Enormous Xbox Marketplace sale starts next week

WV Matsui

CAG Newbie
Dozens of Xbox 360 games are set to go on sale from next Tuesday, 18th December, with additional daily discounts until New Year's Eve.

If you are Silver check out this thread for two months of Gold for just $2 and you can still cash in on the good deals!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334688

18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 pts (50% off)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 pts (66% off)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 pts (50% off)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 600 pts (25% off)
Wreckateer - 200 pts (75% off)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 pts (50% off)
Peggle - 400 pts (50% off)
PeggleNights Content Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 pts (50% off)
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 pts (50% off)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 pts (66% off)
RAW
A World of Keflings - 400 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 160 pts (50% off)
Kinect Party - FREE
Kinect Party Mystery DLC - FREE
Kinect Party Star Gazer DLC - FREE
Jet Set Radio - 400 pts (50% off)
Super Meat Boy - 600 pts (50% off)
RAW - 400 pts (50% off)

Games on Demand titles
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 800 pts (33% off)
Rock Band 3 - 800 pts

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3 - 2400 points ($30)
Collection 1 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 2 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 3 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 4 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman - 800 points ($10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1600 points ($20)
Lego Star Wars III - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones - 800 points ($10)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 800 points ($10)
Lego Harry Potter - 800 points ($10)

20th: Platformer Games

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 600 pts
Sonic Adventure 2 - 400 pts
Rayman Origins - 800 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400 pts
Mark of the Ninja - 600 pts (50% off)
Trine 2 - 400 pts (50% off)

21st: Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire - 1600 pts (33% off)
Red Dead Redemption - 1600 pts (33% off)
Max Payne 3 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)

22nd: Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Tony Hawk Pro Skater - 600 pts (50% off)

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games

Dust: An Elysian Tail - 600 pts (50% off)
Deadlight - 600 pts (50% off)
Hybrid - 400 pts (50% off)

24th: Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Trials HD - 400 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Thrills - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials Evolution - 800 pts (33% off)
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain - 200 pts (50% off)

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder - 400 pts (67% off)
Rock of Ages - 200 pts (75% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 pts (50% off)
Leedmees - 200 pts (75% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Christmas Present - FREE

26th: Counter Strike: GO

Counter Strike: GO - 600 pts (50% off)

27th: Borderlands

Borderlands - 800 pts (50% off)
Borderlands 2 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - 1800 pts (25% off - same as Gears of War 3 in last years sale)

28th: The Walking Dead
Episode 1 of the WD will be FREE Dec 25-31

The Walking Dead Episode 1 - FREE
The Walking Dead Episode 2 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 3 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 4 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 5 - 200 pts

29th: Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 800 pts
Cars 2: The Video Game - 1600 pts
Crash Of The Titans - 800 pts
Toy Story 3 - 800 pts
Crazy Taxi - 200 pts
The Splatters - 200 pts (75% off)

30th: Fighting

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - 600 pts
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400 pts
Street Fighter III: Online Edition - 600 pts
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre - 400 pts
Dungeon Defenders - 600 pts

31st: Skyrim and Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2400 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard - 800 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire - 200 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 800 pts (33% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles - 600 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine - 200 pts (50% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there goes all the points I bought during Black Friday...

Going to check out the Borderlands 2 Season Pass sale for sure as well as miscellaneous games here and there.

[quote name='TommyLove']I thought the minor changes to the ending were okay, but that's coming from a Bioware fan boy.[/QUOTE]
I was... All of their novels, comics, CE/LE for all of their games, owner of all their games (minus MDK for the Dreamcast), and I still feel so betrayed I doubt I'll every buy one of their games again..... (I will certainly not be buying any LE/CE again or doing any day of release purchases.)

Anyhow, deals... I will likely be getting allot of them... Though I'm really hoping that one of the TBA days really ends up being a Forza day. :)

[quote name='omgitsjg']how much is the BL2 season pass normally? whats a possible price for this?[/QUOTE]

Just looked and it was 2400. Prob be 1200 if everything is half off. Looking like I need one more points card for everything I want.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Just looked and it was 2400. Prob be 1200 if everything is half off. Looking like I need one more points card for everything I want.[/QUOTE]I doubt half off on the BL2 pass. More likely to be 33% off at this point.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Im pretty sure the Borderlands 2 Season Pass is going to be 33% off making it 1600. I doubt they would make it half off that would just be insane.[/QUOTE]
who knows. microsoft was generous during BF, maybe they can be generous during these sales!

