Enormous Xbox Marketplace sale starts next week

WV Matsui

CAG Newbie
Dozens of Xbox 360 games are set to go on sale from next Tuesday, 18th December, with additional daily discounts until New Year's Eve.

If you are Silver check out this thread for two months of Gold for just $2 and you can still cash in on the good deals!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334688

18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 pts (50% off)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 pts (66% off)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 pts (50% off)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 600 pts (25% off)
Wreckateer - 200 pts (75% off)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 pts (50% off)
Peggle - 400 pts (50% off)
PeggleNights Content Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 pts (50% off)
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 pts (50% off)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 pts (66% off)
RAW
A World of Keflings - 400 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 160 pts (50% off)
Kinect Party - FREE
Kinect Party Mystery DLC - FREE
Kinect Party Star Gazer DLC - FREE
Jet Set Radio - 400 pts (50% off)
Super Meat Boy - 600 pts (50% off)
RAW - 400 pts (50% off)

Games on Demand titles
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 800 pts (33% off)
Rock Band 3 - 800 pts

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3 - 2400 points ($30)
Collection 1 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 2 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 3 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 4 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman - 800 points ($10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1600 points ($20)
Lego Star Wars III - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones - 800 points ($10)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 800 points ($10)
Lego Harry Potter - 800 points ($10)

20th: Platformer Games

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 600 pts
Sonic Adventure 2 - 400 pts
Rayman Origins - 800 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400 pts
Mark of the Ninja - 600 pts (50% off)
Trine 2 - 400 pts (50% off)

21st: Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire - 1600 pts (33% off)
Red Dead Redemption - 1600 pts (33% off)
Max Payne 3 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)

22nd: Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Tony Hawk Pro Skater - 600 pts (50% off)

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games

Dust: An Elysian Tail - 600 pts (50% off)
Deadlight - 600 pts (50% off)
Hybrid - 400 pts (50% off)

24th: Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Trials HD - 400 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Thrills - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials Evolution - 800 pts (33% off)
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain - 200 pts (50% off)

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder - 400 pts (67% off)
Rock of Ages - 200 pts (75% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 pts (50% off)
Leedmees - 200 pts (75% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Christmas Present - FREE

26th: Counter Strike: GO

Counter Strike: GO - 600 pts (50% off)

27th: Borderlands

Borderlands - 800 pts (50% off)
Borderlands 2 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - 1800 pts (25% off - same as Gears of War 3 in last years sale)

28th: The Walking Dead
Episode 1 of the WD will be FREE Dec 25-31

The Walking Dead Episode 1 - FREE
The Walking Dead Episode 2 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 3 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 4 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 5 - 200 pts

29th: Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 800 pts
Cars 2: The Video Game - 1600 pts
Crash Of The Titans - 800 pts
Toy Story 3 - 800 pts
Crazy Taxi - 200 pts
The Splatters - 200 pts (75% off)

30th: Fighting

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - 600 pts
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400 pts
Street Fighter III: Online Edition - 600 pts
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre - 400 pts
Dungeon Defenders - 600 pts

31st: Skyrim and Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2400 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard - 800 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire - 200 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 800 pts (33% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles - 600 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine - 200 pts (50% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. If most of the sale prices are 50% off, I am going to buy a metric crap ton of XBLA games during this sale. The ones that come up 33% off, I'll probably wait on. That is, except for Fez and Mark of the Ninja, which I'll grab either way.

[quote name='MySaturdaySelf']thanks for the list.. thinking i should at least get LANoire GoD this time.[/QUOTE]

Any chance you're an aggie? Just noticed your avatar.

30th: Fighting Games

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Street Fighter III: Online Edition
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre
This disappoints me. These exact games were on sale just a month or two ago the last time MS had a sale on fighters. And Dungeon Fighter isn't even a fighter! I guess all I can hope is that VF5's DLC goes on sale too, but I guess that isn't very likely.

Nothing in the sale interests me terribly (I'll pick up the free TWD ep, but I may just buy that on PC instead). Ah well, less effort.

