ENDING! Play-Asia.com Lucky Summer Sale: 3,000+ bargains + Contest (Win a PS3 & More)

hollowfreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Plus a chance to win fantastic prizes, including PlayStation3™, Nintendo Wii™, NDS™ Lite & lots more.
Lucky Summer Sale Page

top 100 sellers

all discounts by price

Shipping is $3.10 for your average-sized game

Games CAGs are Talking About/Buying
:

Shmups (thanks, crolius!):
Giga Wing Generations :)ps2:whistle2:JPNTaito Best) $21.90 - Non Taito Best Version $29.90
Saikyo Shooting Collection Vol.2: Sengoku Ace and Sengoku Blade :)ps2:whistle2:JPN) $19.90
Homura :)ps2:whistle2:JPN) $39.90
Shooting Love: Trizeal :)ps2:whistle2:JPN) $49.90
Radilgy / Radirgy / Rajirugi -PreciouS- :)ps2:whistle2:JPN) $49.90
Radilgy / Radirgy / Rajirugi -GeneriC- :)gc:whistle2:JPN) $39.90
Gaiares (Mega Drive) $29.90
Under Defeat Limited Edition (Dreamcast-JPN) $59.90
Under Defeat Sega Direct Limited Edition (Dreamcast-JPN) $79.90

Other Games:
Rez :)ps2:whistle2:JPN) $8.90
Tekken 5 :)ps2:whistle2:JPN English) $9.90
Shadow of the Colossus :)ps2:whistle2:JPN English/Japanese/Chinese) $14.90
Grandia 3 :)ps2:whistle2:JPN) $7.90
Tales of Legendia :)ps2:whistle2:JPN) $9.90
Super Robot Taisen: Scamble Commander :)ps2:whistle2:JPN) $9.90
Yu Yu Hakusho Forever :)ps2:whistle2:JPN The Best) $19.90
The King of Fighters '94 Re-bout :)ps2:whistle2:JPN) $29.90
beatmania IIDX 11 RED :)ps2:whistle2:JPN) $49.90
Capcom Fighting Jam :)ps2:whistle2:JPN) $14.90
Rule of Rose :)ps2:whistle2:China) $14.90

DDR: Ultramix :)xbox:whistle2:USA) $9.90

FarCry Instincts Evolution :)xbox:whistle2:JPN English) $9.90
Rumble Roses XX :)360:whistle2:USA) $39.90

Resident Evil 3 ( :gc: USA) $29.90
Homeland :)gc:whistle2:JPN) $29.90
Capcom vs SNK EO :)gc:whistle2:JPN) $19.90
Nintendo Puzzle Collection :)gc:whistle2:JPN) $19.90
Kururin Squash :)gc:whistle2:JPN) $19.90
Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat :)gc:whistle2:JPN) $9.90
Viewtiful Joe :)gc:whistle2:JPN) $9.90

Kuru Kururin Paradise :)gba:) $14.90

Super Gameboy Controller (Super Famicom) $9.90
Super Fire Pro Wrestling (Super Famicom) $9.90

Hori Wireless Controller (Super Famicom) $8.90

Toys & Miscellany $3 and under (ripped from ecrofirt at NeoGAF)
$0.90
Marheaven Collection Figure - $.090
Naruto Swing Keychain Gashapon - $0.90

$0.99
Henna Ikimono Trading Figure - $0.99

$1.90
BioHazard 4 Collection Figure - $1.90
BioHazard 4 Collection Figure Vol.2 - $1.90
Capcom Fighting Jam Figure Collection Ver.1.5 Gashapon - $1.90
Dead or Alive Ultimate Costume Variation Gashapon - $1.90
Famican Gashapon - $1.90
Gainax Heroine Collection Gashapon Part 3 - $1.90
Lupin the 3rd Keychain - Daisuke Jigen - $1.90
Lupin the 3rd Keychain - Fujiko Mine - $1.90
Lupin the 3rd Keychain - Lupin the Third
Lupin the 3rd Keychain - Zenigata - $1.90
Mario Party Collection Candy Toy - $1.90
Naruto Fortune Battle Phone Strap Gashapon - $1.90
Naruto Narukiri Gashapon 3 - $1.90
Naruto Ninja Solution 2 Phone Strap Gashapon - $1.90
Naruto Ninja Stamp Vol.3 Gashapon - $1.90
Onimusha 3 Strap - $1.90
Rozen Maiden ~träumend~ Little Mascot Keychain Figure - $1.90
SR Shining Tears Collection Gashapon - $1.90
Tamagotchi Tablet Candy Case - $1.90

