Electroplankton???

ryanmassacre

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was just wondering what everyone thinks about this game I recently just bought it at an ebgames used with the 25% off and it came to $44.99 do you guys and gals think its worth this much money??? To play and just to have to say that you have it thanks

It's infinitely charming and very unique.

That said, you can do all there is to do in less than an hour, easily. And sadly, Nintendo could have used the game as a chance to really step up the replay value by allowing you to save your generated music, and then perhaps gone even further by allowing you to share it with others.

As it stands - which is little more than an interactive proof of concept - Electroplankton is very neat. But given the sheer shallowness of it, most people will not be happy with it if they paid a large sum.

Me? I personally love it. It's soothing and I love to take it out occasionally and set it to audience mode. But I'm strange and wear the human pants.

I was stupid and sold my original copy that I found soon after it came out for only $35...boy did I regret that. Is it really worth the price? Perhaps not but there's really no other game like it and I'd die to have it back in my collection again. Lesson learned: hold on to ALL exclusive short-print Nintendo games. Remember that kids.

This game is awesome, though getting it for $45 used and with 25% off (freaking $60!) is a little much. The actual game itself isn't worth that price (I still play it every now and then, but there just isn't that much to do, but I guess if you're into collecting rare DS games and such it might be.

If it's complete, you can make a profit by selling it on eBay if you don't like it. I bought it when it came out and rather enjoy it.

Edit: Looks like you could even make a profit if it's cart only. One just ended cart only for $60.

Value has probably spiked even more now that Play-Asia is out of the Japanese version. Personally, I have owned 2 copies of this and sold each at a profit. I'd like to get another, but I'll probably do the same thing I have done the last two times - never play it then sell for a profit.

You bought it used and you are asking us if it was worth it? Why not play it and find out - it's not like there's the question of if you should break the seal. Whether or not it's worth that price is entirely up to you. Having said that, you can't really go wrong. You can play it for a while and then if you are tired of it you can sell it and probably make a small profit. So... congratulations on the find. I wish I'd been able to find this game used at GS during the 25% coupon week. I've never seen it.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Glad I kept a sealed copy. I want to break it open and play it, but I guess I better just get one from a second hand store that isn't dirty.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I still have sealed copy. It cost me $30 while back :(

anyone either have electroplankton that they are willing to trade/sell to me or know of a specific place that sells it? I cant find it for anything less than like 90 bucks on ebay but really want it.

I'm thankful I got mine straight from Nintendo for $35-40ish or so when they had it available from their webstore.

For anyone who wants to "save" their music you can simply hook the headphone port from your DS to your line in on your PC using an 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable. Then just use an program such as Audacity to record what you are playing.

Sitting on my copy. I actually found an extra manual in mint shape for it. I dont even have my copy out with my other games, its tucked away for the future. I think this will be worth a considerable amount later on.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I'm thankful I got mine straight from Nintendo for $35-40ish or so when they had it available from their webstore.

For anyone who wants to "save" their music you can simply hook the headphone port from your DS to your line in on your PC using an 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable. Then just use an program such as Audacity to record what you are playing.[/quote]Well, most people would want to save their actual electroplankton configuration, not just the audio itself, so they can go back and further adjust it.

bread's done
Back