Enormous Xbox Marketplace sale starts next week

WV Matsui

CAG Newbie
Dozens of Xbox 360 games are set to go on sale from next Tuesday, 18th December, with additional daily discounts until New Year's Eve.

If you are Silver check out this thread for two months of Gold for just $2 and you can still cash in on the good deals!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334688

18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 pts (50% off)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 pts (66% off)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 pts (50% off)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 600 pts (25% off)
Wreckateer - 200 pts (75% off)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 pts (50% off)
Peggle - 400 pts (50% off)
PeggleNights Content Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 pts (50% off)
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 pts (50% off)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 pts (66% off)
RAW
A World of Keflings - 400 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 160 pts (50% off)
Kinect Party - FREE
Kinect Party Mystery DLC - FREE
Kinect Party Star Gazer DLC - FREE
Jet Set Radio - 400 pts (50% off)
Super Meat Boy - 600 pts (50% off)
RAW - 400 pts (50% off)

Games on Demand titles
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 800 pts (33% off)
Rock Band 3 - 800 pts

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3 - 2400 points ($30)
Collection 1 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 2 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 3 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 4 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman - 800 points ($10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1600 points ($20)
Lego Star Wars III - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones - 800 points ($10)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 800 points ($10)
Lego Harry Potter - 800 points ($10)

20th: Platformer Games

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 600 pts
Sonic Adventure 2 - 400 pts
Rayman Origins - 800 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400 pts
Mark of the Ninja - 600 pts (50% off)
Trine 2 - 400 pts (50% off)

21st: Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire - 1600 pts (33% off)
Red Dead Redemption - 1600 pts (33% off)
Max Payne 3 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)

22nd: Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Tony Hawk Pro Skater - 600 pts (50% off)

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games

Dust: An Elysian Tail - 600 pts (50% off)
Deadlight - 600 pts (50% off)
Hybrid - 400 pts (50% off)

24th: Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Trials HD - 400 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Thrills - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials Evolution - 800 pts (33% off)
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain - 200 pts (50% off)

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder - 400 pts (67% off)
Rock of Ages - 200 pts (75% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 pts (50% off)
Leedmees - 200 pts (75% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Christmas Present - FREE

26th: Counter Strike: GO

Counter Strike: GO - 600 pts (50% off)

27th: Borderlands

Borderlands - 800 pts (50% off)
Borderlands 2 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - 1800 pts (25% off - same as Gears of War 3 in last years sale)

28th: The Walking Dead
Episode 1 of the WD will be FREE Dec 25-31

The Walking Dead Episode 1 - FREE
The Walking Dead Episode 2 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 3 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 4 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 5 - 200 pts

29th: Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 800 pts
Cars 2: The Video Game - 1600 pts
Crash Of The Titans - 800 pts
Toy Story 3 - 800 pts
Crazy Taxi - 200 pts
The Splatters - 200 pts (75% off)

30th: Fighting

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - 600 pts
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400 pts
Street Fighter III: Online Edition - 600 pts
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre - 400 pts
Dungeon Defenders - 600 pts

31st: Skyrim and Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2400 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard - 800 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire - 200 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 800 pts (33% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles - 600 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine - 200 pts (50% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']have no idea who phil fish is. buying Fez.[/QUOTE]
he is a cynical, pompous ass who blames everyone and everything for the problems that he creates for himself. But I still bought Fez :booty:

[quote name='scottyd88']Really want the Borderlands Season Pass. Wonder what kind of discount it will be at.[/QUOTE]

Same. I should really open up my BF copy already.

[quote name='taylort3']he is a cynical, pompous ass who blames everyone and everything for the problems that he creates for himself. But I still bought Fez :booty:[/QUOTE]

Unless his face shows up in the game and he start sermonizing in cut scenes, it doesn't bother me. Can't beat fez for $5.

hoping borderlands 2 season pass actually hits 1200 points, although it will almost certainly be 1600, which I will still gladly pay.

[quote name='confoosious']Unless his face shows up in the game and he start sermonizing in cut scenes, it doesn't bother me. Can't beat fez for $5.[/QUOTE]

If you have Netflix watch the indie game documentary! You will want to punch him in the face and buy super meat boy immediately!

Got Fez and Mark of the Ninja. Doubt MotN will be more than 50% off during the Steam sale anyway plus I'd rather have the 360 Achievements and I have a ton of MS points to use from Black Friday at Target.

Phil Fish certainly doesn't come across as a well-adjusted person in Indie Game: The Movie. But that doesn't take anything away from the joy of playing Fez. Sometimes it takes the most unnaturally obsessive, ridiculously demanding, singularly delusional people to create the most brilliant works of art.

