Electronic Engineering

SonicJ

CAGiversary!
Hey guys. To be blunt and to the point, I would like to dip my hands in the Electronic Engineering field. Over the years I have looked at many great home brew projects for modifying hardware, but I have always veered away because I have little knowledge about voltages, resistors, capacitors, etc. What I know isn't good enough for me to take on any project really.

For the sake of example, something like this :
http://www.instructables.com/id/Sega-Dreamcast-VGA-Mod/step6/Lets-go-over-the-circuit/

I am fascinated by this, but have no idea where to start! Would you guys have any general ideas or tips?

Edit: Hm.. maybe not to be well versed in the subject, but enough to tackle home projects like the one above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you considered following around an independent contractor? Might sound a bit creepy on the surface...but I find that to be the best way to learn about stuff in my field.

I get in contact with someone and just follow them around, picking their brain about stuff. Of course if they allowed you to shadow them, they're fine with that. And of course...this is free stuff....so obviously you're not getting paid.

For insurance purposes though, I don't think you'd be able to actually DO anything though. But you could watch them in action and get explanations on how stuff works and boom! Your basic stuff will be a breeze.

The official word for all of this...."apprentice"

A friend told me about that, he called it ghosting or something to that effect. I've considered it, but not for this field, more so programing.

bread's done
Back