End of the generation huge discounts on console DL games?

S0DA POPINSKI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (98%)
Just wondering what Microsoft and Sony are going to do. I'm thinking with all the sales and discounts they already apply to downloadable games / content that we could see huge discounts a little down the road. Once the next gen is in full swing why wouldn't they discount the hell out of current gen stuff and get as many downloads as possible before it's not possible to get any? If I see this trend I may by a new (hopefully $99) 360 with the biggest HDD I can find and load up on games. What do ya'll think?

Not sure about Xbox, but PSN+ will work across all platforms (PS3, PS4, VITA).

I don't see how or why the PSN games that work on PS3 couldn't work on PS4 - so I can't see Sony having any kind of massive discounts outside of their usual PSN+ sales/freebies.

Not sure about Xbox, but PSN+ will work across all platforms (PS3, PS4, VITA).

I don't see how or why the PSN games that work on PS3 couldn't work on PS4 - so I can't see Sony having any kind of massive discounts outside of their usual PSN+ sales/freebies.
They've already said they won't though. You won't be able to play any of your PS3 PSN stuff on your PS4. Flower & Flow are being released for PS4 so if you have those on PS3 they have said they will give them to you on PS4 but that is an exception.

i would like to see some major discounts, but i dont see it happening. theres a bunch of XBLA games i would like but dont want to pay full price for. and dont get me started on all the Mass Effect DLC...

if there is to be some major discount, it wont be anytime soon (i would think) since M$ has said it will support the 360 for a few more years.

bread's done
Back