resource. (Keep in mind that it is worldwide, not just USA.)

Went to Best Buy to get the 5th anniversary oblivion (and to take part in their b2g1 sale) and my local Best Buy got 2 copies for each system. Picked up one for Xbox. For those wondering, the xbox does not mention platinum hits on the case anywhere. It looks like a normal xbox release with the green swoosh (that is printed on the plastic slip cover that goes over the metal case.
Also of interest to note is the 'coupon' for Skyrim. First up, it's a mail in rebate, as opposed to a coupon that you can apply towards the purchase of skyrim. It's good for a $10 prepaid visa card when you purchase BOTH skyrim and the strategy guide in the same transaction between 11-11-11 and 12-11-11. It also stipulates that the purchase price of Skyrim must be at least $59.89.
Seems sorta anti-cag to me. Not a big deal to me, as I have preordered skyrim and the strat guide with gamestop and paid it off with credit, so I'm hopeful that receipt will work for the $10 card.

They're definitely making you jump through a few hoops. I wonder if that date window precludes pre-orders? It would seem sort of counter-intuitive if it did.

I preordered this from Best Buy a few weeks ago because I'd never played oblivion and I had some expiring rewards certificates. It's back ordered... I ended up just canceling it. I'd rather just pick up a cheap used copy on amazon and use the rest of that money towards Skyrim. I guess BB did me a favor since I didn't know when I preordered that is was just a glitchy greatest hits GOTY version in a steelbook.

[quote name='JediKiller24']
Also of interest to note is the 'coupon' for Skyrim. First up, it's a mail in rebate, as opposed to a coupon that you can apply towards the purchase of skyrim. It's good for a $10 prepaid visa card when you purchase BOTH skyrim and the strategy guide in the same transaction between 11-11-11 and 12-11-11. It also stipulates that the purchase price of Skyrim must be at least $59.89.
Seems sorta anti-cag to me. Not a big deal to me, as I have preordered skyrim and the strat guide with gamestop and paid it off with credit, so I'm hopeful that receipt will work for the $10 card.[/QUOTE]
Eww, no double, no just triple eww at all of that. I just assumed it was a $10 at retail. So you have to buy the game and guide together, save the receipt, mail that in the with voucher and waste money on postage, and then you will wait for a prepaid card.

Not my thing.

Plus the PS3 version still has the vampirism bug. Ugh, I mean I don't mind re releases but at least fix the game if it's broken.

Got my Xbox 360 version in the mail right now, it does not have PH on the front, I love the steelbook

Well that sucks. Considering that black fridaya is weeks away from release of skyrim, it sucks you can't use the coupon towards a discounted skyrim :p

I remember Mass Effect 1 for $30 on black friday, and it. Was released like 1-2 weeks prior. I hope that's the case with skyrim, cuz then ill get that and dead island!

bread's done
Back