Emerson 19" Widescreen LCD HDtv on Amazon for $9.32(sold by third party)(DEAD)

It's being sold by a site named cosmeticmall.com. However, they're charging $28.33 in shipping.:cry:

I came across this listing while looking for an LCD monitor to replace the one I just bought in February from Target to play my PS3 on. Unfortunately, it was someone's return and it started acting weird this past week(getting blocks of dead pixels while playing a game), so I'm once again in the market for an HD display to play my PS3 on that isn't over $150.

So this might fit the bill, though I doubt it'll ship.

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Emerson-Wides...f=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=pc&qid=1270925814&sr=1-10

Good luck to all.

EDIT: DEAD deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone besides me take a screen capture of the Emerson 19" tv in their cart just before finishing their order?

I have it saved on my pc and if they try sending me some bs component cable and charging me $37 for it, they're in for a fight.

I don't think I'll need the screen capture since my order summary email from Amazon contains the TV listed at the correct price.

Just checked mine again. So far, no cancellation, but I don't expect it to ship out now that other orders were cancelled. It's only a matter of time.

To me, as long as they don't ship ANYTHING if they won't honor the tv and just refund any money from pending transactions without trying to 'change the order' like OmegaRicochet said they received notice here in post 98:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7072775&postcount=98

But if they try shipping me some component cables saying 'that's what you ordered' and charge me the price of the tv for them, then I'm gonna report them to Amazon for fraud(cuz no way do component cables weigh 19 fuckin' pounds)and dispute any charges with my bank.

I didn't take a screen capture, but my reciept shows I ordered the TV, with the price with shipping. I have the email archived, just in case. They also charged my credit card for the purchase.

LOL The original page had a description for the tv,the current page has a pic of the tv but description and title for a flashlight and at least one person has received a message saying there was an error with their order and they may now receive a component cable instead of either.

:roll: Lovely Amazon seller. I can see why Amazon and Ebay side with buyers frequently.

I don't plan on receiving anything. Another email came from Amazon stating that my "credit card was not charged for this order" and the quantity of component cables listed on the order modification is 0. Does anyone know the penalty imposed by Amazon on sellers who cancel orders?

[quote name='Strell']Calm down IATCG. We're not going to get cables for $37. Geez.[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope not.;) Or those sob's better be made of gold...or at least silver.

Unfortunately, one cannot properly convey anger or sarcasm on the internet.

I figured we were all in for a big batch of cancellations but it'd be worth a shot, so why not try. I'm not really all that worried bout this 'deal'.

Now the $5 Red Faction Guerrilla promo on the other hand is another story. Six weeks and counting and nothing.:cry::roll::lol:

:cry: My order was cancelled. It said:

Greetings from Amazon.com,

We're writing to inform you that your order xxxx from
CosmeticMall.com
has been canceled.

Your credit card was not charged for this order.

If you're still interested in this item, please search for it again on

Amazon.com.

We've included your order details below for reference.

We value you as a customer and hope you will continue shopping on

Amazon.com.

I hope it ships for some of y'all
:)

Canceled.

When all those orders for artbooks a few weeks ago got canceled, Amazon gave a GC. But I think Amazon was selling those themselves instead of a third party. Anyone think the same could happen here? I'm not betting on it.

Oh well, fun diversion.

Just got the cancel email. So much for having a TV in the bathroom.

But Amazon/Cosmetic Mall still has my funds.

In case anybody wants to contact the seller, you can call 1 (800) 805-5493... Good luck though, I talked to a girl named "Betty" and when I asked her about this TV/Component Cable/Flashlight fiasco, 'Bettie" hung up the phone on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine got cancelled too. Damn it! lol I just got the email like 2-3 min ago. Well they really must've pleaded with Amazon, because I am sure their order cancel ratio went through the roof. Well past the 5% level.

Interesting. My order is canceled now.. but I'm wondering how that's gonna work since I got 30$ back on it by signing up with the Amazon.com Visa. Wonder if that means they'll just have a 30$ credit on the card when I get it. teehee.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']Amazon has charged me for the tv. Has anyone else been charged yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was charged. However, I have also received a cancellation notice. So, I am hoping that the charge is promptly reversed.

Canceled here!! I have my amazon account and i am sure i will get my refund but i haven't checked yet. This would have been nice if it worked out, oh well

[quote name='jlarlee']kinda surprised they didn't toss out a coupon[/QUOTE]
Would you buy anything through cosmeticmall on amazon marketplace again? I sure as hell won't. And they won't give a real coupon as they aren't amazon.

I got charged right away. Then the charge was removed on Monday. Then returned on Tuesday and hasn't been removed. Anyone else still showing a charge for it?

Just a heads up, my order was canceled as well but I just received a package containing Steren 3' Component Video Cables. My card hasn't been charged but I plan to check everyday to make sure.

I also just got a 3 ft component cable set in the mail today. A gesture of apology? Keep an eye on your credit card statements, folks...

LOL I got an email saying 'sorry but we sell a flash light and cable for $7 and not the tv'. I'm gonna keep an eye on my account to make sure they don't try any shenanigans too.

bread's done
Back