ENDED - Ebay: Custom Used Onix Black/Polar white DS Lite

supraazn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
So I was bored One day and i had 2 used DS lites.
i decided to make a custom DS using a mix of parts from the onix and polar DS.
It turned out looking pretty cool.
im keeping the other version with the outer white housing, so mine as well sell this one.
it comes with mario 64 DS so you'll have something to play with it at least.

p1010013hd1.jpg

For the Custom DS lite if a Cag wins i will give you a choice off either 50% off shipping (4$) OR i'll throw in a brand new sealed HORI Screen protector for the ds lite.

EBAY LINK
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170145514365&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=007

glad some of you like them.
well yea i got in the habit of buying used broken DSs from EBAY.
swapping parts to create full working ones then reselling them or giving them as gifts.
i dont make much profit if at all but i do it for fun mostly and just to learn how they work and such.
PSPs are even more of a pain to open up compare to the DS.
swapping and fixing DS are alot easier than you would think.

here are 3 different variations i made from the various DSs. i had a couple more of which i have sold already or given away as gifts.

the one on the left with the outer white casing i gave to me brother, the middle one is the one on ebay, and the one on the right with just white buttons is mine.

p1010009ww5.jpg

p1010012ga8.jpg

p1010013ao8.jpg

p1010011qf3.jpg

[quote name='js1']Do you have a guide that shows you how to take apart the DS?[/quote]

ahh actually i never used a guide to open the DS lite.
kinda just winged it.
not saying i did it perfectly tho, first DSlite i opened i accidentally destroyed the touchscreen because i ripped the cable ribbon (its not he same DS up for sale right now, was a different DS)
but after that one mistake i could now take a DS apart easily and perfectly.
As long as i remember to open the clasps on the ribbon holder first now haha.
if you're gonna do it just be careful and if you REALLY need some help i might try to post up some pics w/ instructions. you need a tri-wing screwdriver too.

Also BUMP! 4 hours left for the Fat DS and broken DS lite auction :D

[quote name='supraazn']Bump

5 and a half hours left till the end of the Custom DSlite auction.[/quote]

Ey dude, just curious, are the parts a bit loose, like the outside case, buttons, d-pad, etc..?
Figured since you took apart pieces of the DS, some parts might be a bit loose, so I just wanted to know. My bro saw this and is all over it, so I wanted to find out the details before I threw in a bid :p

nothing is loose at all, i perfectly matched and secure all the parts to where they are suppose to be.
All dslite parts are idenitcal fit reguardless of the color.
the hinge is also perfect. it snaps into the open and fully open position nicely.
it have light scratches from normal wear as expected from a use item.
but none of them are deep like you can't feel them only see them if you look closely at it.
and screens has no major scratches.
you can see small minor ones if you look closely and only if the screen is off.
shoulder buttons are a little yellow but thats the problem i see with almost all the white ds lites i have come across

well bottom line i will fully accept Returns for refund if you are not satisifed (7days).
minus shipping expenses tho.

[quote name='supraazn']nothing is loose at all, i perfectly matched and secure all the parts to where they are suppose to be.
All dslite parts are idenitcal fit reguardless of the color.
the hinge is also perfect. it snaps into the open and fully open position nicely.
it have light scratches from normal wear as expected from a use item.
but none of them are deep like you can't feel them only see them if you look closely at it.
and screens has no major scratches.
you can see small minor ones if you look closely and only if the screen is off.
shoulder buttons are a little yellow but thats the problem i see with almost all the white ds lites i have come across

well bottom line i will fully accept Returns for refund if you are not satisifed (7days).
minus shipping expenses tho.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, since I've done the same thing with my PSP and the D-pad/Buttons are a bit loose, I decided to ask :/

oh and also if you or anyone here wins and want some parts to look different, I can definitely re-swap those parts to your liking before i ship.

yes it does look sweet.I put a bid down but lost at the last second.I've also have mixed different colors as well.I have mixed an ice blue with white and an ice blue with black.

Another CAGer seem to have won tho, sent him it with the discount.

Next im looking into buying the Shock Chrome Shell to place on one of my DSs.
cheapest i can find it online is 40$ shipped.
maybe i'll go through with it later.

[quote name='supraazn']Another CAGer seem to have won tho, sent him it with the discount.

Next im looking into buying the Shock Chrome Shell to place on one of my DSs.
cheapest i can find it online is 40$ shipped.
maybe i'll go through with it later.[/quote]

i really dont recommend the shock cases unless you really have to.........one of the hinges that holds the top screen cracked after 3 months of use

bread's done
Back