Enormous Xbox Marketplace sale starts next week

WV Matsui

CAG Newbie
Dozens of Xbox 360 games are set to go on sale from next Tuesday, 18th December, with additional daily discounts until New Year's Eve.

If you are Silver check out this thread for two months of Gold for just $2 and you can still cash in on the good deals!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334688

18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 pts (50% off)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 pts (66% off)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 pts (50% off)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 600 pts (25% off)
Wreckateer - 200 pts (75% off)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 pts (50% off)
Peggle - 400 pts (50% off)
PeggleNights Content Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 pts (50% off)
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 pts (50% off)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 pts (66% off)
RAW
A World of Keflings - 400 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 160 pts (50% off)
Kinect Party - FREE
Kinect Party Mystery DLC - FREE
Kinect Party Star Gazer DLC - FREE
Jet Set Radio - 400 pts (50% off)
Super Meat Boy - 600 pts (50% off)
RAW - 400 pts (50% off)

Games on Demand titles
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 800 pts (33% off)
Rock Band 3 - 800 pts

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3 - 2400 points ($30)
Collection 1 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 2 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 3 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 4 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman - 800 points ($10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1600 points ($20)
Lego Star Wars III - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones - 800 points ($10)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 800 points ($10)
Lego Harry Potter - 800 points ($10)

20th: Platformer Games

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 600 pts
Sonic Adventure 2 - 400 pts
Rayman Origins - 800 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400 pts
Mark of the Ninja - 600 pts (50% off)
Trine 2 - 400 pts (50% off)

21st: Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire - 1600 pts (33% off)
Red Dead Redemption - 1600 pts (33% off)
Max Payne 3 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)

22nd: Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Tony Hawk Pro Skater - 600 pts (50% off)

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games

Dust: An Elysian Tail - 600 pts (50% off)
Deadlight - 600 pts (50% off)
Hybrid - 400 pts (50% off)

24th: Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Trials HD - 400 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Thrills - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials Evolution - 800 pts (33% off)
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain - 200 pts (50% off)

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder - 400 pts (67% off)
Rock of Ages - 200 pts (75% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 pts (50% off)
Leedmees - 200 pts (75% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Christmas Present - FREE

26th: Counter Strike: GO

Counter Strike: GO - 600 pts (50% off)

27th: Borderlands

Borderlands - 800 pts (50% off)
Borderlands 2 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - 1800 pts (25% off - same as Gears of War 3 in last years sale)

28th: The Walking Dead
Episode 1 of the WD will be FREE Dec 25-31

The Walking Dead Episode 1 - FREE
The Walking Dead Episode 2 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 3 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 4 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 5 - 200 pts

29th: Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 800 pts
Cars 2: The Video Game - 1600 pts
Crash Of The Titans - 800 pts
Toy Story 3 - 800 pts
Crazy Taxi - 200 pts
The Splatters - 200 pts (75% off)

30th: Fighting

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - 600 pts
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400 pts
Street Fighter III: Online Edition - 600 pts
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre - 400 pts
Dungeon Defenders - 600 pts

31st: Skyrim and Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2400 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard - 800 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire - 200 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 800 pts (33% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles - 600 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine - 200 pts (50% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='matrix9280']You posted this:

The bolded sentence is not true. You don't need Xbox Live Gold to buy Mark of the Ninja for 600 points.[/QUOTE]

Congrats for finally being specific...

[quote name='ctclements']What are peoples thoughts on Midnight Club LA? I use to live in LA, do you actually recognize the streets and stuff? I bought a ton of the target $10 for 1600 points cards, so really it would be like I'm spending $5. Is it worth it? I also already have Forza Horizon and GT5, so I've got other racing games I'm playing.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about the similarities to real life LA, but BB has the Complete Edition for $13 right now. I do believe that Forza Horizon is a better game, but this is a fun game too. For $5, it's def worth it.

