Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion GOTY - $6.79 - Steam

The Deluxe Edition is worth the extra $1.70, IMO. The Wizard's Tower has warp pads to the other guilds which is very useful.

[quote name='Lord_Zath']I have it on PS3 but couldn't get into it. Didn't really like the controls at all. Considering it for PC...[/QUOTE]

Controls are better on PC. I just have a standard keyboard and 3-button mouse FWIW.

Well naturally you'll appreciate mouse/keyboard controls better than a gamepad. I don't even know if I can run this (I have a mac and I'm still haunted by the virtualpc days so I haven't gotten around to using bootcamp) but I might have to buy it anyways so I can play it later on. I bet there's some good mods for the pc version.

Man, this is a tough one to turn down. Eight and change for the whole boat. That's a ton of hours of gameplay for under a ten spot.

Thanks op.

Egad, it came out in 2006? Man, I've got it and all the expansions already and never got that far in it. Not a fan of sword and spell games and the alchemy/magic aspects didn't make sense to me. Great deal for those who like these games and after four years, most people's PCs can probably handle it.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']You gotta have a really beast computer to run this one. I can't do it. I got it on 360 though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, back when it was 2006. Nowadays as long as you have a half decent CPU, all you really need is a solid sub-$100 card. Hell, I managed to run it at near max settings with a P4 3.2ghz and a 9800GT. And a P4 of anykind is by no means a half decent CPU.

I've beaten this on the 360 and gotten all the achievements (tho the game bugged out and only gave me roughly half)... I have not played any of the DLC... This is tempting... very tempting...

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']hate to ask but, what are the minimun specs ? if I can run TF2 and Counter Strike Source can I play it ?[/QUOTE]

Not really saying much about your computer. Oblivion is a BEAST to run... You could probably run it on minimum settings-ish if your computer can handle those 2 games at medium settings. If you have a low-end comp, get it for 360...

There are a TON of user-generated mods and tweaks to the gameplay - google it. I assume they'll all work with the Steam version, yes?

Still one of my top 10 games of all time!

[quote name='chrisnsally']There are a TON of user-generated mods and tweaks to the gameplay - google it. I assume they'll all work with the Steam version, yes?

Still one of my top 10 games of all time![/QUOTE]

Good question, do mods and stuff work with steam? I haven't used steam in a few years now, so I couldn't figure how might install mods when you're launching the game from steam?

But yeah I'm looking and there's some pretty cool mods out there. I remember reading once that a group was doing some sort of whacky conversion so you could play Morrowind with Oblivion's engine/graphics but I can't find anything on it.

The entire quakcon 2010 pack is worth it. You get the deluxe, fallout 3 GOTY, Morrowind GOTY and a ton of other stuff for $69.99 (granted, it's a lot of older games).

[quote name='Anexanhume']The entire quakcon 2010 pack is worth it. You get the deluxe, fallout 3 GOTY, Morrowind GOTY and a ton of other stuff for $69.99 (granted, it's a lot of older games).[/QUOTE]

It also comes with Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, which is my favorite survival horror game to date. Seriously, that game begs to be played.

[quote name='Lord Darkstorn']It also comes with Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, which is my favorite survival horror game to date. Seriously, that game begs to be played.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that.

[quote name='lllGurulll']I'm having a hard time talking myself into it. I couldn't get into the PS3 version when I tried it.[/QUOTE]

Promise yourself a hand job for afterward. You'll warm up to it.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Promise yourself a hand job for afterward. You'll warm up to it.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:
I went ahead and grabbed it. It's under the magic number of 10 bucks so what the hell.

I almost never pass on a deal, especially one such as this. That, and come on, a GOTY edition of a game for under $10 is a no-brainer, but I don't know....I doubt I'll ever even install this let alone finish it. I think I'll have to sleep on it for a bit...

ended up buying the deluxe for $9. Can't beat it, passed on all the other Oblivion deals in the past year, figured this is fine now that I have the money lol. Love this game, now with the DLC I haven't played with, great =D

[quote name='lllGurulll']I'm having a hard time talking myself into it. I couldn't get into the PS3 version when I tried it.[/QUOTE]

TOok me awhile too. Played it, left it alone for 3 months. Decided to try it again and really really got into it and liked it a lot. Do what the other guy said and play for a good couple hours

Sunk 150+ hours in to the 360 version, and still didn't even do the DLC. I know I will never play this on PC, most likely, but it's hard to pass=up. I'll have to think on it for a bit, hopefully it's still up when I decide.

Fantastic deal. Don't even have a computer I can play it on currently (no mac support for Oblivion), and I still felt the need to buy at this price, just in case I ever want to play the game again once I get my new pc built.

Why is everyone scaring me saying you need a 'beast' computer? I just bought the Deluxe while at work and the specs don't look that bad according to wikipedia.
512 MB system RAM
2.0 GHz processor
128 MB video card

I have 4GB RAM, Intel Dual Core 3.4ghz and 256MB Nvidia card and its 4 years old.

i bought the deluxe version. i already have it for 360 and i dont think my computer can even handle this game right now lol

[quote name='musicjunkie']Why is everyone scaring me saying you need a 'beast' computer? I just bought the Deluxe while at work and the specs don't look that bad according to wikipedia.

I have 4GB RAM, Intel Dual Core 3.4ghz and 256MB Nvidia card and its 4 years old.[/QUOTE]

You needed a beast to run it back when it released but, as long as your PC isn't more than four years old you should be fine.

This place is your friend just download the plug-in and it will tell you if a game will run on your system.
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

srlab is a horrible site. It tries to give you a black and white answer, but fails.

For instance. It might say a 9400 is good enough for a certain game, because technically it's somewhat recent. Yet it'll give a worse score for a card that's older but more powerful.

music junkie, it sounds like you have an integrated gpu. If that's the case just buy a cheap low power 5670 or something and that'll handle oblivion easily. Another note on the oblivion specs. At the time the game came out it was brutal on rigs. Even high end rigs at the time had trouble with the game with the settings cranked.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']music junkie, it sounds like you have an integrated gpu. If that's the case just buy a cheap low power 5670 or something and that'll handle oblivion easily. Another note on the oblivion specs. At the time the game came out it was brutal on rigs. Even high end rigs at the time had trouble with the game with the settings cranked.[/QUOTE]
Lol I'm sorry. The way I put it sounds like I have onboard video but the actual model is GeForce 7900GS /w 256MB GDDR3 PCI-e x16.

My bad. Thanks for the input though and good to know I should be fine in the spec dept. :)

I'm prob going to grab the whole quakecon pack since I've been meaning to really have some fun with my laptop other than the occassional cs match.

Spent like 3 hours last night discovering and adding mods to this thing. I had no idea just how dedicated the mod scene was. Wow!

Feel sorry for people who played/enjoyed this on consoles. Talk about missing out.

Wish every game had mods like this one.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Go figure. I finally decide to go and purchase it, and now the sale is off. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Yep. It was a one-day sale. :)

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']srlab is a horrible site. It tries to give you a black and white answer, but fails.

For instance. It might say a 9400 is good enough for a certain game, because technically it's somewhat recent. Yet it'll give a worse score for a card that's older but more powerful.
[/QUOTE]
I was not aware of that, it has never failed me before. I'll keep that in mind when I give the link to someone with an older card. Is the main issue gpu related?

bread's done
Back