Endless Ocean: Blue World - $17 on Amazon

Doomed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
i5sk94.jpg

Buy on Amazon (CAG Referral)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Doomed']Update: Looks like MSRP is only $29.99 like the first one. Go Nintendo![/QUOTE]

Awesome. I'm currently playing the first Endless Ocean game, and am looking forward to a sequel. I might even pre-order it if I can get some good bonus goodies somewhere.

Awesome price, wonder if amazon will run any promos on it? Thinking about preordering it with some credit.

Edit: Pre-Ordered, hope I get a Wii Speak with my copy of the game from Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really looking forward to this. Getting back to work in January has been stressful, and there is no budget for a vacation this year. Hopefully Endless Ocean 2 is just as soothing and relaxing as the first game.

I like how Nintendo is easing into the Wii Speak thing, picking games like Animal Crossing and Endless Ocean which are less likely to have teenagers cursing to sound cool... Hopefully that gives them courage to implement it in more games.

[quote name='soonersfan60']I like how Nintendo is easing into the Wii Speak thing, picking games like Animal Crossing and Endless Ocean which are less likely to have teenagers cursing to sound cool... Hopefully that gives them courage to implement it in more games.[/QUOTE]

LOL apparently you've never seen us playing Endless Ocean in our house.

"That's a huge fucking whale."
"OMFG where did that shark come from?"
"Goddammit! Did my dolphin get stuck behind a fucking reef again?"

Yes, this game is really relaxing. :D

[quote name='MasterSun1']Is the first title worth picking up at $19.96? My Wal-Mart has 3 copies left.[/QUOTE]
I'm a little biased, but YES.

Especially if you don't plan on getting the second close to the release date. Also, very flippable. (Out of print and rare. Used copies can be sold for more online)

[quote name='Doomed']I'm a little biased, but YES.

Especially if you don't plan on getting the second close to the release date. Also, very flippable. (Out of print and rare. Used copies can be sold for more online)[/QUOTE]

New copies sell for $40+ on eBay. I'll have to return there tomorrow to snatch them up.

Wow, grab those copies at Walmart quick! They're totally flippable at that price, or tradeable.

I'd have killed for $20 new copy of this game. The best I could do was lurk on Amazon and Ebay until I found a decent used copy for $30. But good lord...the prices for this game new from reputable buyers is astounding.

A local store has a bunch of new copies at $30+tax, and a nearby EBay Games has a stack of used copies at $25. Not good enough value to flip, but at least the game is still available in some locations for reasonable prices...

I'm not sure it's worth grabbing for that price though. The first game was decent, but the sequel looks like it will improve on the formula for just a few dollars more (or a few dollars less, depending on what prices you check).

[quote name='ejamer']A local store has a bunch of new copies at $30+tax, and a nearby EBay Games has a stack of used copies at $25. Not good enough value to flip, but at least the game is still available in some locations for reasonable prices...

I'm not sure it's worth grabbing for that price though. The first game was decent, but the sequel looks like it will improve on the formula for just a few dollars more (or a few dollars less, depending on what prices you check).[/QUOTE]

New copies apparently sell for $40+ on the 'bay.

One of my regrets was not picking up the first Endless Ocean and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. I was able to remedy the latter of which because Walmart somehow had a new copy for $30, which I bought immediately (it seems new copies of it are sold for $100 on Amazon, which is way too much :/). Still can't find the first one though.

So I need to make things (somewhat) alright, I'm buying this one for sure. :)

Preordered at Amazon today. Wasn't going to (gift cards) but now the $30 game comes with Wii speak. I think that's just a Amazon and Gamestop thing, I think the normal game + microphone is $50.

I'm going to pre-order this this weekend at GS, I just hope the Wii Speak bundle isn't a 'while supplies last' sort of deal. I know GS has a really bad reputation in that area.

As resident whore for this game, even I have a hard time believing the game looks this good. I wonder if we can get some upscaled screenshots from playing on PC like we had for Galaxy / NSMBW. (None from me, I can't and won't do that.)

