Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion 5th Annivesary Edition - $29.99, $10 off Skyrim + guide

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
oblivion-anniversary2.jpg
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion 5th Annivesary Edition
[IMG-L=5838]22778[/IMG-L] [IMG-L=5838]22779[/IMG-L]

image credit

Contents:

• Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Edition (includes Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles DLC)
  • $10 off coupon for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (can be used at any retailer)
  • Collector's Edition content (map, making of DVD, trailer for Skyrim)
  • Steelbook case and slip cover
  • There will be 200,000 units made, so it is limited
Release date: June 28, 2011 for PS3, 360, and PC

Amazon
:360: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition
:ps3: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
I was buying NCAA 12 anyways, so I ended up ordering this and Dead Rising 2 Zombrex edition with B2G1 at BB. Not bad getting those 2 steelbooks for $35 bucks total IMO.

Picked this up today on PS3 at Best Buy. They only had one PS3 copy left after I got mine and that was 20 minutes after they opened. There were 3 360 versions left. I wonder how many copies each store got since these are limited?

[quote name='JediKiller24']Went to Best Buy to get the 5th anniversary oblivion (and to take part in their b2g1 sale) and my local Best Buy got 2 copies for each system. Picked up one for Xbox. For those wondering, the xbox does not mention platinum hits on the case anywhere. It looks like a normal xbox release with the green swoosh (that is printed on the plastic slip cover that goes over the metal case.
Also of interest to note is the 'coupon' for Skyrim. First up, it's a mail in rebate, as opposed to a coupon that you can apply towards the purchase of skyrim. It's good for a $10 prepaid visa card when you purchase BOTH skyrim and the strategy guide in the same transaction between 11-11-11 and 12-11-11. It also stipulates that the purchase price of Skyrim must be at least $59.89.
Seems sorta anti-cag to me. Not a big deal to me, as I have preordered skyrim and the strat guide with gamestop and paid it off with credit, so I'm hopeful that receipt will work for the $10 card.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying this. I just decided to cancel my order from Amazon. What a rip-off.

[quote name='Darth Indy']Picked this up today on PS3 at Best Buy. They only had one PS3 copy left after I got mine and that was 20 minutes after they opened. There were 3 360 versions left. I wonder how many copies each store got sent these are limited?[/QUOTE]

One local store near me got 2 copies for :ps3:, 2 for :360:.

Another local store got 4 for :360:, and 8 for :ps3:.

Not that many, in any case.

[quote name='leopaw']My order from Best Buy is currently back-ordered.[/QUOTE]

Mine was too, so I called to change it to store pickup. East Side Madison, WI store had 16 for PS3 the guy told me. Seems like more than other locations.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Greatest hits, gross.[/QUOTE]

Are you seriously this much of an asshole? If this game isn't for you, then GTFO of the thread. :roll:

---

I thought Josh in the kmart thread said a rep told him the $10 off wasn't for buying both. $10 for buying both means this coupon is worthless to 99% of CAG.

I just picked this up at my local gamestop. I don't think they got any other copies other than ones that were pre-ordered. This game is probably my favorite game of all time, even though I already have the game and the dlc I just had to pick this up especially since it's only $30 new and the goty is $40 used with a plastic case.

[quote name='Kablasia']I just picked this up at my local gamestop. I don't think they got any other copies other than ones that were pre-ordered. This game is probably my favorite game of all time, even though I already have the game and the dlc I just had to pick this up especially since it's only $30 new and the goty is $40 used with a plastic case.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what store you looked at, but you can find the GOTY edition for a lot less than $40, and I'm talking about brand new.

Don't want to get into too much detail but I finally got Oblivion (5th Anni) but after hearing all the crap with the PS3 version, I might exchange it for the 360 version.

Can anyone confirm or list so pros / cons for it? Don't want to waste time and gas on exchanging if I don't have to so would be nice.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Don't want to get into too much detail but I finally got Oblivion (5th Anni) but after hearing all the crap with the PS3 version, I might exchange it for the 360 version.

Can anyone confirm or list so pros / cons for it? Don't want to waste time and gas on exchanging if I don't have to so would be nice.[/QUOTE]

PS3 has the vampirism bug that was never fixed, also no added trophy support if thats your thing.

So, I only have a ps3. No more 360. Is it worth even picking this up? I mean, am I going to be furious when the vampire glitch happens? I do not want to go and waste 50+ hours on a game only to hit this glitch?

I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls, but loved both fallouts for console.

