Emerson 19" Widescreen LCD HDtv on Amazon for $9.32(sold by third party)(DEAD)

It's being sold by a site named cosmeticmall.com. However, they're charging $28.33 in shipping.:cry:

I came across this listing while looking for an LCD monitor to replace the one I just bought in February from Target to play my PS3 on. Unfortunately, it was someone's return and it started acting weird this past week(getting blocks of dead pixels while playing a game), so I'm once again in the market for an HD display to play my PS3 on that isn't over $150.

So this might fit the bill, though I doubt it'll ship.

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Emerson-Wides...f=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=pc&qid=1270925814&sr=1-10

Good luck to all.

EDIT: DEAD deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe they got the wrong picture for a beauty product with a 19 inch tv lmao good luck every one

Went to their website. Cosmeticmall.com They have a bunch of tvs on there. I couldn't find this model though. I just hope if it doesn't work they just cancel it, instead of sending us the wrong item.

[quote name='jjoplinfan']I bought one. Did anyone take note of the sellers name? CosmeticMall? I really think this is a mistake but it'll be a good deal if it actually arrives.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was weird too, but I checked there profile first. Check it out. It says -
**NEW** Jewelry, Sensuality, Housewares, Nutritional, Natural Products, Pharmacy, Pets, Electronics, Sporting Goods.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller/at-a-glance.html?ie=UTF8&seller=A1GZ11YP7MKSC3

[quote name='bredbu']i got one if it sucks ill just sell it on craigs list for 50 bucks[/QUOTE]

Im gonna do the same. People buy anything off of craigslist.

so you think this person was just fishing for our credit card info? like maybe he hijacked this stores account.? im having second thoughts

[quote name='bredbu']so you think this person was just fishing for our credit card info? like maybe he hijacked this stores account.? im having second thoughts[/QUOTE]

I've sold on amazon marketplace, they won't get your cc, only amazon will. And from experience, amazon will side with the buyer 9/10%. Sometimes to the point of completely ignoring the seller.

[quote name='plft']I've sold on amazon marketplace, they won't get your cc, only amazon will. And from experience, amazon will side with the buyer 9/10%. Sometimes to the point of completely ignoring the seller.[/QUOTE]
Nine-tenths of a percent is really low :D

[quote name='YodaEXE']Nine-tenths of a percent is really low :D[/QUOTE]
Vodka changes percentages a lot. But they sided with the buyer and forced my seller account into suicide.

[quote name='mission42']The link now brings up the television with a description for an LED flashlight...[/QUOTE]

Well, they'll be in for a fight if they try to send us flashlights that cost $28 to ship. I did the math using the shipping rates listed on the one page for CosmeticMall and it came out to $28 in shipping or so for 19 lbs(listed weight).

So either that's one hell of a flashlight or we may be getting tv's.;)

EDIT: WOW. Those are some expensive flashlights. The weight is listed as 1.6 oz. and the two sellers that have them have them for $274.99.:roll: Yet the picture for the tv is still up there.:lol:

I was going to attempt to order one of these last night when I saw the thread but it just seemed to good to be true. I hope it works out for all who ordered though and if it does I'll kick myself for not ordering as well. I can't imagine that have that huge of a supply to fulfill all of those orders and take that big of a loss as well. Either way, hopefully it works out.

[quote name='BlindPete']they still haven't canceled, finger's crossed.[/QUOTE]

It's also Sunday afternoon. I'd guess they are more likely to cancel orders during normal business hours Monday through Friday.

whoooa. super sketchy website. did anyone actually visit cosmeticmall.com or read reviews? *sigh* be a smart consumer.

anyway, i visited their site, which is under the guise of selling primarily cosmetics (go figure), but they also have an expansive inventory of electronics. i closed the window and received a popup asking me not to leave, and that they wanted to offer me a discount. i had to close two more windows before i could leave. ANY website that pulls that sh*t, has immediately lost my business and should not be trusted.

also, reviews were mixed, but one reviewer stated a common practice was to send incorrect items. even if this deal resurfaces, i suggest a pass.

