Employee Sale score

eshbums

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
One of the perks of where I work is the annual employee sale.

Throughout the year, the stores send back customer returns, discontinued items et cetera that can't be returned to vendors and they end up at our DC...and the second Saturday of December, they collect all this stuff in one big area and employees can buy the stuff for $1 each ($5 for computers).

So this year, for less than $25, I got the following:

(and yes, before anyone screams hoarder, I did swap a lot of it away in the parking lot after the sale for stuff I needed)

XBox 360 HD DVD player (still sealed)
XBox 360 wireless racing wheel (AC adapter doesn't work, but works fine on batteries)
Xbox 360 wireless controllers x 3
Live camera kits x 2
Chibi Robo Park Patrol x 7
Xbox 360 NCAA Basketball '07 x 2
Xbox 360 Madden '07
Xbox 360 Gears of War
Xbox 360 Lord of the Rings
WoW 60 day card
1GB DDR2 ram
Kodak Easyshare V570 (no battery or AC adapter)

Not too shabby for what I'd pay for one game!

[quote name='Burchamj']thats amazing where do u work?[/quote]

CompUSA most likely.

Sucks they are closing... had fond memories of purchasing all kinds of seasonally hard to get items like WoW during its first holiday season of release.

that is amazing. for less than $25 even.. wow. i thought i had the deal of the year for buying 5 games for $25 at Blockbuster :)

You got an HD-DVD player for $1!? And a Live camera!? Oh man, I need both of those.

$10 shipped for the HD-DVD player? That's 1000% profit! :D

Nice score man and hell I would not be worried about anyone saying hoarder in a situation like that. In those cases the stores wants the stuff gone so they are just as happy as your are to get rid of 7 of one item.

If that type of situation was laid out for me I would of went a little crazy on it also, and most likely did what you did and traded or "swapped" in the parking lot with fellow employee's..

Awesome \\:D/

[quote name='chakan']Do you have plans for all the Chibi-Robos?[/QUOTE]

They all found homes within a couple of hours of leaving there.

I could kick myself after looking them up on eBay though. :)

they sell chibi robo at micro center. no joke. and its pretty funny how it says "Wal-Mart Exclusive" on the cover of the game

[quote name='phear3d']they sell chibi robo at micro center. no joke. and its pretty funny how it says "Wal-Mart Exclusive" on the cover of the game[/QUOTE]

Yup, apparently some snuck through the system that didn't get shipped back to our DC. :)

I saved a few copies from being sent out in the wild.

It's an absolute blast scurrying around inside to see what you can find, but the best part is the bartering afterwards.

I thought for sure the steering wheel was dead when I got it home, but it turned out to just be a bad AC adapter. Once I stuck some batteries in it the thing fired right up. And for $1 invested so far, I think I can spring for a replacement AC.

The HD player was the big score. It was never opened!

bread's done
Back