There was a sale for this not long ago under the "Sales & Specials" app on 360. Sorry you missed it.

[quote name='Kenshindono']no mass effect DLC sale... god, just fuck you EA, fuck you. You put out a shitty collection of the games without any friggin DLC on them (how do you NOT put lair of the shadowbroker on there? Its critical to the friggin story and the only way to play with a major character from the 1st and 3rd game!), and now its not even on this sale.

I miss when Bioware used to be cool. Since they got bought by EA and the founders left its just been spiraling down the drain[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bombfirst885']I'll be getting Fez and Trials.

Was hoping for Resident Evil 4, Batman AC DLC, and Minecraft.[/QUOTE]

if you have the sales and specials app Batman AC DLC is on sale right now, all but the last one. RE4 was half off 6 weeks ago. I regret buying it because the terrible controls.

[quote name='zarda1']if you have the sales and specials app Batman AC DLC is on sale right now, all but the last one. RE4 was half off 6 weeks ago. I regret buying it because the terrible controls.[/QUOTE]

Which app are you referring to? The one on the dashboard or is there a smartphone thing I could be using to help waste money I can't afford on games I don't have time to play?

Also play the little scratch and match game in the app. If you lose hit continue and they have even more things on sale that are not advertised.

I had to delete the Sales & Specials Plus app a few weeks ago because I was getting corruption errors, but I haven't figured out a way to get it back. Any ideas?

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']I had to delete the Sales & Specials Plus app a few weeks ago because I was getting corruption errors, but I haven't figured out a way to get it back. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

It should be in your download history.

Is the Modern Warfare 3 DL content any good? Not even sure I will ever have time to play it again with this backlog. Think I just answered my own doubts about purchasing it.

[quote name='zarda1']if you have the sales and specials app Batman AC DLC is on sale right now, all but the last one. RE4 was half off 6 weeks ago. I regret buying it because the terrible controls.[/QUOTE]Thanks. I heard about the sale and regret not buying it. I refuse to pay 20 dollars for a game I bought in '05 so I'll wait it out.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Im pretty sure the Borderlands 2 Season Pass is going to be 33% off making it 1600. I doubt they would make it half off that would just be insane.[/QUOTE]

33% sounds about right for most Season Passes. Gears of Wars 3 Season Pass was 33% off (i'm pretty sure) last year right after Christmas. I know it was at least 33% since I wouldn't have purchased it for more than that. I also remember being slightly disappointed in the sale, so i'm guessing it was not 50%.

Anyway, my point is that newer games with Season Passes are not likely to be more than 33%. I even doubt Black Ops 2 is 33%. I'm thinking more like 25%. When your game sells more in DLC than many other games do for their core product, you don't have to discount too heavily.

[quote name='parkerwilson']Is the Modern Warfare 3 DL content any good? Not even sure I will ever have time to play it again with this backlog. Think I just answered my own doubts about purchasing it.[/QUOTE]

They're not bad but as usual it depends on whether your friends buy the maps or not. Most of my friends never buy them and since I'd rather not play with random people I rarely played the maps myself.

[quote name='chuckwagon']Also play the little scratch and match game in the app. If you lose hit continue and they have even more things on sale that are not advertised.[/QUOTE]
Just curious has anyone here ever won?

[quote name='bombfirst885']Why can't I find the sales & specials app?[/QUOTE]

Go to games then select browse games. You should be on the featured tab and on the right you'll see 'Sales and Specials'. Click that and then in the bottom row you'll see where you can "Get the Free App" its not available in all countries and can only be downloaded via dashboard.

Sorry to get off topic.

[quote name='mrclutch']Just curious has anyone here ever won?[/QUOTE]

I have won twice. First time was a Pirates Vs. Ninjas(or something) Dodgeball full game, and the second time was a demonic purple dog avatar pet. Just gotta play all your accounts everyday for the best chance at it. Wife and kids gives me 5 shots a day, if I remember.

Supposedly the chances of winning used to be 1in20 for avatar items, and 1in100 for full games, but now the rules just say 1in20.

Is there any Xbox rewards promo going on?

Not sure if I'll buy anything if the games I want are not 50% or more off.
Debating whether to wait on the a goty release or get Borderlands 2 season pass - definitely will if it's 1200 msp or less.

Still wondering when From Dust will be on sale for 600 msp (was the most downloaded xbla game of 2011 iirc)

do you have to be a gold member for these deals? my sub just ran last month and i did not bother to renew it

[quote name='Gamer SDP']Is there any Xbox rewards promo going on?