[quote name='mission42']I was going to attempt to order one of these last night when I saw the thread but it just seemed to good to be true. I hope it works out for all who ordered though and if it does I'll kick myself for not ordering as well. I can't imagine that have that huge of a supply to fulfill all of those orders and take that big of a loss as well. Either way, hopefully it works out.[/QUOTE]

Not to sound selfish, but as long as I get the tv(and not a flashlight or some frickin' lotion that I paid $37 to get:roll:) and it's new in box, I'll be a happy camper. After all, I found the deal.:razz:

Although I admit that I checked the whois info and supposedly the cosmeticmall.com site wasn't registered according to one search and according to another it was up since 1998.

But I guess D-day is tomorrow and we shall see. Though when I was buying stuff from Ebay, I never bought from sellers with less than upper 90's for feedback and this seller has an 87% rating on Amazon. :cry:

[quote name='hand 21']whoooa. super sketchy website. did anyone actually visit cosmeticmall.com or read reviews? *sigh* be a smart consumer.

anyway, i visited their site, which is under the guise of selling primarily cosmetics (go figure), but they also have an expansive inventory of electronics. i closed the window and received a popup asking me not to leave, and that they wanted to offer me a discount. i had to close two more windows before i could leave. ANY website that pulls that sh*t, has immediately lost my business and should not be trusted.

also, reviews were mixed, but one reviewer stated a common practice was to send incorrect items. even if this deal resurfaces, i suggest a pass.[/QUOTE]

You're forgetting one thing.

Despite who the third party is, the fact that the item is being sold through Amazon makes an enormous difference. Amazon provides that extra cushion of security for me to consider it worthwhile to simply place the order.

[quote name='DypaehC']
434362698_ddf671532c.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:lol: How did you manage to attract so many ants around your TV?

My order still stands. Expected date of delivery is this week. Got the invoice #, order #, Amazon order # etc...

Heres hoping!

Mine is also still visible under my current orders and my credit card has been charged, though there's no shipping information. Estimated delivery is April 15th to 20th. It'd be great if this actually works.

[quote name='BlindPete']mine shipped! ha![/QUOTE]

Hm, any details? How do you know? Were you given a tracking number?

I sure hope you don't receive an LED flashlight. ;)

there is no tracking number fer the orders. the shipping estimate date is gone, now it just reads.
Delivery Estimate: April 15, 2010 - April 20, 2010

if anything changes I'll post.

[quote name='BlindPete']there is no tracking number fer the orders. the shipping estimate date is gone, now it just reads.
Delivery Estimate: April 15, 2010 - April 20, 2010

if anything changes I'll post.[/QUOTE]

Er, I think mine's always read Delivery Estimate. I'm not sure that's indication of anything actually having shipped.

The deliver estimate is the only thing showing on your orders summary. If you go into the order details, it should have the shipping estimate there too.

my order just got cancelled and this was the email that they sent me:
This email is to confirm a change to order # 987906.

You will not be charged for any products that are removed from your order, since we do not finalize credit card charges until after we confirm that the entire order and all products have been shipped.

Qty / Reason / Description / Price / Amount
0 / CosMall / Steren 3' Component Video Cable / $7.55 / $0.00

Amazon just sent me an email saying my order was canceled. Maybe you guys will have better luck, but it looks like they aren't going to honor it. Also, CosmeticMall sent me an invoice that states:

Dear Countdwn2Static,
This email is to confirm a change to order # 987907.

You will not be charged for any products that are removed from your order, since we do not finalize credit card charges until after we confirm that the entire order and all products have been shipped.

Qty / Reason / Description / Price / Amount

0 / CosMall / Steren 3' Component Video Cable / $7.55 / $0.00

In case you weren’t aware, you can go to
www.cosmeticmall.com/login to :
· Check Order Status

· Order Inquiries

· Reorder Products

CosmeticMall.com The Beauty Superstore - sells over 40,000 products from 500 Brands: Makeup, Fragrance, Skincare, Bath & Body, Hair, Tools, Men and Gifts.

° Free Samples & Gifts w/Purchase:
www.cosmeticmall.com/free
° Gifts For Her, Him, Baby & Teen:
www.cosmeticmall.com/gifts
° Monthly Contest Giveaways:
www.cosmeticmall.com/contest

Sincerely,

[e-mail address removed]

I didn't order the component video cables, so I don't know what they are talking about. I'm assuming they were supposed to be at the price versus the TV but hopefully they won't ship them as I don't need them. In any case, I thought their invoice was odd.

I received the same cancellation email as the previous posters with the component cables added as a 0 quantity. Now I can't find the original order under Amazon and the charge is still pending on my card.

bread's done
Back