Waiting for mine from Amazon

So what is the $10 off coupon for?
I just pre-ordered on Amazon for $56 Release day shipping(still hoping for a CE). Can we use the coupon anywhere?

[quote name='cshamilton']So, I only have a ps3. No more 360. Is it worth even picking this up? I mean, am I going to be furious when the vampire glitch happens? I do not want to go and waste 50+ hours on a game only to hit this glitch?

I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls, but loved both fallouts for console.[/QUOTE]

Would like to know as well

So, I only have a ps3. No more 360. Is it worth even picking this up? I mean, am I going to be furious when the vampire glitch happens? I do not want to go and waste 50+ hours on a game only to hit this glitch?

I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls, but loved both fallouts for console.
I think it's worth trying. The vampire glitch (as far as I can remember) isn't something that's going to completely catch you unawares or anything: the only way you're going to be dealing with this glitch is if you deliberately spend too much time without curing it and decide later on that you wanted to get rid of it. Just keep a cure disease potion or spell with you, save often, and if you're especially paranoid, check the list of vampire dungeons so you'll know which ones to avoid/prepare for:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Vampire_Dungeons

[quote name='Penguin1084']I threw up in my mouth a little bit when I saw the ps3 version.[/QUOTE]

It still looks better then the 360's fugly ass green logos and boxing. the 360 green ruined the look of the LE Castlevania.

I can get over the lil greatest hits wording, and i like the red, its stylish and the case Isnt red and cheap feeling. Also on the disc, just put the game disc in back and bonus disc in front to cover the red greatest hits labeling. looks good. Otherwise its in your PS3 lol.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']It still looks better then the 360's fugly ass green logos and boxing. the 360 green ruined the look of the LE Castlevania.

I can get over the lil greatest hits wording, and i like the red, its stylish and the case Isnt red and cheap feeling. Also on the disc, just put the game disc in back and bonus disc in front to cover the red greatest hits labeling. looks good. Otherwise its in your PS3 lol.[/QUOTE]

Really? You would rather have the RED GH bar across the top? I think it looks awful but again I am not a huge fanboy.

[quote name='joshnorm']Really? You would rather have the RED GH bar across the top? I think it looks awful but again I am not a huge fanboy.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a fan of it either but come on.. 99% of the time PS3 cases own 360 cases... the larger size, ugly color and flimsy material is just awful. And if you are a true collector what's printer on the damn disc won't matter at all because your game will always stay SEALED

[quote name='erdmanski1341']Mine was too, so I called to change it to store pickup. East Side Madison, WI store had 16 for PS3 the guy told me. Seems like more than other locations.[/QUOTE]

Manage to pick up two copies from my local Best Buy today. Online order of two copies were backordered and my third game which happens to be the free game have shipped already. I wonder what will happen if Best Buy can't fill the order. I card have not been charged for the order.

Just opened up my 360 version and the coupon is crap, it says you have the mail in all three of the actual upcs from the strat guide, skyrim and the 5th anniversary edition all to get a $10 prepaid visa card. I'm not going to cut out the upcs on my games, total bs.

guys, if you want skyrim i suggest wait until black friday. there is a slight chance that it will get discounted.

there have been games in the past, that were released in november and were discounted up to 50%

i mean its out 11.11.11 right? just a suggestion though.

[quote name='giantqtipz']guys, if you want skyrim i suggest wait until black friday. there is a slight chance that it will get discounted.

there have been games in the past, that were released in november and were discounted up to 50%

i mean its out 11.11.11 right? just a suggestion though.[/QUOTE]

indeed. This past year there were quite a few. Now actually being able to obtain it will be a different story lol.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']indeed. This past year there were quite a few. Now actually being able to obtain it will be a different story lol.[/QUOTE]

Nah, its not a limited release right? I'm sure you'll be able to snag one. Or if not, after the sale there will be more copies distributed, and perhaps near christmas some stores or websites like amazon will hold a big sale and discount the game a second time.

But if you're a fan of the game, by all means get it on release day. Don't hold yourself back. It'll save you a lot of pain and sorrow lol.

[quote name='atc250es']Just opened up my 360 version and the coupon is crap, it says you have the mail in all three of the actual upcs from the strat guide, skyrim and the 5th anniversary edition all to get a $10 prepaid visa card. I'm not going to cut out the upcs on my games, total bs.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thoughts as I read the coupon. No fucking way am I going to cut the UPC's out. especially off the 5TH anniversary edition. Dont they realize the majority of the people buying that are going to be collectors??