Well if TWD is not on sale I will get it through PSN since + members got 1 + 2 for free. I know it will only cost me $15 to play and finish so MS will have to do as well but hopefully better.

[quote name='harry hood']I'm reading the telltale xbox support forums and it seems like a complete mess. People are talking about the disc version being unplayable. Was the game always buggy on digital or was it strictly the disc version? Kinda sucks, I'm looking forward to playing these and wanted it on disc, but that doesnt seem like an option. Now with the sale, i can d/l them, but theres a glitch.

Is it as simple as just having ep.3 and 4 bought and installed to work around the glitch? I haven't seen any solutions on the forums. I'd hate to invest a ton of time and lose it. That happened to me with a Far Cry 2 game breaking save glitch, I lost 24 hours, 82% through the game, and I never finished it. Such a shame, it was one of my favorite games[/QUOTE]
From what I've been reading the disc version is far worse as far as stuttering and freezing, even though that existed at times in the digital version. Just not to the game-breaking extent of the disc version.

They'll patch the problems with episode 3, but as of now the only solution is to have episode 4. I'm still buying them all, for what it's worth. I'm almost always a physical media over digital kind of person, but in this situation I think you'd be crazy to get the disc version, even massively discounted.

[quote name='simmias']From what I've been reading the disc version is far worse as far as stuttering and freezing, even though that existed at times in the digital version. Just not to the game-breaking extent of the disc version.

They'll patch the problems with episode 3, but as of now the only solution is to have episode 4. I'm still buying them all, for what it's worth. I'm almost always a physical media over digital kind of person, but in this situation I think you'd be crazy to get the disc version, even massively discounted.[/QUOTE]

I guess it's a good thing I finished off episode 3 the day it came out. Somehow procrastinated on ep 4 & 5 so hoping for a good discount to get those.

The XBLA version of Walking Dead had some severe frame rate problems. I wouldn't say it ever became unplayable, but it was very noticeable. It seemed to get better in Episodes 4 and 5, maybe by then they had a better understanding of their engine and what it was capable of.

I can imagine it would be much worse playing from the disc drive. Is it possible to install the retail disc version to the HDD like normal retail games?

[quote name='Corvin']Borderlands season pass deal already? Damn. Oh well. Lesson learned for BL3.

Can anyone comment on Rayman 3 HD? Origins was probably my favorite game of 2011, and I'm anxiously awaiting Legends. Origins was my first Rayman game, is 3 worth grabbing?[/QUOTE]

Rayman Origins, i.m.o., is an absolutely fantastic, creative, and beautiful 2-d platformer. Rayman 3 is less "old school", with a 3-d layout. I loved Rayman 2, but only played the demo of the R3 360 version, and it was okay.

I recommend you play the demo and see for yourself.

Is there a definitive answer on whether these deals apply to all members of Xbox Live, Gold AND Silver accounts? How did it work last year?

The two day passes haven't worked on "Gold Member" deals in the past.

[quote name='naota']Is there a definitive answer on whether these deals apply to all members of Xbox Live, Gold AND Silver accounts? How did it work last year?

The two day passes haven't worked on "Gold Member" deals in the past.[/QUOTE]

there is no definitive word as MS hasnt told us anything, however I have seen many a sale in the last year and half and not one has required gold other than DotW's

[quote name='mebegod']there is no definitive word as MS hasnt told us anything, however I have seen many a sale in the last year and half and not one has required gold other than DotW's[/QUOTE]

That's what I was worried about since the ones I'm interested in are Deal of the Days. I guess we'll find out next week!

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I can imagine it would be much worse playing from the disc drive. Is it possible to install the retail disc version to the HDD like normal retail games?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately not.

Fez for me. Mark of the Ninja is tempting, but I know I'll be able to get it on Steam eventually for cheaper. Doubt I'll pick up anything else - TWD is also an eventual Steam Purchase.