I paid full price for Fez and it was worth every cent. If you do not purchase Fez @400 then you are doing it wrong. Just picked up Mark of the Ninja, now to figure out if I wanna spend another 1400 before the 21st or not....

[quote name='DemonsMaster']I paid full price for Fez and it was worth every cent. If you do not purchase Fez @400 then you are doing it wrong. Just picked up Mark of the Ninja, now to figure out if I wanna spend another 1400 before the 21st or not....[/QUOTE]

I paid full price and was pretty disappointed. It's a fine game for 400 MSP, but it's not anything special.

I love fez, I like Phil fish. Does that make me a bad person? If you don't buy the game you should definitely get the soundtrack

So far, I got:

Sonic 4 Ep. 2
Fez
Rayman 3 HD
Mark of the Ninja
Trine 2

Its been so long since I spent some of my points. Waiting on Deadlight and Dust: An Elysian Tail. Also curious what the 22nd and 26th have to bring.

[quote name='WV Matsui']
Kinect Party - FREE
Kinect Party Mystery DLC - FREE
Kinect Party Star Gazer DLC - FREE[/QUOTE]

Can someone explain the DLC for this to me - I don't see it anywhere. It isn't on the sale page, or when you search for the game itself. How do you get this stuff? After not seeing it anywhere in the dashboard or marketplace I thought it must be accessible in the game so I fired it up, but the menus do not lead me to any DLC access.

So I just let my kids play for a while. The game is OK, but it seems to be a 90% rehash of the previous game (Happy Action Theater or whatever it is). It could be that it imports the mini-games from that one if you have it (as I do). But there is very little new stuff in Kinect Party unless it is all in this DLC that I see nowhere.

Searching on xbox.com comes up with no info on those DLC packs either. Are they just not out yet?

[quote name='Macburgel']Do you think skyrim will be lower then the 27.99 on amazon?[/QUOTE]
It will probably be 30-40, more likely in the 40 range, as it is still very popular.

Follow meee, set me freee, trust me and we will esSCAPE from the ciityyy

I remember back in the day when I was amazed at how cool Shadow the Hedgehog looked, but I loathed having to search for chaos emeralds.

[quote name='Macburgel']Do you think skyrim will be lower then the 27.99 on amazon?[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind a GoD version, you should be able to find it cheaper than that on the xbla code trading thread or Ebay.

[quote name='io']Can someone explain the DLC for this to me - I don't see it anywhere. It isn't on the sale page, or when you search for the game itself. How do you get this stuff? After not seeing it anywhere in the dashboard or marketplace I thought it must be accessible in the game so I fired it up, but the menus do not lead me to any DLC access.

So I just let my kids play for a while. The game is OK, but it seems to be a 90% rehash of the previous game (Happy Action Theater or whatever it is). It could be that it imports the mini-games from that one if you have it (as I do). But there is very little new stuff in Kinect Party unless it is all in this DLC that I see nowhere.

Searching on xbox.com comes up with no info on those DLC packs either. Are they just not out yet?[/QUOTE]

I managed to get these DLC. Are you sure that you clicked through for the full game page on your Xbox? Usually, a dashboard icon takes you to a specific page for a demo, DLC, etc. From there, you need to click on the box for See Full Game (or something akin to that) to get all related files to show up. If you've already tried that, then I have no idea what's happened.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Everyone keeps mentioning Mark of the Ninja. Is it really worth picking up?[/QUOTE]

There's always a demo you can try. :)

I really liked it, and I wasn't even a fan of the company's previous Shank games.

[quote name='rapsodist']I managed to get these DLC. Are you sure that you clicked through for the full game page on your Xbox? Usually, a dashboard icon takes you to a specific page for a demo, DLC, etc. From there, you need to click on the box for See Full Game (or something akin to that) to get all related files to show up. If you've already tried that, then I have no idea what's happened.[/QUOTE]

I only saw some DLC called "Full Unlock" or whatever, which is weird, sounds like something you'd see on PSN. I also couldn't find those other DLCs, maybe it was down when I looked.

[quote name='rapsodist']There's always a demo you can try. :)

I really liked it, and I wasn't even a fan of the company's previous Shank games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, will check out the Demo.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']My friend who had never even heard of it before and never plays anything but shooters or sports games just played it and didn't stop for a good hour. I was surprised. Can't wait to play it myself.[/QUOTE]

xD Sweet will probably get it. Too many things can't keep my attention anymore.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']I only saw some DLC called "Full Unlock" or whatever, which is weird, sounds like something you'd see on PSN. I also couldn't find those other DLCs, maybe it was down when I looked.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rapsodist']There's always a demo you can try. :)

I really liked it, and I wasn't even a fan of the company's previous Shank games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, will check out the Demo.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Everyone keeps mentioning Mark of the Ninja. Is it really worth picking up?[/QUOTE]

My friend who had never even heard of it before and never plays anything but shooters or sports games just played it and didn't stop for a good hour. I was surprised. Can't wait to play it myself.

