Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']It's kind of hard to be optimistic about a system when you see alledged Madden 2006 footage, and then are presented with screenshots that don't look even remotely comparable to what we led to believe.
.[/QUOTE]
Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions about leaked footage from an unreliable source then. I see, when it's EA, and you see something BAD, you think "Ha, I knew EA would do this stuff." But when you see something GOOD from EA, it's "These screenshots look nothing like the short, low res video I found off the internet! Skullduggery is afoot!" Give it a rest. You people complain about nice looking screenshots, saying "It's just CG, probably", then turn around and complain that the games don't look good enough.

[quote name='BREVITY']Winnie I think that too, I mean I am thinking of all that Fable wanted to do/be and how it ended up doing some but not all of it. And some of what was cut in the end was what most people were looking forward too. In that way I hope Morrowind does pull through and make its self answer to all its claims but its something thats hard to see it doing.[/QUOTE]

Why people have to speak their opinions about things that they have no knowledge or understanding of I'll never understand. First all Morrowind was released 3 years ago. It is Oblivion that is coming out for Xbox 360, not Morrowind. Morrowind is the prequel to Oblivion. Secondly Bethseda promised that Morrowind would feature tons of unbelievable features and guess what... it did. There WERE hundreds upon hundreds of side quests. There WAS a massive world with dozens of dungeons, downs, and forests. It DID have incredible graphics. There WERE hundreds and hundreds of hours of gameplay. The difference is that The Elder Scrolls series is made by Bethesa, one of the top videogame developers in all of gaming. When they promise something they will deliver it. Fable on the other hand was created by Lionhead Studios and good ole Peter Molyneux, a man that loves to promise things that he can't deliver and shoot out unrealistic statements such as "Fable will be the greatest RPG of all time!". There is no doubt in my mind that Oblivion will be one of the most enjoyable games ever (as Morrowind was and still is for me).

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']IRemember how Fable was supposed to be the greatest RPG since sliced bread? [/QUOTE]

You know, I cant say I ever remember playing "Sliced Bread" but if its better than FFVII...I must oblige

Be on the lookout for a "special DVD preview" coming soon as a preorder bonus.
It has a twenty minute segment of a developer actually playing the game (on the PC) and showing off all the new features. My favorite: At one point, he shoots arrows into a bucket suspended above a well, and the damn thing actually tips in the direction of the arrow stuck into it's side. The whole game looks ridiculous (in a good way).
I can't wait for November.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Be on the lookout for a "special DVD preview" coming soon as a preorder bonus.
It has a twenty minute segment of a developer actually playing the game (on the PC) and showing off all the new features. My favorite: At one point, he shoots arrows into a bucket suspended above a well, and the damn thing actually tips in the direction of the arrow stuck into it's side. The whole game looks ridiculous (in a good way).
I can't wait for November.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully GameStop will have something like that this Friday when I go to finish paying off my 360 and put more money down on Oblivion.

[quote name='momadaboo']I think this game will be what Fable should have been...[/QUOTE]

The Elder Scrolls has been around since 1995(or longer), long before Fable was ever thought of.

[quote name='Technique']The Elder Scrolls has been around since 1995(or longer), long before Fable was ever thought of.[/QUOTE]

Um... yeah I know. I've owned two of the previous Elder of Scrolls games... I guess I don't get your point. I'm just saying that Oblivion will probably be the greatest action RPG ever... what Fable was suppose to be.

Oh, I thought you were comparing Fable to The Elder Scrolls. Fable is pretty good, don't get me wrong, but The Elder Scrolls was a game that was sort of revoloutional.

Oh ok. Yeah to me the Elder of Scrolls series is one of the best action RPG/Adventure series ever. I am guessing that Oblivion will be the best in the series and maybe the best action RPG ever period.

[quote name='momadaboo']Oh ok. Yeah to me the Elder of Scrolls series is one of the best action RPG/Adventure series ever. I am guessing that Oblivion will be the best in the series and maybe the best action RPG ever period.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I totally agree with you.

Well its looking like Oblivion could be one of the greatest games ever. So far ever hands on preview I've read has said that it is mind blowing...

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Be on the lookout for a "special DVD preview" coming soon as a preorder bonus.
I can't wait for November.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually watching this DVD right now, I don't know if it's supposed to be out or what, but my brother brought it back with him from the vegas convention, and.. wooooooow... 50 hours of spoken dialog, forests generated in real time, ability to even mix mushrooms from the forest with deer meat.. unreal..

[quote name='Scorch']I'm actually watching this DVD right now, I don't know if it's supposed to be out or what, but my brother brought it back with him from the vegas convention, and.. wooooooow... 50 hours of spoken dialog, forests generated in real time, ability to even mix mushrooms from the forest with deer meat.. unreal..[/QUOTE]

is there any other way to get a hold of the dvd?

[quote name='Technique']is there any other way to get a hold of the dvd?[/QUOTE]

Uhhh I ripped it before he left, but i'm not going to post it..

[quote name='jam3582']hands on demo is up at gametrailers.com this game looks fantastic

demo 1
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=7907&type=mov

demo 2
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=7906&type=mov

demo 3
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=7905&type=mov

demo 4
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=7904&type=mov

demo 5
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=7903&type=mov[/QUOTE]

Yea I just watched these this morning and the game looks truely hot. Can't wait to get it on launch if it is still a launch title.

