Encoding DVD's for PSP playback questions...

simplygriff

CAGiversary!
I know there was a guide on here last week sometime but nothing there answered my question.

For those of you who may have tried encoding DVD movies for the PSP, are you encoding each seperate .vob file and then the PSP plays them in order like a music CD? or do you have to reencode to a single huge .vob flie and encode that? I'm just wondering what the best or most frequently used method is.
-G

I took DVD Decryptor, pulled the file as a whole ISO. Then, threw it through Gordian Knot to get an AVI. Finally, use Image Convertor 2 or 3gp converter (recommend the former more so than the latter). 1-2-3.

[quote name='starboyk']Finally, use Image Convertor 2 or 3gp converter (recommend the former more so than the latter). 1-2-3.[/quote]

so what do you convert the .avi into with image converter 2? mpg?

thanks

Thanks for the replys guys. I figured it out. lots of info ton the http;//www.video2psp.com message boards. Oh and I totally forgot to mention I'm on a MAC. Oh well. Hope this thread can help someone else sometime too.
-G

[quote name='starboyk']I took DVD Decryptor, pulled the file as a whole ISO. Then, threw it through Gordian Knot to get an AVI. Finally, use Image Convertor 2 or 3gp converter (recommend the former more so than the latter). 1-2-3.[/quote]

Why do you use Gordian Knot ?

My process is DVD Decrypter to 3GP

I think I see now. Using gordian knot you can split the whole movie how ever you like, if you're using vob files decrypter can give you one for each chapter on the disk and you'd likely have to deal with each one individually.

In a way I like the gordian knot method but it can take a hell of a long time.

3gp is nice, I just like the IC2's ease of use, and even frame rates, without that nasty blarby crap that pops up into a lot of 3gp's movies. Y'know, where someone moves and the whole screen warks out with digital static. I've never had that problem with IC2.

bread's done
Back