English Premier Predictions

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I'll share my predictions for how I forsee this years table ending. And even though I'm hardcore Arsenal fan, I think the Russian Oil money has bought the league again :(

20: Wigan- Lucky to come up
19: Sunderland- Another lucky to come up
18: West Brom- Was lucky to stay up, but relegation is still knocking
17: West Ham- Will hang on by skin of the teeth.
16: Portsmouth- In familiar ground
15: Fulham- Beat by the MLS All Stars 4-1, I don't take that as a good sign
14: ManCity- Season without Shaun Wright-Philips
13: Charlton- Familiar Territory
12: Newcastle- Going to be too little, too late.
11: Aston Villa- Keeping in place
10: Birmingham- Transfers won't do much.
9: Blackburn- Improvement by keeping together
8: Tottenham- It pains me to place the Spurs this high, but still well beneath the Gunners
7: Bolton- Not keeping up the pace of last year
6: Everton- A slip from last seasons showing.
5: Middlesboro- Moving on up
4: ManUre- Expecting a slump for the Buccaneers
3: Liverpool- Champions of Europe, Gerard remains, Crouch Joins, should be a good finish.
2: Arsenal- Even without Viera, the golden boot is still on the foot of Henry.
1: Chelsea- Boatloads of loot. The title has been sold.

FA Cup: Arsenal

Carling Cup: Everton

They don't show European matches often enough on television. The last one I saw was when Beckham was still on Manchester United and they defeated Real Madrid.

[quote name='Blade']They don't show European matches often enough on television. The last one I saw was when Beckham was still on Manchester United and they defeated Real Madrid.[/QUOTE]

Fox Soccer Channel shows quite a few games a week, 2 live, 1 delay on Saturday, 1 delay on Sunday, and any games live during the week for the EPL, 1 live on Saturday for the Bundesleague on Saturday, and 1 live on Sunday for the French.

Gol TV does Serie A along with Spanish football.

High profile EPL matches are availble on PPV on Saturday and Sunday in the states and on Fox Sports World in Canada.

Both channels come as part of the DirecTV sports pack, and are also available on many digital cable providers. Replays are usually found on regional sports nets at "downtimes" like the middle of the afternoon, or the middle of the night.

As an Arsenal fan, I'm sure you noticed how Man. United manhandled your team in the FA Cup final. Needless to say, you had what was about the luckiest victory I've ever seen.

There is also no chance in hell that Liverpool will come out on top of Man U. Gerrard remains, yeah, but really aren't they losing about half their team? The good half that is.

Be real, Rooney is coming into his skills as is Ronaldo. The team is really starting to come together. I'm not sure how well Park is going to do, and I havent been keeping up with the trade speculation, but hopefully we'll keep Ferdinand and land Essien (maybe). While it may not be enough to unseat chelski, the gooners are going to get trounced. I'm not even going into how Ruud is finally back into his form.

More later, gotta work.

[quote name='BigDirty']I'll share my predictions for how I forsee this years table ending. And even though I'm hardcore Arsenal fan, I think the Russian Oil money has bought the league again :(

20: Wigan- Lucky to come up
19: Sunderland- Another lucky to come up
18: West Brom- Was lucky to stay up, but relegation is still knocking
17: West Ham- Will hang on by skin of the teeth.
16: Portsmouth- In familiar ground
15: Fulham- Beat by the MLS All Stars 4-1, I don't take that as a good sign
14: ManCity- Season without Shaun Wright-Philips
13: Charlton- Familiar Territory
12: Newcastle- Going to be too little, too late.
11: Aston Villa- Keeping in place
10: Birmingham- Transfers won't do much.
9: Blackburn- Improvement by keeping together
8: Tottenham- It pains me to place the Spurs this high, but still well beneath the Gunners
7: Bolton- Not keeping up the pace of last year
6: Everton- A slip from last seasons showing.
5: Middlesboro- Moving on up
4: ManUre- Expecting a slump for the Buccaneers
3: Liverpool- Champions of Europe, Gerard remains, Crouch Joins, should be a good finish.
2: Arsenal- Even without Viera, the golden boot is still on the foot of Henry.
1: Chelsea- Boatloads of loot. The title has been sold.

FA Cup: Arsenal

Carling Cup: Everton[/QUOTE]

I watched both the Liverpool and ManUre fixtures this weekend, and I've got to say the 'Pool is still looking to be the stronger team. Gerrard was on point, just couldn't finish off anything yesterday, if they can keep Baros, they've got a strong team especially once Crouch comes off suspension and Dudek is back in.