Anyone who has a spare 1600 Microsoft Points code and is interested in getting Skyrim for Xbox 360 want to trade their points code for a Skyrim download voucher code? If so, give me a PM. I don't need the code since I already have Skyrim on my PC, but could definitely use the points for this sale.

I would but I dont like spec ops so thats a waste and face off maps suck so the map packs are such a rip off for me

I'm definitely in for the Borderlands 2 Season Pass, Fire Pro, Mark of the Ninja, and both Skyrim DLCs. Maybe Deadlight and Hell Yeah, if I have the points left over.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The XBLA version of Walking Dead had some severe frame rate problems. I wouldn't say it ever became unplayable, but it was very noticeable. It seemed to get better in Episodes 4 and 5, maybe by then they had a better understanding of their engine and what it was capable of.

I can imagine it would be much worse playing from the disc drive. Is it possible to install the retail disc version to the HDD like normal retail games?[/QUOTE]

I've found most Telltale games have frame rate problems. None of them are that graphically intensive, they really need to optimize their games better.
I've even noticed frame rate problems when running a game at the same settings on two computers of wildly different power, so there doesn't seem to be a way to ever fix the frame rate problems.

I defiantly will be picking up Trials Evolution..

Peggle, Fez, Mark of the Ninja etc.. All will be looked at..

How difficult is trials evolutions? I tried the demo for hd and it seemed like a ton of trial and error to get past some of the demo levels. I can't tell if the games just aren't for me or If I just didn't give them enough time...

[quote name='Althax']How difficult is trials evolutions? I tried the demo for hd and it seemed like a ton of trial and error to get past some of the demo levels. I can't tell if the games just aren't for me or If I just didn't give them enough time...[/QUOTE]
If you've played Trials HD then you'd know what to expect gameplay wise.

If not then yeah, the game is alot of trial and error. Each bike controls differently that it provides it's own challenges in knowing when to lean, accelerate or brake, but it's still alot of fun especially with friends and leaderboards. It's not for everyone, but it's one of those games where the greatest reward is nailing a level with no mistakes after playing it over and over again and just fucking nailing it.

Though make no mistake, the last few levels in the game are ridiculously challenging as in not everyone will have the patience or skill to pull it off, but even then the mini games and all the user created content (both new courses AND games entirely built using the Trials engine) brings alot of replay value.

[quote name='bardockkun']If you've played Trials HD then you'd know what to expect gameplay wise.

If not then yeah, the game is alot of trial and error. Each bike controls differently that it provides it's own challenges in knowing when to lean, accelerate or brake, but it's still alot of fun especially with friends and leaderboards. It's not for everyone, but it's one of those games where the greatest reward is nailing a level with no mistakes after playing it over and over again and just fucking nailing it.

Though make no mistake, the last few levels in the game are ridiculously challenging as in not everyone will have the patience or skill to pull it off, but even then the mini games and all the user created content (both new courses AND games entirely built using the Trials engine) brings alot of replay value.[/QUOTE]

lol the last levels are simple

[quote name='Vap']I hope 30 Minute Hero will be part of the sale on one of the TBA days.[/QUOTE]

the tba days are tony hawk on the 22nd and counterstrike GO for the 26th, and rock band 3 and bully for the games on demand sale

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Any chance you're an aggie? Just noticed your avatar.[/QUOTE]

yep proud graduate of 2011. Gig'em

feel free to add me on xbox :)

Putting a note on my calendar - buy Fez, Jet Set Radio, and Mark of the Ninja on the 20th.

Any deal on The Walking Dead is a great one. Was totally worth it, even at full price.

Does anyone know what the deals are gonna be? I have a bunch I wanna get but am worried about breaking the bank.

What am I looking at here?

Joe Danger 2
Sonic Adventure 2
Rayman 3 HD
Walking dead 2-5
Peggle nights
World of keflings Sugar and spice/Outer Space
MW3 1
MW3 2
MW3 3
Trials evo Origin of pain
Fruit ninja Kinect Storm season/space capsule/art box