Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim $39.99 at Amazon DOTD

I get sales are sometimes platform specific, but seems weird to not include the PC version in this, especially since the game is the same MSRP on all platforms. Probably will be on sale on Steam again sometime soon though.

[quote name='jubeininja69']waiting for goty.[/QUOTE]

There may never be a GOTY for this one. DLC is far away and you'll be waiting till 2013 if it ever is released. I sugest you buy this game.

If this was pc I may have picked it up. Iv played this game with mods and it makes it 10 times better.
gdd.jpg

[quote name='abhinav']There may never be a GOTY for this one. DLC is far away and you'll be waiting till 2013 if it ever is released. I sugest you buy this game.[/QUOTE]
There will probably be a GoTY, both morrowind and oblivion got one, and I believe both the fallouts finally did, but we are looking at Christmas 2013 which is too far away if you ask me.

This was already marked down to $39.99 regular price at Walmart a little bit ago. Also just got an email this morning that it's $39.99 at Buy.com too.

[quote name='Motoki']This was already marked down to $39.99 regular price at Walmart a little bit ago. Also just got an email this morning that it's $39.99 at Buy.com too.[/QUOTE]

I have been itching to bite on this, but I had a feeling that this was the new MSRP (or soon to be new MSRP). Come back, Amazon c.2010. give us an actual DotD.

I've also got the feeling that this will be the new MSRP soon, and that they are trying to get a boost in sales before the price drop. I'm tempted, but I'm going to wait for $29.99.

[quote name='BNoyes']I've also got the feeling that this will be the new MSRP soon, and that they are trying to get a boost in sales before the price drop. I'm tempted, but I'm going to wait for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Amazon seems to be pulling some shenanigans with some of their DOTDs lately, like having Star Wars: The Old Republic for $40 on DOTD and then selling it for $26 the next day. :p

I want this, but there still seems to be a plethora of problems with the PS3 version. Plus i'm not really sure if i'll be able to get into it or not, as i couldn't get into Oblivion, but i love the Fallout series.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']I want this, but there still seems to be a plethora of problems with the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

I thought the latest patch helped with this?

[quote name='Slermy']I thought the latest patch helped with this?[/QUOTE]

It helped a lot, it seems to be on par with the other versions now.

[quote name='Slermy']I thought the latest patch helped with this?[/QUOTE]

Yup, helps but does not eliminate all issues. Xbox version is still better (PC best).

[quote name='pstriple']I get sales are sometimes platform specific, but seems weird to not include the PC version in this, especially since the game is the same MSRP on all platforms. Probably will be on sale on Steam again sometime soon though.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's that weird. From what I've seen, for PC game sales on Amazon, it's usually for the PC Download version. Skyrim doesn't have that on Amazon for whatever reason.

This has been on my list since launch, but I've been undecided mainly about the bugs and how long they took to supposedly fix them. It seems that Bethesda is known for releasing games with such bugs.

Was probably going to buy but after reading some comments I guess that if I've waited this long I can probably wait a couple more months for a better sale.

How much better is the PC version over the 360 graphically?

I'm playing kingdoms of amalur right now. The graphics on the 360 are bland and muddy, yet on the PC, the game is gorgeous. Can I expect that much difference in quality playing at 1920x1080?

This is most definitely going to be the new MSRP ($39.99). I can tell this because

A) Walmart is selling it for $39.96 and they almost NEVER have sales

B) Amazon isn't restricting quantities... if they were losing money on this or didn't expect the price to drop soon they would do their typical allotment of 3 per customer

I'm surprised how quickly Skyrim dropped in price. This thing has huge replay value and finishing it once should take a ton of time. Very cheap price and great value, I very much recommend it.

Uh you guys wanting it for $39.99 on the PC there's Walmart, Best Buy, and Frys. If you absolutely must have it from Amazon you could try to get them to price match.

Sure enough, it is still $39.99 today. Amazon's DotD's aren't ever really "deals" anymore. They're basically just an indicator that a game is about to get a price drop down to the "deal of the day" price.

[quote name='BNoyes']Sure enough, it is still $39.99 today. Amazon's DotD's aren't ever really "deals" anymore. They're basically just an indicator that a game is about to get a price drop down to the "deal of the day" price.[/QUOTE]

It could still be a match of the BB weekly ad, but I tend to agree. This looks like a new MSRP.

While I think full price for this game would be worth it(not for me though) and I have credit to cover it, I'm going to have to wait. Too many games to play and I have no problem waiting. For anyone not like me, I see no reason why you shouldn't get it at this price. So basically this post is redundant

As someone who bought this at launch, the most I would pay for the PS3 version is $10. Yes, it was that bad for me, even after the latest patches. It boggles the mind how they could have released it in this state.

bread's done
Back