Elite Beat Agents (New, $3.26) Microcenter

elyfant422

CAGiversary!
The Microcenter in Chicago has Elite Beat Agents new for $3.26. Not sure about other locations. There were at least 7 left when I had gone. It is an old game, but a great one if you don't have it.

I don't wanna be *that guy*, but this is really not the place to post this and at the very least the thread title needs to include "YMMV". Thanks for the tip, OP.

[quote name='Temidien']I don't wanna be *that guy*, but this is really not the place to post this and at the very least the thread title needs to include "YMMV". Thanks for the tip, OP.[/QUOTE]
Um the website itself confirms the $3.26 price and the website shows availability. Whats your beef?

must not live near a MicroCenter..this really can't be in the regional thread b/c it looks they are peppered thru out the states..looks like everyone in here purchased it or now intends to from there..

[quote name='elyfant422']The Microcenter in Chicago has Elite Beat Agents new for $3.26. Not sure about other locations. There were at least 7 left when I had gone. It is an old game, but a great one if you don't have it.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks OP! Never bit on this one when I saw it for $10 but definitely can't pass it up for that price.

The website lists it as $3.26 also, so this doesn't seem to be YMMV. Still says 10 left in the Chicago store - not sure how accurate that is.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0313646

just got back from picking up my game. Funny, they had a one-sheet ad saying you'd get the game free w/ a purchase of a DS or something like that..

while I was there I checked out the used games section and found a near mint Fatal Frame 3 for the PS2 for only $13.82! I was really excited and grabbed it. Their used games a shrink wrapped w/ the game in the case so there is no way to check condition. I asked the lady what the return policy was for used games, she gave me the standard answer for new games (exchange for same copy) I said well if its used and the last one then what..she said they would just give me my money back. I'm interested to know what the real policy is..

[quote name='Temidien']I don't wanna be *that guy*, but this is really not the place to post this and at the very least the thread title needs to include "YMMV". Thanks for the tip, OP.[/QUOTE]

The entire point of this site is to post/communicate deals like this. Without trying to be "that guy" you actually sound worse than "that guy". Not sure where you think something like this should be posted.

[quote name='lhfan04']Um the website itself confirms the $3.26 price and the website shows availability. Whats your beef?[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize it was the new national price (OP should have mentioned this when posting). To my credit, I did thank him for posting the deal and didn't say anything belittling/negative, so I'm not sure how my comment was "douchy"...

The "that guy" comment had quite a bit of douche in it. That wasn't really necessary. Though the YMMV should be added for those that wish to do in-store pickup, as MC only operates in several states.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']The "that guy" comment had quite a bit of douche in it. That wasn't really necessary. Though the YMMV should be added for those that wish to do in-store pickup, as MC only operates in several states.[/QUOTE]

No it doesnt need to be added because people with common sense will know if they have an MC store near them. If not, then they are prob not likely to go there.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']The "that guy" comment had quite a bit of douche in it. That wasn't really necessary. Though the YMMV should be added for those that wish to do in-store pickup, as MC only operates in several states.[/QUOTE]I would argue YMMV doesn't apply. The item will either be available or it won't be but the price will be the same. If you use this argument, *ANY* deal would be YMMV since they could be sold out at any time.

Also, you can order it directly from the website: http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0313646 but you'll be stuck paying $6 in shipping.

Long story short, not "regional" since it applies to every region where Microcenter operates, which is all over the US and not YMMV since your mileage won't vary any more than any other deal.

Great post OP.

I have mixed feelings about this game. I want to like it, however I am not sure if rhythm games like this or "Osu!" are something that would grip me as a fun mini-game type romp. This may be a silly question to ask a group of people who most likely do like the game, but do ye figure that it is worth a chance?

Sadly even if so, it looks like there are no Micro Centers in the state I live within, so... Elite Beat Agents Mega 64 time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXZGzhsS-5I

[quote name='Arakias'].[/QUOTE]

How many did you end up with? Let me know how your Amazon sales go. I'm interested in selling the ones I picked up at my MC but it seems like you wouldn't be making a major profit with what you've listed them as.

[quote name='VintageTurtle']I have mixed feelings about this game. I want to like it, however I am not sure if rhythm games like this or "Osu!" are something that would grip me as a fun mini-game type romp. This may be a silly question to ask a group of people who most likely do like the game, but do ye figure that it is worth a chance?

Sadly even if so, it looks like there are no Micro Centers in the state I live within, so... Elite Beat Agents Mega 64 time!

[/QUOTE]

I like it, I probably played it more on my DS than any other game...I usually hate music games to :D

I don't have a Microcenter near me, but I just got this game yesterday used at Gamestop for 6 bucks. I concur, if you skip on this game at this price, and you have a DS, you are no longer a CAG. Fantastic game for this cheap!

[quote name='VintageTurtle']I have mixed feelings about this game. I want to like it, however I am not sure if rhythm games like this or "Osu!" are something that would grip me as a fun mini-game type romp. This may be a silly question to ask a group of people who most likely do like the game, but do ye figure that it is worth a chance?[/QUOTE]

This is my favorite game on the DS. It's one of my favorite games of all time. Playing it is pure enjoyment. Go to your local Gamestop and grab a used one. You'll be shocked at how much fun it is.

I just picked up a couple of these from the Microcenter in Chicago on Elston. Still 6-8 of them left. I also picked up a used copy of Space Invaders Extreme for $6. Nothing else was such a good deal there - a few games seemed to be marked down but the prices weren't anything super special (Fable II on 360 for $11, Blue Dragon for $10, Halo Wars LE for $25).

Thanks again for the tip, OP.

Don't forget you get Club Nintendo points for this to...which makes it worth buying even if you don't like the game :p

bread's done
Back