$2.90
Berserk Mini Figure Collection Vol.3: Silat - $2.90
Bleach Soul Mascot Candy Toy - $2.90
Famicom Game Sound Museum Candy Toy Part.2 - $2.90
King of Fighters Gals Collection Gashapon Part 2 - $2.90
Naruto Collection Candy Toy - Day Shade Special - $2.90
Naruto Collection Candy Toy - Konohana Special - $2.90
Naruto Flash Pate Phone Strap - Kakashi - $2.90
Naruto Flash Pate Phone Strap - Naruto - $2.90
Naruto Flash Pate Phone Strap - Shikamaru - $2.90
Sergeant Keroro Character Cell 2 - $2.90
Sergeant Keroro Character Cell 3 - $2.90
Water Game DS Candy Toy - $2.90

Contest Info:

Joining the Lucky Draw is easy. All you need to do is to place an order for any discounted item eligible for the Lucky Draw at Play-Asia.com between July 7th and July 31st. You can recognize those items by the "Lucky Summer Sale" icon located on each individual product page. Every paid order will automatically join the Lucky Draw. The winners of the 50 main prizes will be announced in this news post during the first week of August 2006 and further be notified by e-mail.

Prizes:
  • 1st Prize: PlayStation3™ Console 60GB (Japanese or Asia Version) + 2 PS3™ Games of your choice (*)
  • 2nd Prize: Nintendo Wii™ Console (Japanese Version) + 2 Wii™ Games of your choice (*)
  • 3rd Prize: Nintendo DS™ Lite Console + 2 NDS™ Games of your choice (*)
  • 4th Prize: GP2X Game System (MK2)
  • 5-10th Prize: A store credit voucher worth US$ 50 each, redeemable for any purchase at Play-Asia.com
  • 11-20th Prize: A store credit voucher worth US$ 20 each, redeemable for any purchase at Play-Asia.com
  • 21-50th Prize: A store credit voucher worth US$ 10 each, redeemable for any purchase at Play-Asia.com

so Cheapy are you going to split this with me? =P~

Somebody remind me...You can play Japanese Dreamcast games on a US Dreamcast Console if you have this Boot Disk...? Thanks!

[quote name='animemaniac14']so you need that boot disk pictured above to play Jap games on the US dreamcast?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that's the one. I have it, but I have no JP Dreamcast Games to try it out on. I wanted to double check before I pull the trigger. There's also the more expensive DC-X.

If someone would be so kind as to put a list together of recommended deals (with links), I will add it to the OP (and be grateful).

Thanks!

[quote name='aoLat']Hmm.. Xenosaga 1 & 2 for $19.90 isn't bad.

Edit: Nevermind, it got terrible reviews. :cry:[/quote]

Where did it get terrible reviews. I remember seeing pretty good scores from Famitsu. Also, Rez(JPN) is only $10.

Rez for PS2 (JP) is only 8.90...I'll probably pick that up. Also, I was interested in the jigsaw puzzle game for DS, but haven't heard anything about it. For 15 bucks, it might be a nice diversion...

EDIT: I guess I was a minute too late about Rez...

You don't need that for the Dreamcast - you can download and burn the free Utopia boot CD yourself. Although it seems (I can't believe I'm typing this) some of the very latest batch of Dreamcasts do not read MIL-CD discs... read up on it, or try it, or something?

[quote name='eldad9']You don't need that for the Dreamcast - you can download and burn the free Utopia boot CD yourself. Although it seems (I can't believe I'm typing this) some of the very latest batch of Dreamcasts do not read MIL-CD discs... read up on it, or try it, or something?[/QUOTE]
it really hasnt been proven.

I use the DC-X to play any region of games on the DC. I got it for like 10 bucks at EB when they first started selling them. It works like a charm.

Under Defeat Limited Edition - Dreamcast shmup - $59.90 - $20 savings :hot::hot:

That is HOT, this usually retails for $79.90, and the fact that G-Rev's other DC shmup (Border Down) is going for a good chunk of change, ESPICALLY the LE, I'm placing my order for Under Defeat right now.

It comes with the game + soundtrack, IIRC.

Shipping is $6.10 for the cheapest, because I think it is bigger then your standard size game. Even still, the LE ends up being $10 CHEAPER than the regular edition!

The super limited edition is $79.90 and they throw in a sticker + poster, but I imagine shipping is even more for that so I didn't bother, the extra $20 for a poster I won't put up and a sticker isn't worth it to me.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-x-49-en-15-under+defeat-70-15x1.html

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Drakengard 2 US version is $19.90, so this isn't bad for people that missed the BB sale.