SPOILERS
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=95319&page=1

Pictures
Seriously? I thought this was a real picture. Could this really be from my Endless Ocean?
fb2_0075.jpg

fb2_0172.jpg

[quote name='Doomed']As resident whore for this game, even I have a hard time believing the game looks this good. I wonder if we can get some upscaled screenshots from playing on PC like we had for Galaxy / NSMBW. (None from me, I can't and won't do that.)

SPOILERS

Pictures
Seriously? I thought this was a real picture. Could this really be from my Endless Ocean?
fb2_0075.jpg

fb2_0172.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The first game really underutilized the Wii's power and it's evidenced by the fact that the amount of fish on screen has tripled, the animations are better and zoomed in areas, like the one you posted, look real.

[quote name='Doomed']As resident whore for this game, even I have a hard time believing the game looks this good. I wonder if we can get some upscaled screenshots from playing on PC like we had for Galaxy / NSMBW. (None from me, I can't and won't do that.)

SPOILERS

Pictures
fb2_0075.jpg

fb2_0172.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Uhh, wow! What an improvement. I can't wait to molest...err, catalog fish again.

SPOILERS

Pictures
fb2_0075.jpg

fb2_0172.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Wow. just... wow...
With the help of Download Helper, here's the rest of those pictures (about 200), if anyone wants them. There's some really good shots of above the water in there, it looks a lot better than I thought it would. (click on "Image Gallery View" to view them so you don't have to download them)
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=08bca92913484695ab1eab3e9fa335ca1dbd05794d43d27e
0006-fb2_0006.jpg

Pre-ordered the wii speak bundle at gamestop yesterday, I can't wait. =D

I'm breaking out the size 7 for this one:
I played EO2... in English!

It is a good game. It is a very good game. At this point, EO1 is better. The only reasons I have for saying so is minor UI changes, stupid European spellings, (in the European version ;)) maybe worse music, annoying sound effects, (mutable) and minor gameplay changes that seem to be designed purely to make people with OCPD go crazy.
[quote name='Doomed']
Oooh, "NEW!"[/quote]
Every time you go back to the hub after seeing new fish etc. I am going to have to start ignoring these.

I don't want to spend more time writing when I could be playing, so check out GameFAQs if you want more detailed impressions. "Phisheep" has logged 100+ (300?) hours in the first game.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=954373

The graphics are very better, but I have not yet found anything like the two screenshots I posted.

Pre-ordered this from Amazon a couple days ago. Wanted to play the first one but never got around to it and with the free Wii Speak deal it seemed like a good deal. Not sure that I'll ever need Wii Speak but if nothing else I can try to sell it I suppose.

On the subject of the music, I didn't like the music of the first one, but that definitely didn't kill the game for me. I just put a few "watery" tunes on an SD card and listened to those while I swam.
I usually put on the Mario 64 Dire Dire Docks theme or this.

I've had mine pre-ordered from Gamestop.

If anybody want's to add me up for some WiiSpeak diving some night after release let me know. By then i'll prob be ready to mellow after shooting things in Bioshock 2.

So the music is iffy?

Hmmm. I might have to load up an SD card then. Maybe something like classic Ecco the Dolphin tunes. I've listened to some music by Celtic Woman and although some of the songs are nice...other songs sound like people are screeching in it. Not very relaxing for me.

LOL, maybe we should start another thread: "What I will listening to while playing Endless Ocean 2."

Anyone have any suggestions for music to listen to?

[quote name='Spacepest']So the music is iffy?

Hmmm. I might have to load up an SD card then. Maybe something like classic Ecco the Dolphin tunes. I've listened to some music by Celtic Woman and although some of the songs are nice...other songs sound like people are screeching in it. Not very relaxing for me.

LOL, maybe we should start another thread: "What I will listening to while playing Endless Ocean 2."

Anyone have any suggestions for music to listen to?[/QUOTE]
Got some good news and bad news. The music is good, better than the first's. The only bad part is you can't select the music you want to listen to. There is no MP3 playback from SD. I have a PC in the next room that plays my music. Very minor spoilers related to choosing music
Once you beat the game, you can pick the music.