[quote name='gldoorii']Yea, it's called piracy. Play the game and screw over the guy you don't like. Best of both worlds.[/QUOTE]

no thanks. :roll:

[quote name='WNYX585AM']Well said. Also, when you are paying half of the original price for this game, I doubt he is getting more than a few cents on each sale. By the time Microsoft gets their cut, there's probably not much left. Then, according to my limited knowledge, his estranged developing partner gets half of the money too. So basically, Phil Fish is getting half of a half.

Think of it this way: You are not giving Phil Fish your money. You are compensating the estranged partner who helped create it and had to put up with him (until he quit). :)[/QUOTE]

Not likely the case with this game, often when Microsoft/Sony have a sale on a particular game they take the loss and not the publisher/developer.

[quote name='confoosious']guys, you can do what you want but skipping a good game at an insane deal just to spite the developer is silly.

If you boycotted people who create things because they are raging assholes, you'd have hardly anything to play, watch, or listen to.

I'm not saying this guy is not an asshole. I'm just saying that you buy stuff all the time from raging assholes. It's not that big of a deal. As long as he's not ripping people off somehow, what's the difference to you.[/QUOTE]

Personally I don't like the game. However, even if I thought it was a good game I would not purchase it as I do not support this guy. If I ran my company the way he does I would have gone out of business a very long time ago.

I choose to never knowingly support assholes... I don't even like my own asshole!

So excited to get Fez and Mark of the Ninja for 1000 MS Points combined. Now waiting on a deal for From Dust, and that'll be my 3 most-wanted XBLA games -- all at a discount!

[quote name='Zolor23']I'm not sure about the similarities to real life LA, but BB has the Complete Edition for $13 right now. I do believe that Forza Horizon is a better game, but this is a fun game too. For $5, it's def worth it.[/QUOTE]

Is the games on demand version that is for sale the complete edition??

[quote name='ctclements']Is the games on demand version that is for sale the complete edition??[/QUOTE]
Yes, but as of right now the price is 1080 points, so hopefully it'll be fully changed by tonight.

[quote name='Gabrius']I justified my purchase by using 400MSP I got from Bing.

I've really wanted to play this, but didn't want to give him any of my own hard earned monies.[/QUOTE]

you showed him, i'm sure he 'll be a nicer guy next time

Grabbed Fez after trying the demo. Already have MotN (a must buy if you don't already have it!), Trine 2, and disc version of Rayman Origins. Tried demo of Dead Rabbit and it was terrible. Still debating Sonic Adventure 2 since I enjoyed SA1 back in the Dreamcast days.

Those 1600pts $10 cards from Target BF are making me think "hey, half off already sale price, might as well pick up anything interesting" ^^

Looking forward to Dust, BL2 season pass, and Skyrim dlc. Maybe the new Trials if it's at a good price.

[quote name='WV Matsui']It's not on sale yet...[/QUOTE]
They've been on sale since last night and Midnight Club is $9.99 already, but when you switch to points it goes to 1080.

[quote name='WV Matsui']It's not on sale yet...[/QUOTE]
uhh yeah it is, its 9.99 to purchase with card and but points its 1080 so that is incorrect.

Above poster said it, and also has it been written why there are two threads on same exact thing??

[quote name='WV Matsui']Sorry...

You do know the actual sale date is tomorrow correct? So give it some time. Maybe it will change.[/QUOTE]
But I'm impatient and brash with my spending RIGHT NOW!

I'm sorry if this has been covered, but can't scroll all the way through two threads right now :
Can anyone confirm that the GoD version of Midnight Club LA is indeed the complete version with all the DLC included? Thanks!

[quote name='Decker']I'm sorry if this has been covered, but can't scroll all the way through two threads right now :
Can anyone confirm that the GoD version of Midnight Club LA is indeed the complete version with all the DLC included? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes it is

I just tried the Fez demo and it's a pretty cool game. Just don't know if this type of game will hold my attention all the way through. I want to get the Walking Dead, but on the other hand im a PS Plus subscriber, and Im assuming they're going to offer it "free" at some point in the near future.