I dont usually play sidescrolling games, but when I do, I choose Mark of the Ninja.

Stay playing my friend

[quote name='rapsodist']I managed to get these DLC. Are you sure that you clicked through for the full game page on your Xbox? Usually, a dashboard icon takes you to a specific page for a demo, DLC, etc. From there, you need to click on the box for See Full Game (or something akin to that) to get all related files to show up. If you've already tried that, then I have no idea what's happened.[/QUOTE]

Did all that many different ways and many different times (on two different accounts and two different Xbox's no less). Both accounts were Gold for what that's worth. I also tried both last night and this evening - same deal both times.

But yeah, just like aaronrodgers, I only saw the "full game unlock" under the Extras section where DLC usually shows up. There were two of those - one "plain" one and one for owners of DFHAT. I'm assuming this second one is what unlocked all the stuff from the first game for me. But like I said, that was actually somewhat annoying as it is easily 3/4 if not more of the content.

But I mean all you have to do is go here:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841125c?cid=search

And see that there is no DLC for the game on the offiical Xbox web site. The 2 add-ons referenced there are just the two unlock codes.

In for Fez, Dead Rabbit, Trine and Mark of The Ninja. Now to wait on Dust and Deadlight. Probably will add more to the list by the end. So glad Walmart price matched Target on Black Friday for the points, now they will come in handy. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
In other news, I think I will get Fez for sure, and am considering Mark of the Ninja and Super Meat Boy. I absolutely detest stealth games but Mark of the Ninja has such rave reviews... And while I watched Indie Game The Movie and liked what I saw of SMB there, I just have a feeling the game will frustrate me to no end and who wants to pay for that? ;).

All that and my lack of cheap points at this time is keeping my from pulling the trigger though. I thought I had a lot of 1600 points cards left from previous sales so I didn't bother with the Black Friday Target thing. That was a big mistake - I found out the week after that I was completely out.

I'm pretty sure I want to snag the Skyrim DLC since I'm about to start playing that soon. Need to save what little I have in the way of cheap points for that...

[quote name='io']Did all that many different ways and many different times (on two different accounts and two different Xbox's no less). Both accounts were Gold for what that's worth. I also tried both last night and this evening - same deal both times.

But yeah, just like aaronrodgers, I only saw the "full game unlock" under the Extras section where DLC usually shows up. There were two of those - one "plain" one and one for owners of DFHAT. I'm assuming this second one is what unlocked all the stuff from the first game for me. But like I said, that was actually somewhat annoying as it is easily 3/4 if not more of the content.

But I mean all you have to do is go here:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841125c?cid=search

And see that there is no DLC for the game on the offiical Xbox web site. The 2 add-ons referenced there are just the two unlock codes.[/QUOTE]

I went back and checked the icons and menus on my Xbox, and you're right, everything's changed. Now when I click through from the dashboard icon for Kinect Party, there's a splash page which didn't exist when I first downloaded it. It was also just named Kinect Party before, no "Base Game" subtitle and no "Full Unlock for DFHAT Owners" version. This makes me wonder if the Mystery and Star Gazer DLC are now integrated into the DFHAT Owners version. Even more confusing is the game's profile on my HDD, which only lists the game and an "Ez Activities" downloaded items file.

[quote name='rapsodist']I went back and checked the icons and menus on my Xbox, and you're right, everything's changed. Now when I click through from the dashboard icon for Kinect Party, there's a splash page which didn't exist when I first downloaded it. It was also just named Kinect Party before, no "Base Game" subtitle and no "Full Unlock for DFHAT Owners" version. This makes me wonder if the Mystery and Star Gazer DLC are now integrated into the DFHAT Owners version. Even more confusing is the game's profile on my HDD, which only lists the game and an "Ez Activities" downloaded items file.[/QUOTE]

Star Gazer is definitely in there. I had not downloaded that file but had already messed around with the game, and that screenshot matches one of the activities that was already in there for me. I own Happy Action Theater as well.. .no idea if that is some sort of 'bonus' channel or something. I would just guess it's in the game.

I'm sure it's been said before but these deals being gold member only is pretty lame. I would have bought Fez only because there will be no PC version any time soon.

[quote name='Ozonekill']I'm sure it's been said before but these deals being gold member only is pretty lame. I would have bought Fez only because there will be no PC version any time soon.[/QUOTE]

Are they gold only? Fez isnt labeled that way.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Are they gold only? Fez isnt labeled that way.[/QUOTE]

You know I think your right. I'm on marketplace.xbox.com and it looks like I can just buy it for 400 right now. I don't play or buy stuff on xbox like I do steam. So I don't have much experience with them.

