Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (standard, Xbox) $54.54 on Amazon

nice! It auto applied to my order (I think...) with my gift card balance, it confuses me how this works (when the price is cheaper but I used my gift balance to pay it off) I don't think I "gained" $5 in my balance yet..

So I pre-ordered this back when the price was 54.54 to lock it in. Now its 59.99, but they are offering $10 credit for pre-ordering. My question is, will I get the $10 credit even though they werent offering the credit when I pre ordered. Obviously $10 is better than $5.46, so I would cancel and reorder if i dont get both.

I looked at the fine print and it says this;

If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect or during any preceding pre-order period, if applicable, the promotional credit will not apply.

The way I read that, it sounds like I would qualify for credit since I purchased it during the preceding pre-order period.

Just wondering has anyone run into this situation before? If so, did you get the credit?

Thanks!

[quote name='Punisher138']So I pre-ordered this back when the price was 54.54 to lock it in. Now its 59.99, but they are offering $10 credit for pre-ordering. My question is, will I get the $10 credit even though they werent offering the credit when I pre ordered. Obviously $10 is better than $5.46, so I would cancel and reorder if i dont get both.

I looked at the fine print and it says this;

If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect or during any preceding pre-order period, if applicable, the promotional credit will not apply.

The way I read that, it sounds like I would qualify for credit since I purchased it during the preceding pre-order period.

Just wondering has anyone run into this situation before? If so, did you get the credit?

Thanks![/QUOTE]I've received promos before when I had pre-ordered a game before they added it to the listing. I wouldnt worry to much and if by chance you dont get it, contact CS I'm sure they'll make everything right.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']nice! It auto applied to my order (I think...) with my gift card balance, it confuses me how this works (when the price is cheaper but I used my gift balance to pay it off) I don't think I "gained" $5 in my balance yet..[/QUOTE]
The "extra" gift credit will go back into your balance once it ships.

[quote name='CyReN']Oh you assclown for bumping this, this should be posted in the Amazon thread about their credit.

Got my hopes up..[/QUOTE]

Seconded.

lol ya i was all. hey good deal then i noticed the date.

Question about the $10 back though.. I've never done that through amazon. Basically if i pre-order now, i just get a 10 dollar credit in my amazon account when the game ships, right? Simple as that? I was debating between this and the special edition, but i cant justify $150 for a statue i dont care about. I do want the artbook and map but it looks like you get the map if you pre order the regular edition too

jIf i do in fact get $10 credit twords my next purchase AND a cloth map with this, then this will be the version i get. I'll just eyeball the Collector edition if it drops in price (probably will)

[quote name='Mad dog']Can't wait until about 11/22/11 when it's being sold used for $35![/QUOTE]
Sike. 11 days after even though its Black Friday, Skyrim will not be on sale for $35. Good luck finding it at that price. Games like Rage will be on sale for even cheaper but definitely not Skyrim.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mad dog']Can't wait until about 11/22/11 when it's being sold used for $35![/QUOTE]

That's some cute trolling. Here's have a goat.

Thanks for the heads up on the gift card pre-order, Amazon pm'ed the PS3 for me so looking at essentially a $46 total with the release day shipping, can't beat that!

[quote name='ChosenOne1']Sike. 11 days after even though its Black Friday, Skyrim will not be on sale for $35. Good luck finding it at that price. Games like Rage will be on sale for even cheaper but definitely not Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

Let's come back to this one in a few months.

[quote name='Punisher138']also giving those people that did jump on it a heads up about the $10 credit[/QUOTE]

You posted in the right place. The whiners will get over it.

bread's done
Back