English Blue Dragon May 22nd, 2007

brandonabley

CAGiversary!
According to this site and others:

http://www.gameaxis.com/home/?blog=1288

Blue Dragon is being released in English on May 22nd of this year. That's less than a month away, and exactly one week after finals at my school. Sweet deal.

The catch is that this is the westernized Asian region version -- that means places like singapore and Korea. The game, while retaining Japanese voice acting (which some nerds prefer anyway), is completely in English. While it isn't clear whether it will be region-protected or not, there's a good chance it will not be as region-locking of games is becoming increasingly rare.

This is good news for people that like to import!

Wait wait

It'll have Japanese dialog? with English subtitles?

[Feel the Magic girl] Oh yeaaah [/Feel the Magic girl]

No, seriously, that's great..dubs for the most part always sound ridiculous.

It's been pretty widely reported around the internet. Keep in mind that this is for an Asian release, and not a North American release. Is there any evidence to the contrary?

The article quoted says its for the domestic US release, not the Asian one. I mean, it clearly states

"We can all take this news as truly official, as one MS exec revealed to me that Blue Dragon have indeed gotten its release date pushed ahead of schedule. So rather than having to wait till August (as previously stated), 360 gamers can finally taste some sweet RPG love at last next month."

Now that we've established that.

Its horseshit. Plain and simple.

A Microsoft executive decides to hand out a major story (contradicting one of their previously released statements) to a nothing website. No other source than a nameless Microsoft executive. Give me one legitimate reason I believe this "Battousai" over my left foot.

Wasn't the old release date sometime in May? I mean before Microsoft said it wouldn't arrive stateside till August.

while i don't believe it untill something official comes from msft, maybe this will be done due to the possible delay of mass effect...wasn't mass effect due late may?

http://www.gameshop.com.sg/product_info.php?products_id=2282

Well, if you want to be a jerk about it, this company is actually selling the exact product that I am describing.

So, there you are.

Like I said, this is an ASIAN VERSION of the game. The US version is coming out later.

EDIT: It looks like this is being called the "Chinese language" version, even though it's in English? Whatever. There's that trailer that shows English text, and I've looked this up all over the internet and it seems legitimate.

[quote name='brandonabley']http://www.gameshop.com.sg/product_info.php?products_id=2282

Well, if you want to be a jerk about it, this company is actually selling the exact product that I am describing.

So, there you are.

Like I said, this is an ASIAN VERSION of the game. The US version is coming out later.

EDIT: It looks like this is being called the "Chinese language" version, even though it's in English? Whatever. There's that trailer that shows English text, and I've looked this up all over the internet and it seems legitimate.[/quote]
The trailer is from TGS/X06. I don't doubt an Asian release with English subtitles, but I am doubting that date.

[quote name='terribledeli']The article quoted says its for the domestic US release, not the Asian one. I mean, it clearly states
(snipped something that didn't clearly state anything)[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how anyone that can read thinks this article says its the North American release.

Xbox 360 owners in Singapore as well as other westernized countries can soon look forward to playing Sakaguchi's newest RPG masterpiece come May 22nd.
They are saying that the game is being released in Singapore, and implying that westerners could import it from Asia, because it is now in English. Later in the article it is stated that Sylpheed

will also be hitting our local shore come June at about the same time as it arrives in the US of A.
Further clarifying that they are not talking about NA releases. Geez.

bread's done
Back