Feedback
2 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I was really hoping it would finally be this:

what-if-sony-stuck-with-the-ps3s-boomerang-controller-20081201033209544-000.jpg

[quote name='rogamabrte']Oh, I was really hoping it would finally be this:

[/QUOTE]

it's what i expected too, but it looks just like a 360 controller. oh well.

[/QUOTE]
That shit looks sexy as hell. The one in the OP looks like shit.

This controller is great for PS3 owners who like prefer the X360's controls. Wasn't there a coupon for this in GCU a couple months back?

[quote name='Namerson']This controller is great for PS3 owners who like prefer the X360's controls. Wasn't there a coupon for this in GCU a couple months back?[/QUOTE]

That was for the one with the fan and it was wired. I have it and it's pretty neat, but a bit unresponsive.

[/QUOTE]

That was suppose to be the original PS3 controller.

Xbox-360-Vs-PS3.jpg

i bought the 360 version a while back when Best Buy had it on sale for $20 cuz i needed an extra controller. i haven't used any of my other controllers since. this is by far my favorite controller for the 360 and i'm sure PS3 owners would love it as well.

i got this controller at GS for like 30 bucks the other day, I have to say its the most amazin third party controller I ever used.

Feels good in the hand
Great battery life
Has glowing LEDS
Battary life indicator on controller
D-pad is pretty good, not great tho....i dont play fighting game much so it works....did well with soul calibur 5
Mine doesnt lag at all.
It comes with a little dongle you plug into the USB of your ps3 and its wireless.

Whats even more impressive is I use this with my PC for my PS2 emulater....worked without any problems at all...plugged in the dongle and it instantly recognized the controller with all buttons working wirelessly.

for 20 bones I think I might just order another...its an amazin controller.

[quote name='Paladinion']i got this controller at GS for like 30 bucks the other day, I have to say its the most amazin third party controller I ever used.

Feels good in the hand
Great battery life
Has glowing LEDS
Battary life indicator on controller
D-pad is pretty good, not great tho....i dont play fighting game much so it works....did well with soul calibur 5
Mine doesnt lag at all.
It comes with a little dongle you plug into the USB of your ps3 and its wireless.

Whats even more impressive is I use this with my PC for my PS2 emulater....worked without any problems at all...plugged in the dongle and it instantly recognized the controller with all buttons working wirelessly.

for 20 bones I think I might just order another...its an amazin controller.[/QUOTE]

the wired 360 one is also available for $25. I have a question, would the 360 controller be better for pc gaming or is there no difference?

[quote name='Ninersfan4926']the wired 360 one is also available for $25. I have a question, would the 360 controller be better for pc gaming or is there no difference?[/QUOTE]

i use my 360 controller for pc gaming as well. works great.

Great controller! Got it a while back when Toys R Us had it for $19.99 online. Controller feels good in the hand and the LED lights are cool. No noticeable lag. It does feel slightly smaller than the regular 360 controller.

Yeah use my 360 Batarang controller for Just Cause 2, Bioshock and the Witcher with no problems. Love it for my PC.

[quote name='aznhero913']really tempted to get this... Probably would have ordered it if it was available for shipping.[/QUOTE]

both still are

I was just looking this controller up because i hate how close the analogs are on the normal PS3 controllers. I always jam my thumbs into each other when playing games that use both analogs at the same time. But i think if i bought this controller i might actually play my PS3 more, and not worry about getting annoyed by the close analogs.

[quote name='Ninersfan4926']the wired 360 one is also available for $25. I have a question, would the 360 controller be better for pc gaming or is there no difference?[/QUOTE]

I honestly dont think theres a difference. I have the PS3 one and it gets a 10+ hour charge and is wireless...if you really wanted to you could also just play with it plugged in. I been playing with the PS2 emulater on my PC playin Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix and this controllers works as if im playin it right on a ps2...flawless.

Now the only thing I guess thats a down side is that its not wireless bluetooth, it uses a small dongle you plug into a usb and thats what maks it wireless...but Ive had zero issues using it with my ps3 and PC....i was impressed with the PC because it pretty much auto detected it in windows 7 and I was ready to go.

Ive ordered a second one now, one dedicated for my pc and one for my ps3 for when me and my girl fight on soul calibur.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I was just looking this controller up because i hate how close the analogs are on the normal PS3 controllers. I always jam my thumbs into each other when playing games that use both analogs at the same time. But i think if i bought this controller i might actually play my PS3 more, and not worry about getting annoyed by the close analogs.[/QUOTE]

I bought this on the TRU deal a while back for the same reason, and it definitely feels more natural to play shooters. I still use the ds3 for certain games I'm used to using it on (the show). If the dongle doesn't bother you I say go for it.

[quote name='bbedwards']I bought this on the TRU deal a while back for the same reason, and it definitely feels more natural to play shooters. I still use the ds3 for certain games I'm used to using it on (the show). If the dongle doesn't bother you I say go for it.[/QUOTE]

The dongle brings up an interesting situation with me. I have a hard time getting my controller to charge using the USB slots on my PS3. Not sure if its a USB issue or wire issue or what. I thought it was PS3 USB issue since i could plug it into my pc and it would work fine. But recently even trying to charge my controller or trying to add music to my PSP through the PC USB ports, i have a bit of a hard time getting them to connect properly. So i dont know if i would run into issues with the dongle. Plus a few reviews have said there is lag in the controller, which i dont think i want.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Better pass on the PS3 version. Not bluetooth and needs a hokey adapter. Plus reports it lags.[/QUOTE]

how much lag???

bread's done
Back