[quote name='Technique']Apparently it is! They just announced the launch titles for the Xbox 360 today.[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about that list that Microsoft released, the only games that were 'launch' titles (meaning anywhere between launch and Xmas) were Kameo, PGR3 and PDZ. The other titles were just listed as upcoming (or newly announced) games.

We will have to wait and see what 3rd party games will be arriving at launch.

[quote name='flashburn']If you are talking about that list that Microsoft released, the only games that were 'launch' titles (meaning anywhere between launch and Xmas) were Kameo, PGR3 and PDZ. The other titles were just listed as upcoming (or newly announced) games.

We will have to wait and see what 3rd party games will be arriving at launch.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think your right. Though, I read in my OXM that it they were 99% it would be.

They semi announced the launch titles. Got this from 360updates.com. Elder Scrolls 4 will be a launch title. Now i'm for sure happy and hyped for the 360.

"The mystery of which titles Xbox 360 games will launch day-and-date with the system, and which will be part of the "launch window" has been resolved a little further, as a new Reuter report has illuminated the plans of many third-party developers for the North American system launch, concretely scheduled for November 22 in North America.

Take-Two Interactive, best known for the Grand Theft Auto series and its 2K sports line purchased from Sega last year, will be releasing NBA 2K6, NHL 2K6, Top Spin 2, Amped 3, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion at launch. The company is tied for most launch titles with Electronic Arts, which will debut with Xbox 360 versions of Need for Speed Most Wanted, FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup, NBA Live 06, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06, and Madden NFL 06.

Activision, by contrast, will have only four games, but in a more diverse selection of genres than the other publishers' sports-heavy lineups. Its same-day offerings will be Call of Duty 2, Quake 4, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, and Gun.

Microsoft has said that the system will be joined on launch day by 15-20 games; the 14 listed above alongside promised first-party titles Kameo: Elements of Power and Perfect Dark Zero, both from Rare Studios, make 16. Microsoft is also intending to contribute Bizarre Creations' Project Gotham Racing 3 for a total of 17 launch games."

[quote name='pimpinc333']They semi announced the launch titles. Got this from 360updates.com. Elder Scrolls 4 will be a launch title. Now i'm for sure happy and hyped for the 360.

"The mystery of which titles Xbox 360 games will launch day-and-date with the system, and which will be part of the "launch window" has been resolved a little further, as a new Reuter report has illuminated the plans of many third-party developers for the North American system launch, concretely scheduled for November 22 in North America.

Take-Two Interactive, best known for the Grand Theft Auto series and its 2K sports line purchased from Sega last year, will be releasing NBA 2K6, NHL 2K6, Top Spin 2, Amped 3, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion at launch. The company is tied for most launch titles with Electronic Arts, which will debut with Xbox 360 versions of Need for Speed Most Wanted, FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup, NBA Live 06, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06, and Madden NFL 06.

Activision, by contrast, will have only four games, but in a more diverse selection of genres than the other publishers' sports-heavy lineups. Its same-day offerings will be Call of Duty 2, Quake 4, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, and Gun.

Microsoft has said that the system will be joined on launch day by 15-20 games; the 14 listed above alongside promised first-party titles Kameo: Elements of Power and Perfect Dark Zero, both from Rare Studios, make 16. Microsoft is also intending to contribute Bizarre Creations' Project Gotham Racing 3 for a total of 17 launch games."[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw this too. I made a thread about it - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69564

Looks like Oblivion is no longer a day one launch title. Both Ebgames and Gamestop show a 12/05 release date for the Xbox360 and PC versions. Bah!

OH well...I can wait too. I'm not a big RPG player....but I have this ordered already. I think I'll have enough launch games to keep me occupied

Quake4
Madden 06
The Outfit
CAll of Duty 2
all paid :)

this doesn't mean it won't. Beth has said they were aiming for launch on October 5th or something and said that there was a big chance.

[quote name='jam3582']damn now what game should I be gettin at launch lol[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem now. I have it narrowed down between CoD2, Madden, Kameo or PDZ. I am only going to buy one. :whistle2:k I will wait to buy Elder Scrolls untill after Xmas now.

I appreciate your enthusiam for Kameo, but you must understand that this game is part of a genre of its own, it's kind of like saying dont buy Burnout 3, buy Halo.

This game is going to be great, and so is Kameo, but you can't say which is better without having a biased opinion on which genre is better

I just watched the 6-part preview video from IGN last night, and I'm not really a fan of PC/American RPG's but this looks quite hot. Good to hear it's getting the extra development time it needs.

Well, the delay just set back my need for the 360 a couple of months. Now I can pay for something important like my car :)

[quote name='Skycaptain99']I appreciate your enthusiam for Kameo, but you must understand that this game is part of a genre of its own, it's kind of like saying dont buy Burnout 3, buy Halo.

This game is going to be great, and so is Kameo, but you can't say which is better without having a biased opinion on which genre is better[/QUOTE]

i was referring my "get kameo" to the post above me....

I was actually pretty surprised to hear it would be pushed into march... January I can understand but march? Wow... Oh well at least they are taking their time to make it good.

I can only imagine what crap this game would have been on launch day had bethesda not called for the delay

[quote name='The Dord']Odd.. why does obilivion show up on Meijer's ad for this week?

Link[/QUOTE]
Its a secret release, the games really done. They only want Meijers shoppers to have it.

I have never heard of Meijers before

bread's done
Back