Debating whether to wait on the a goty release or get Borderlands 2 season pass - definitely will if it's 1200 msp or less.

Still wondering when From Dust will be on sale for 600 msp (was the most downloaded xbla game of 2011 iirc)[/QUOTE]

I believe spending 2000 MSP gives you 100 back.

[quote name='IRON-SAM']There was a sale for this not long ago under the "Sales & Specials" app on 360. Sorry you missed it.[/QUOTE]

What? Really? M*****F*****. I've been waiting for like a year now for the DLC to go on sale, and I never heard anything about that, and I'm on this site most of the day.

(Not blaming the site, just wondering how it escaped my notice.)

[quote name='georgebot84']@Gamer SDP

From Dust was on sale 2 weeks ago for Ubisoft Sale. I think it was 400 points.[/QUOTE]

It was 800 points.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Just looked and it was 2400. Prob be 1200 if everything is half off. Looking like I need one more points card for everything I want.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jdawgg76']I doubt half off on the BL2 pass. More likely to be 33% off at this point.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WNYX585AM']33% sounds about right for most Season Passes. Gears of Wars 3 Season Pass was 33% off (i'm pretty sure) last year right after Christmas. I know it was at least 33% since I wouldn't have purchased it for more than that. I also remember being slightly disappointed in the sale, so i'm guessing it was not 50%.

Anyway, my point is that newer games with Season Passes are not likely to be more than 33%. I even doubt Black Ops 2 is 33%. I'm thinking more like 25%. When your game sells more in DLC than many other games do for their core product, you don't have to discount too heavily.[/QUOTE]

I am late to this party but last year the Gears of War 3 Pass was 1800 which was 600 off (25%) so I am pretty sure that is what we will see with BL2.

Is there a DOTW in addition to these or are the list of games in the OP considered that or do they extend the entire promotion to the end of the year?

So when the Skyrim GOTY comes out it's going to be around $50-60? Lame, Nintendo selects are always $20-30. So I might get the DLC, then just buy a physical copy. I don't want a digital copy because of what happened to Fable 2, but only if I can find at least a used physical copy for $15.

[quote name='darkrun']So when the Skyrim GOTY comes out it's going to be around $50-60? Lame, Nintendo selects are always $20-30. So I might get the DLC, then just buy a physical copy. I don't want a digital copy because of what happened to Fable 2, but only if I can find at least a used physical copy for $15.[/QUOTE]

Did you really just compare Nintendo Selects to Skyrim GOTY edition? One has add ons and the other doesn't and one of them takes an uncertain amount of years to get marked down.

[quote name='fantasyphil']Anyone know when we will get official pricing for this sale?[/QUOTE]

Yes, a bunch of us know, but we're not telling. :whistle2:$

xbldb is showing lego games and MW content already reduced. Everything but lego SW complete is 50% off, lego SW complete it 33%. kinect party is also listed.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']Is there any Xbox rewards promo going on?

Still wondering when From Dust will be on sale for 600 msp (was the most downloaded xbla game of 2011 iirc)[/QUOTE]

check your inbox? still waiting for your tracking # update here

OP UPDATED

Added pricing for tomorrow's MW3 sale and Wednesday's Lego sale.

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3 - 2400 points ($30)
Collection 1 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 2 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 3 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 4 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman - 800 points ($10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1600 points ($20)
Lego Star Wars III - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones - 800 points ($10)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 800 points ($10)
Lego Harry Potter - 800 points ($10)

Will add additional info as it is available. Some of these prices are actually live right now. This includes Kinect Party which is free!

Enjoy!

I wish the 22nd and 26th games could be leaked already!!! I want to know if I should wait to get Guardians of Middle Earth! If it's not on sale, I'm just going to get it tomorrow

Hmmm the only two Lego games I do not own is LEGO Batman and LEGO Indiana Jones 2...Is it worth 1600 points or should I just get them physical for $10-15 each? I rather own the physical disc...but it is nice to get them both for $20. Opinions are most welcome.

Just for reference and this truly might not mean anything going forward but everything for tomorrow and Wednesday except the Lego Star Wars Complete Saga (33%) is 50% off!

Fingers crossed :)

[quote name='georgebot84']@Gamer SDP

From Dust was on sale 2 weeks ago for Ubisoft Sale. I think it was 400 points.[/QUOTE]

fuck

[quote name='tylerh1701']It was 800 points.[/QUOTE]

okay not that bad. I'll wait for 600 or less.

PS: You owe me feedback ;)

bread's done
Back