The two things that are going to be the downfall of ManUre this year is the ownership which is already caused a rift, and Rooney's temper. If the tightning up on "abusive" language is actually enforced, I forsee a lot of disciplanary actions against him this season.

As for Arsenal, the big loss was Viera this year, but with Song and Hleb in, it shouldn't have that much impact. Lehman is back in form and the team, with the exception of the Community Shield match has looked excellent every time they were on TV this year (Friendlies v Ajax, FC Porto, EPL v Newcastle Utd). The first real test is next week v Chelsea, which after seeing the highlights from their match v Wigan, I'm very excited for now.

Hopefully Van Persie will be in good form and Reyes wont be such a wimp.

Our back line is looking ok, but as for stability in the middle I'm not sure.

Viera was prone to injury, and the young legs of Fabregas and Flamini are solid, hopefully Helb will bring some experience? I'm not too familiar with him in the Bundesliga.

Chelsea simply have too much power. Wenger will need some luck and serious magic to pull off an upset.

as for ManU, they're in the past. I take the Poolies over them as well.

20: West Ham
19: Sunderland
18: Fulham
17: Portsmouth
16: Wigan
15: West Brom
14: Aston Villa
13: Charlton
12: Blackburn (so dirty)
11: ManCiteh
10: Birmingham
9: Newcastle
8: Middlesbrough
7: Bolton
6: Everton
5: Liverpool
4: Tottenham
3: Man U
2: Arsenal
1: Chelsea

More of a Serie A fan, but that's my guess. I'll do those picks when I get back.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']Hopefully Van Persie will be in good form and Reyes wont be such a wimp.

Our back line is looking ok, but as for stability in the middle I'm not sure.

Viera was prone to injury, and the young legs of Fabregas and Flamini are solid, hopefully Helb will bring some experience? I'm not too familiar with him in the Bundesliga.

Chelsea simply have too much power. Wenger will need some luck and serious magic to pull off an upset.

as for ManU, they're in the past. I take the Poolies over them as well.[/QUOTE]

Reports say Reyes has been getting less wussy, we'll see once he gets into the rotation. The back line is where most of the concern should lie, Cole, Lauren, Sendeross, and Campbell all need to stay relatively healthy and out of trouble for the season, and then we can rest easy.

With the middle line having Freddy and Pires with combinations of Flamani, Fabregas, Gilberto, Hleb, and sometimes Reyes, it's arguably the best midfield outside Chelsea (but by far the best in north London)

Up front, Henry is it, hopefully he'll stay fit and be in form, but the we can't overloook Bergkamp, if there's a title run for the last season at Highbury, it's going to be because of him. As for Van Persie, his current role of coming on for Bergkamp suits him well for the move to Ashburton Grove for when he replaces Bergkamp.

Only a Gooner would place Liverpool above United with the teams as they are. Is that really your prediction, or wishful thinking?

Anyway, call out Roon's temper all you want, he still works wonders in front of the goal, which is more than I can say for Reyes. Give me Ruud and Rooney over Henry and Reyes anyday. Besides, we all know Ferdinand has Henry's number.

Park will provide a boost to our already strong mid. Can the Arse really hold together without Viera's babysitting? Maybe against the lower teams, but come on.

I made a request for this sort of thing in the vBookie request thread, to no avail :(

Anyway, I hope you're wrong about Newcastle. Although they kinda fell apart against Arsenal, I would hope the new signings could help set them in the right direction. And Boro's goin for it, no doubt about it.

I can't wait to see Pires play for Galatasary sometime soon (next season?)...

EDIT: oh, and what's this? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/4151748.stm
I was hoping this wouldn't go through, but looks like Mourinho has more toys to play with this season...

I was really impressed with Edwin Van Der Sar against Everton. He made some very good saves and was more of a presence in net then either Howard or Carroll last season.

Why the hell does Neville still have G. Neville on his jersey? Phil's at Everton now, he can be the only Neville at Man U.

I was also impressed with Van Der Sar, but Howard and Carroll were both what I'd call sub-par keepers for teams that are perennial european teams.

As for Liverpool, most are underestimating the 04/05 Champions League winners. Once Dudek is back and Crouch is off suspension, they're going to be a force at the top of the table.

For Rooney, if he's off the pitch because of his temper, he can't score. If the changes are in effect, it's what is likely to happen.

Up front for the Gunners it's going to be Henry and Bergkamp/Van Persie before Reyes is up there. It's the same front line as '03/'04 and we all remember how that season went!

bread's done
Back