Will be getting Mark of the Ninja after playing the demo. Any thoughts on Deadlight? That's about the only other thing I might get, well aside from the Trials HD DLC. Have read that Deadlight is reminiscent of Limbo, should I skip Deadlight and just get Limbo (I know, not part of the sale)? Havent looked yet but do those 2 have demos?

I was hoping that Fez would be on Steam by now, but I suppose 50% off is worth it on 360.

[quote name='Only One Haze']Will be getting Mark of the Ninja after playing the demo. Any thoughts on Deadlight? That's about the only other thing I might get, well aside from the Trials HD DLC. Have read that Deadlight is reminiscent of Limbo, should I skip Deadlight and just get Limbo (I know, not part of the sale)? Havent looked yet but do those 2 have demos?[/QUOTE]

I believe every single game on XBLA has to have a demo.

I haven't played Deadlight but word from reviewers seems to be the last 1/2 is awful. Limbo is one of the best-reviewed XBLA games ever, i personally recommend it.

Worth considering that Limbo is on a disc compilation that can routinely be found for 10 bucks or so: http://www.amazon.com/pack-LIMBO-Tr...d=1355981225&sr=8-1&keywords=xbla+triple+pack
along with Trials HD and 'Splosion Man.

[quote name='cthomer5000']I believe every single game on XBLA has to have a demo.

I haven't played Deadlight but word from reviewers seems to be the last 1/2 is awful. Limbo is one of the best-reviewed XBLA games ever, i personally recommend it.

Worth considering that Limbo is on a disc compilation that can routinely be found for 10 bucks or so: http://www.amazon.com/pack-LIMBO-Tr...d=1355981225&sr=8-1&keywords=xbla+triple+pack
along with Trials HD and 'Splosion Man.[/QUOTE]

I have deadlight, it isn't the best game ever or anything but its good, I liked it quite a bit.

[quote name='Only One Haze']Will be getting Mark of the Ninja after playing the demo. Any thoughts on Deadlight? That's about the only other thing I might get, well aside from the Trials HD DLC. Have read that Deadlight is reminiscent of Limbo, should I skip Deadlight and just get Limbo (I know, not part of the sale)? Havent looked yet but do those 2 have demos?[/QUOTE]

Limbo is a really good game, Deadlight is nowhere near as fun. It doesn't control as well, the platforming is more frustrating, and I didn't find anything special about the graphics in Deadlight, though a lot of reviewers loved the look.

Limbo goes on sale a lot now, so I'd still say wait for a sale on that. 600 MSP is the absolute max I'd recommend paying for Deadlight, but I'm definitely hesitant to fully recommend it at that price. 400 MSP would be more palatable.

If you haven't played limbo and have even a passing interest in it you should give the demo a try. It's probably my number 2 favorite XBLA game. (Right behind Shadow Complex) Also, if possible turn the volume up a bunch. It adds so much to the experience that I'm sad I played through the first half (my first time through) with the sound turned almost off.

I have both Deadlight and Limbo. I enjoyed Limbo alot more than I did Deadlight.

I got Triple Pack that includes Limbo, Trials HD and Spolasion man for $3.

[quote name='Ozonekill']I'm sure it's been said before but these deals being gold member only is pretty lame. I would have bought Fez only because there will be no PC version any time soon.[/QUOTE]

The normal weekly deals are gold only, but major promotions like BF, Christmas, specific publisher sales, etc. are normally open to everyone.

Picked up Trine, downloading demos to choose between Hell Yeah! and Mark of the Ninja. Won't give Fish any money. Thought about getting Sonic Adventure 2 but Sanic/Sega goes on sale constantly.

That'll probably be all I get for the sales unless CS:GO gets a huge discount, or I get some Xmas MS points and pick up some Skyrim DLC.

[quote name='cthomer5000']Star Gazer is definitely in there. I had not downloaded that file but had already messed around with the game, and that screenshot matches one of the activities that was already in there for me. I own Happy Action Theater as well.. .no idea if that is some sort of 'bonus' channel or something. I would just guess it's in the game.[/QUOTE]

What is the Star Gazer content then? Is it the one with the constellations that you make when holding certain positions? If so, we played that one so it is part of either the "base game" or the DFHAT unlock.

Me and a buddy tried the Trine 2 demo and both bought it right after the tutorial stuff with the three characters, then we did a mission in coop. It's a really fun game that just looks amazing, plus it's fun to just mess around as the wizard and mess with your ally using the blocks :p

bread's done
Back