Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (GOTY) $15.77 AC @goHastings

damn it... I really can't afford to spend anything on games this week, but I really want to pick this up. Why do I come to this site when I'm broke???

*plop*

Anyone else have horrible experiences with GoHastings? :lol:

Now hear me out first...

Recently bought a copy of Metroid Prime 3. Thing said the order couldn't go through because my address doesn't match the one on my credit card (WTF?), yet they still charged me instantly, didn't send me an email confirmation, my account says I have made no recent orders, and my favorite: customer support doesn't even respond to my emails! :lol:

Just a thing to bear in mind. So far my experiences with them have been frigg'n terrible.

Good price for Oblivion GOTY anyway. It's still $29.99 on Amazon. Hopefully whoever buys it actually ends up getting it...

[quote name='yarkitty123']*plop*

Now hear me out first...

Recently bought a copy of Metroid Prime 3. Thing said the order couldn't go through because my address doesn't match the one on my credit card (WTF?), yet they still charged me instantly, didn't send me an email confirmation, my account says I have made no recent orders, and my favorite: customer support doesn't even respond to my emails! :lol:

Just a thing to bear in mind. So far my experiences with them was been frigg'n terrible.

Good price for Oblivion GOTY anyway. It's still $29.99 on Amazon. Hopefully whoever buys it actually ends up getting it...[/QUOTE]
I've ordered a lot of stuff from goHastings over the past couple of months and never once had a problem with them. I believe I also used a different address for shipping for one order.

[quote name='TerpsJunkie']I've ordered a lot of stuff from goHastings over the past couple of months and never once had a problem with them. I believe I also used a different address for shipping for one order.[/QUOTE]

Did they instantly send you an email/order confirmation, though?

[quote name='yarkitty123']*plop*

Now hear me out first...

Just a thing to bear in mind. So far my experiences with them was been frigg'n terrible.

Good price for Oblivion GOTY anyway. It's still $29.99 on Amazon. Hopefully whoever buys it actually ends up getting it...[/QUOTE]

That sucks... I've had pretty awesome experiences with goHastings.

I've never been charged up front, always when the last item in the order is marked as shipped.

As for the e-mail customer service, yeah it blows. Have sent an e-mail and not gotten a response for a week so I'd just call in. Then 2 weeks later I end up getting a response. Their phone customer service is pretty stellar, highly recommend just calling if you decide to use them again and come across an issue.

They honored a glitched B2G1 that was triggering as a B1G1 for me in the past, so don't see why they'd not honor a game for 15.77

Forget E-mail, call them if you have any problems/issues. They happily right their wrongs almost as quickly as Amazon (and they're not outsourced).

(877)-HASTINGS (427-8464)

I had a problem with them guys. They sold me an online purchase as a "new" game, but it arrived opened (like Game Stop) and it had a scratch on it. I never bothered to deal with the hassle of complaining, returning or ever buying from them again. Game over in my book. That is just my personal experience rant.

The GOTY edition it has a MAJOR flaw that was never fixed. Once you turn into a vampire in the game. The game glitches and doesn't apply the cure correctly.

Is this game more enjoyable than Fallout 3? With all respects to Fallout 3, it's a good game and all but exploring the empty wasteland gets really boring at times, especially traveling on foot.

[quote name='bohunk']I had a problem with them guys. They sold me an online purchase as a "new" game, but it arrived opened (like Game Stop) and it had a scratch on it. I never bothered to deal with the hassle of complaining, returning or ever buying from them again. Game over in my book. That is just my personal experience rant.[/QUOTE]

OMG, a scratch NOOOOO!!!! :lol: :roll:

Just yanking your chain.

The two screw ups they've done for me in the past have both been in my favor. I ordered Super Paper Mario and they sent me New Super Mario Bros. instead, so I paid $22 for a $45 game. And I ordered a USED copy of Klonoa for my nephew for $12 and they sent me a new shrink wrapped copy instead.

And when I had to send something (Eye of Judgement, sans PS Eye) back it was hassle free and super easy to take care of, if I could get more 10-20% off codes I'd buy from them more to offset shipping, but they are pretty awesome in my book, stuff comes fast, and if there is an issue they'll fix it fast or even give you stuff better than what you ordered (except in your case being an exception) and I've read they sometimes just let you keep something if they screw up and refund you to boot, in rare instances, can't beat that.

[quote name='yarkitty123']

...and my favorite: customer support doesn't even respond to my emails! :lol:

[/QUOTE]

I've never waited more than 24 hours for a response from them once, (also assuming this was M-F and not weekends either)

[quote name='Be3fJerky']Is this game more enjoyable than Fallout 3? With all respects to Fallout 3, it's a good game and all but exploring the empty wasteland gets really boring at times, especially traveling on foot.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Oblivion is better. It's probably the best game on the console, and has the best soundtrack of any game IMO. I hear what you're sayin' with Fallout. It's great fun and very deep, but it's hard to fall in love with such an empty, ugly scorched wasteland. Cyrodil is idyllic and beautiful, you'll want to spend hours there. Get Oblivion, and don't even start the main quest until you see all the cities and rise in the ranks of the various guilds.

***EDIT***
When I say it's the best on the console, I thought it was 360. I don't have a PS3, so I can't say. It's a great game either way.

bread's done
Back