On the other hand, it'll only be 10 bucks for the whole package...hmm. May pick trials evo depending on the price. Demo was fun, but I haven't had any desire to come back to it.

Well I ended up getting way more than I thought I would. Just went through a bunch of demos and got

FEZ (400) I caved.
Mark of the Ninja (600) Seems pretty cool.
Zumas Revenge (400) I hated the 1st but this one seems doable
Joe Danger 2 (400) Seems like enough fun at 400
R.A.W. (400) I was not expecting to like this but I actually thought it was alright and at 400 I will get something out of it.
The Scorcher DLC for RAGE (400) Not a sale item but still bought.

Still Deciding on

Trine 2 (400) It is gorgeous but I was just ok on the Demo (Guess I need to decide today! dang it)
Bully (800) I will cave most likely but hoping for a disk copy from BBY

Will not be getting:

Serious Sam 3 BFE (600) It gives me a headache and FPS never do.
Hell Yeah! (600) It seems fine enough but would buy at 400 instead
A world of Keflings (400) Charming but not my thing.

So I am at 2600 points already with several games still left...god help me.

Bought Frogger (I'm a sucker for these retro HD remixes) Mark of the Ninja, LEGO Pirates. Definitely getting all 5 episodes of The Walking Dead and Trials: Evolution along with the Trials DLC. Borderlands 2 season pass depending on price. I'm hoping for 1200, realistically thinking it will be 1600 MSP. Anyone remember the sale price on the Gears of War 3 season pass last year?

[quote name='henryVIII']800 points to spend...

Rayman Origins or Bully???[/QUOTE]

ohh god, horrible ending to this...both pretty good. I prefer open world of bully to platforming of Rayman but tahts just me

Those are two COMPLETLY different genre's that it isn't fair to make a comparison with. If you like great platformers then Rayman. If you like charming open world games, then Bully. Basically just one over the other in which genre you prefer, but both are fantastic games.

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']Anyone remember the sale price on the Gears of War 3 season pass last year?[/QUOTE]

1800 points on 12/31/11. I just looked it up in Transaction History.

It's normally 2400 points, so that's a discount of 25%

[quote name='dcm1602']any opinions on R.A.W ?[/QUOTE]

I liked the Demo I played with the Wizard type. It is not a deep RPG tree but it seems to have enough beyond a general hack and slash to make it worth 400 points. The combat was fun enough and the controls are good. It is no Torchlight and I am not really sure how it compares to Crimson Alliance.

Both great games but it'd be alot easier to find a cheaper copy of Rayman than it would to find a cheap Bully so I would obviously go with Bully here.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']You guys were hyping up these deals so much. Max Payne 3 for 3200 points? LANoire 1600 points? SMH[/QUOTE]

Those are GoD games. Those weren't expected to be super cheap.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']You guys were hyping up these deals so much. Max Payne 3 for 3200 points? LANoire 1600 points? SMH[/QUOTE]

Well the world is gonna end so misewell spend all your points

/trollface

[quote name='bunck']Both great games but it'd be alot easier to find a cheaper copy of Rayman than it would to find a cheap Bully so I would obviously go with Bully here.[/QUOTE]

What this guy said. Rayman Origins has been discounted many times in the past and can easily be found still. Bully is only available on the 360 and is long out of print.

I went in for bully. always wantedt o play it. i'll buy rayman origins. i'd like the disc for that one.

So far I'm at:

Mark of the Ninja
Joe Danger 2
Bully

Still waiting on Deadlight, Trials Evolution, Borderlands 2 pack

Nobody hyped the GoD games...

I was on the fence between Fez and Super Meat Boy, but after hearing about Fez's dev and low difficulty, I'm going with team meat :D

Is there anyway to purchase the On Demand games like Bully without using your Credit Card? I don't think it lets you use points, which sucks cause I have 7,200

bread's done
Back