Picked my :ps3: copy up from GameStop. Apparently, I was only 1 of 2 PS3 orders and there were only 4 360 pre-orders on top of that.

Odd.

[quote name='adamical']Just to make extra sure, there's no content included beyond what was in the GOTY edition, correct?[/QUOTE]

Nope

[quote name='adamical']Just to make extra sure, there's no content included beyond what was in the GOTY edition, correct?[/QUOTE]

Yes this is just a reprint of the GOTY that comes with a new box, a coupon, and a bonus dvd with a making of documentary and trailer for Skyrim. So there is no new content in this you can't get elsewhere. Though, it is a really good deal if you have never played the game before.

I picked mine up at BB and they still had over 10 of them for PS3. I didn't own this game, so while I always avoid GH versions, I wasn't that upset about getting a steelbook edition for free in the B2G1.

I did lol a little when I saw that this was in the GH section at my BB. A steelbook in the GH section, lol.

Well atleast the 360 version has new disc that actually say 5th anniversary edition on them! so that will make them more the rarer, But no way in hell am I cutting up my games for 10 dollars.

Surprised no one is bitching about the 6-8 weeks it'd actually take to get the $10 prepaid card. I guess 3 UPCs being required is enough to bitch at, lol.

Why cant you just scan the upcs? Every Upcs is unique and why would they care if its a copy honestly. I will give that a shot and not destroy my game. Otherwise this edition was a complete mislead =/

So anyone thinking that someone will have a deal on this within 30/45 days? Was thinking that maybe TRU might start one with a deal for pre ordering skyrim... Just wondering if I should just keep the amazon one being shipped or hunt down a BB one.

I say this in hope, but realize a steelcase of a 5 yr game probably won't.

[quote name='Wavedash007']Why cant you just scan the upcs? Every Upcs is unique and why would they care if its a copy honestly. I will give that a shot and not destroy my game. Otherwise this edition was a complete mislead =/[/QUOTE]

I admit this is a bit silly and I won't be taking part in this $10 "off", but I did order the 360 copy from amazon and it'll be here tomorrow, but I was never going to take part in it since I had no interest in getting the guide.

But do you know what a UPC even is? They are in no way unique at all.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I admit this is a bit silly and I won't be taking part in this $10 "off", but I did order the 360 copy from amazon and it'll be here tomorrow, but I was never going to take part in it since I had no interest in getting the guide.

But do you know what a UPC even is? They are in no way unique at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I lol'd. UNIVERSAL product code.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']So anyone thinking that someone will have a deal on this within 30/45 days? Was thinking that maybe TRU might start one with a deal for pre ordering skyrim... Just wondering if I should just keep the amazon one being shipped or hunt down a BB one.

I say this in hope, but realize a steelcase of a 5 yr game probably won't.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but if this actually is "limited" then I doubt there will be a promotion tied to it specifically. On top of that, were someplace like TRU to have a promo, I imagine it would involve either the original release copies of Oblivion or the GOTY copies, simply because I'm sure they still have a ton sitting around. If this doesn't receive a restock, this edition might actually become scarce, as I'm only seeing 1-4 copies of each version in most Best Buys.

But it just came out today ... so who can really say for sure right?

[quote name='Wavedash007']Why cant you just scan the upcs? Every Upcs is unique and why would they care if its a copy honestly. I will give that a shot and not destroy my game. Otherwise this edition was a complete mislead =/[/QUOTE]
Typically a manufacturer requires the original proof of purchase or UPC cutout for mail-in rebates so that consumers can't return the product for a refund.

The rebate fulfillment house will not accept photocopy of UPCs at all. You might as well save yourself a stamp.

What are the differences between the PC version and the console versions?

Does the PC version have the same bugs as the PS3 version?

Does the PC version include the X360 DLC?

I have a PS3, but would rather get it for PC if it doesn't have as many bugs.

Not too thrilled about the $10 off coupon or the greatest hits packaging, but at right around $7 to upgrade from GOTY standard version to this version... im not going to complain. I do think I should have picked it up for 360, but there were no extras of either when I showed up this morning

I dk school will start in over a month and I won't have a job... ahh fuck it I'll get it. It's been about 3 years since my 250 hour nonstop campaign in Oblivion and it is one of my favorite games of all time... so might as well pick this up. I know for an absolute that I'm getting Skyrim.

I have to admit, I wasn't going to buy this ... but after seeing it in store, it looks really nice and has a nice weight to it. Grabbed one for 360 and PC ... I'm curious to see if it will have any collectibility.

bread's done
Back