Hell, I'm even considering it.[/QUOTE]

Saw this for $20 new at EB yesterday.

[quote name='Roufuss']Bah... looks like no fighters or shmups are on sale.

Oh well.[/quote]

yeah, those two genres never go on sale. =(

But you can pick up 'Mahjong Party: Swimsuit Beauty' for $4.90! =D

*edit* wow! Theres a game about marathon running...

Hm, Import version of Dance Dance Mario Mix w/dance pad--just $29.90.

I have a Freeloader already, so this is very tempting...

Also, Nintendo Puzzle Collection for $19.90. Anyone know if this is any good?

Capcom vs SNK EO for GCNJ, $19.90. May need to invest in a "fighting" controller for that one, though.

Tales of Legendia for $9.90 for those w/mod chips or import PS2s.

If you can't wait and can read Japanese, there's Children of Mana DS for just $19.90.

And for the tsukebes out there, Finder Love for PSP. You'll probably want one of these to go along with that game.

I have the Nintendo Puzzle collection. Its good, you get Dr. Mario, Yoshi Cookie, something else I forgot, and the best game of all 'Panel de Pon' which we know as Tetris Attack, or Pokemon Puzzle League.

And the game comes with a GBA link cable, and you can load portable versions of the games onto your GBA that stay in memory until you turn the unit off. Every morning I used to load Panel De Pon onto my GBA: SP and take it on the bus with me to work.

Check THIS game out!
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-vz-49-en-70-37e.html
WUZ UP B? PRODUCE: Street Dancer

with games like this im surprised the Wonder Swan didnt succeed.

[quote name='gunm']Hm, Import version of Dance Dance Mario Mix w/dance pad--just $29.90.

I have a Freeloader already, so this is very tempting...

Also, Nintendo Puzzle Collection for $19.90. Anyone know if this is any good?

Tales of Legendia for $9.90 for those w/mod chips or import PS2s.

If you can't wait and can read Japanese, there's Children of Mana DS for just $19.90.

And for the tsukebes out there, Finder Love for PSP. You'll probably want one of these to go along with that game.[/quote]

[quote name='Tybee']Looks awesome. But like Giftpia and Mother 2 & 3, it's just another amazing RPG that I'll probably never get to play because I don't speak the language. :cry:[/quote]

Plus it's oos now.

[quote name='Roufuss']Under Defeat Limited Edition - Dreamcast shmup - $59.90 - $20 savings :hot::hot:[/QUOTE]

Ha, saw that too and jumped on it. As an added plus, I had an unopened packaged from Playasia and remembered there was a coupon code, so 5 bucks off for me!

[quote name='dbz4ever']I am a long time super robot war fan, but I thought you can't play this in PS2 slim I bought in US, can you?[/QUOTE]

Nope, unfortunately.

There were shmups on sale. Gigawing generations, Homura, Trizeal, Radilgy, Sengoku blade/ Sengoku ace, Gaires. Those were all on sale earlier today when I checked the sale.

[quote name='crolius']There were shmups on sale. Gigawing generations, Homura, Trizeal, Radilgy, Sengoku blade/ Sengoku ace, Gaires. Those were all on sale earlier today when I checked the sale.[/QUOTE]

You just made me alot poorer ;)

$21.90 a piece for Giga Wing and Sengoku, I'm there.

Geez, 94 Rebout is also $29.90.

Has anyone played the Stafi games for GBA? Just want to get everything into one order here.

Does anyone know of a way to see a list of all the items on sale?

Awesome! A couple highlights so far:

Kuru Kururin Paradise (GBA) - $14.90
Kururin Squash (GC) - $19.90

Both titles were only released in Japan. They're part of the same series as Kuru Kuru Kururin (which was also released in Europe). They're neat action/puzzle games. Paradise is highly recommended by people I've talked to, moreso than Squash. To steal someone else's description:

"The game puts a bird in a constantly rotating helicopter (about 1 rotation every 2 seconds or so) and they have you move through a maze. Think of it like moving a couch out of an apartment with lots of narrow hallways, but you and your friend are drunk so you're both spinning the couch at a constant angular velocity and ya'll still think it's a good idea to move it."

I'll be getting Paradise. Gonna hold off on Squash since that's more expensive and I'm not as sure if I'd enjoy it.

I have Squash and it's quite fun. The main attraction is four-player split-screen with a few different modes and stages to pick from. This is the best price I've ever seen for it, so keep that in mind.

Nintendo Puzzle Collection is a must-have for import GC players. Like the previous player said, the games are great. They're all 4-player split-screen as well.

bread's done
Back