Empire total war $10.50 D2D

Does anyone know if you buy it can you download it on a different computer say in a month or so? Buying a new computer thats why I ask but I've been eyeing this game for a long time

I have used D2D on 2 different computers and it has worked.

Also, this isn't steam- D2D uses a different sofware system.

Looks like it's also on sale at "Get Games", which is a new site I haven't tried but is from the same people who started Eurogamer and has been mentioned as legit by Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

I haven't tried Get Games before, so I have no idea if there's any added tax or region restrictions or anything, but it looks like they rounded down instead of up on the 66% off, and so are $0.55 cheaper than D2D. They also have a couple of other Sega games on sale, if you missed the AvP sale on Steam last week.

EDIT: Oh, I guess Napoleon: Total War is also cheaper at Get Games (33% off / $26.63) than Steam's current 10% off sale. That's like a stand-alone expansion for Empire, right?

[quote name='beniah']I have used D2D on 2 different computers and it has worked.

Also, this isn't steam- D2D uses a different sofware system.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Empire: Total War is a Steamworks game -- D2D (or Get Games) will just give you a serial number which you plug into Steam, and it is then as though you purchased the game direct from Steam. In fact, it's necessary to put the number into Steam since that's the only way the game will run.

D2D made a big deal about how they wouldn't carry any more Steamworks games after MW2 (complaining that Steamworks support acts as a Trojan Horse to get people to install the Steam Store client), but Empire came out before all that and D2D still sells it along with a couple of other older Steamworks titles.

[quote name='Tancred']I thought D2D stopped selling Steam games calling it a "trojan software".[/QUOTE]

they just said that about MW2 for some reason :lol:

bread's done
Back