I'll have to make a new playlist and get new songs for EO2. My last one was a little sparse. Mostly because I hadn't heard any good non-video game music. Can you believe I didn't know that The Beatles were awesome until The Beatles Rock Band came out? :wall:

What the eff??? Why can't you play your own music?
Can you at least mute just the music and still have sound effects and such?

Anyone have any suggestions for music to listen to?
See my previous post:
[quote name='ROB64']I usually put on the Mario 64 Dire Dire Docks theme or this.[/QUOTE]
On that Aquanaria site, you can listen to the full songs, so if you have an add-on like Download Helper, you can download them.

[quote name='ROB64']What the eff??? Why can't you play your own music?
Can you at least mute just the music and still have sound effects and such?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can mute and have sound effects. There are two possiblities:

Developers for budget Wii game didn't feel the need to support it. (Support for the first was weird anyway)

Nintendo wouldn't allow the use of MP3's or AAC, and they didn't know or care about some free audio codecs.

I am torn, this looks like it would be either a big hit for me or a big miss that sits on the shelf forever. ... Free wiispeak is tempting though.

I decided to just go ahead and preorder this on Amazon. I bought the first game and only played it for about 2 hours even though I thought it was fun. My goal is to actually play this one and get my $30 worth.

[quote name='Doomed'] minor gameplay changes that seem to be designed purely to make people with OCPD go crazy.

Every time you go back to the hub after seeing new fish etc. I am going to have to start ignoring these.

[/QUOTE]

This shit drives me NUTS in MW2. Only positive is that there is downtime between matches, and I can go clear them away.

But it's 100% FFS material up ins.

[quote name='Strell']This shit drives me NUTS in MW2. Only positive is that there is downtime between matches, and I can go clear them away.

But it's 100% FFS material up ins.[/QUOTE]
I can go more into detail. I think I'm in the top 5 for players of the PAL game. (26 hours, highest I know of is someone on GameFAQs who broke his wrist or something and has time off work to play Wii with his good hand. - 80+ hours)

It's not THAT annoying now. I decided to ignore it, and it's not bad now that I have that habit. I decided that if I wanted to read the treasure / coin descriptions, I'd do it in a good font, with a good UI, and a good text size. So I'll wait for a guide to read all of that.

My creature encyclopedia and now treasure list still says "NEW!" It will stay that way. The official USA site has been updated with developer interviews. It has mega ending spoilers, so finish the game before reading it.

I think the street date is Tuesday, it's just shipped to stores on the 22nd.
You can most likely blame Gamestop for that confusion.

IGN gave this a 7.0 (Decent, on their scale). IGN UK gave it a 8.0 (Impressive, on their scale). I'm really interested in hearing what people here at CAG will think after all the hype on this site.

[quote name='kodave']IGN gave this a 7.0 (Decent, on their scale). IGN UK gave it a 8.0 (Impressive, on their scale). I'm really interested in hearing what people here at CAG will think after all the hype on this site.[/QUOTE]

Gonna get mine sometime today.

I don't really go by reviews at all anymore. One man's trash is another man's treasure as they say. Odds are it's going to get mixed press just like the first because everyone is so used to shooting faces and jumping caverns to appreciate a game like this.

I did notice though that 1-up oddly enough gave this an "A" grade. While I doubt it's THAT good, i'm sure to enjoy it. I'll give opinions on it later tonight.

:applause:

Just picked up my copy. Excited to start playing this weekend.

Does anyone know if EB Games was offering the Wii Speak bundle in Canada? I preordered but didn't get the accessory... of course, I didn't think to ask while in store. If it was supposed to include one I might swing by later to ask.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anyone have their copy shipped from Amazon yet? My preorder is still waiting to ship and the listing now says in stock 2/25.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it sucks. I preorded in December and my order says "not yet shipped" instead of "shipping soon". I hope it doesn't get delayed.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']Gonna get mine sometime today.
I'll give opinions on it later tonight. [/QUOTE]

Well I guess I can scratch that.
Apparently my local gamestop had "problems" with the shipping and it's not in today. The guy says "possibly tomorrow". Looks like I have to wait....

:???:

I got switched to shipping soon at Amazon so It'll go out today. They also ran out of stock for people wanting to order from there.

bread's done
Back