Enormous Xbox Marketplace sale starts next week

WV Matsui

CAG Newbie
Dozens of Xbox 360 games are set to go on sale from next Tuesday, 18th December, with additional daily discounts until New Year's Eve.

If you are Silver check out this thread for two months of Gold for just $2 and you can still cash in on the good deals!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334688

18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 pts (50% off)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 pts (66% off)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 pts (50% off)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 600 pts (25% off)
Wreckateer - 200 pts (75% off)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 pts (50% off)
Peggle - 400 pts (50% off)
PeggleNights Content Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 pts (50% off)
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 pts (50% off)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 pts (66% off)
RAW
A World of Keflings - 400 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 160 pts (50% off)
Kinect Party - FREE
Kinect Party Mystery DLC - FREE
Kinect Party Star Gazer DLC - FREE
Jet Set Radio - 400 pts (50% off)
Super Meat Boy - 600 pts (50% off)
RAW - 400 pts (50% off)

Games on Demand titles
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 800 pts (33% off)
Rock Band 3 - 800 pts

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3 - 2400 points ($30)
Collection 1 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 2 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 3 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 4 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman - 800 points ($10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1600 points ($20)
Lego Star Wars III - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones - 800 points ($10)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 800 points ($10)
Lego Harry Potter - 800 points ($10)

20th: Platformer Games

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 600 pts
Sonic Adventure 2 - 400 pts
Rayman Origins - 800 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400 pts
Mark of the Ninja - 600 pts (50% off)
Trine 2 - 400 pts (50% off)

21st: Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire - 1600 pts (33% off)
Red Dead Redemption - 1600 pts (33% off)
Max Payne 3 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)

22nd: Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Tony Hawk Pro Skater - 600 pts (50% off)

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games

Dust: An Elysian Tail - 600 pts (50% off)
Deadlight - 600 pts (50% off)
Hybrid - 400 pts (50% off)

24th: Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Trials HD - 400 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Thrills - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials Evolution - 800 pts (33% off)
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain - 200 pts (50% off)

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder - 400 pts (67% off)
Rock of Ages - 200 pts (75% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 pts (50% off)
Leedmees - 200 pts (75% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Christmas Present - FREE

26th: Counter Strike: GO

Counter Strike: GO - 600 pts (50% off)

27th: Borderlands

Borderlands - 800 pts (50% off)
Borderlands 2 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - 1800 pts (25% off - same as Gears of War 3 in last years sale)

28th: The Walking Dead
Episode 1 of the WD will be FREE Dec 25-31

The Walking Dead Episode 1 - FREE
The Walking Dead Episode 2 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 3 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 4 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 5 - 200 pts

29th: Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 800 pts
Cars 2: The Video Game - 1600 pts
Crash Of The Titans - 800 pts
Toy Story 3 - 800 pts
Crazy Taxi - 200 pts
The Splatters - 200 pts (75% off)

30th: Fighting

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - 600 pts
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400 pts
Street Fighter III: Online Edition - 600 pts
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre - 400 pts
Dungeon Defenders - 600 pts

31st: Skyrim and Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2400 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard - 800 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire - 200 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 800 pts (33% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles - 600 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine - 200 pts (50% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kdiddy1989']After the free Ep1, I think a ton of us are wondering the same thing...[/QUOTE]

I'm going to guess 240 pts. per episode since that would be about 33% off.

wasn't really interested in the walking dead game, but after d/ling and playing some of the first episode i think i'll buy the rest of the episodes when they go on sale

I ended up getting ZombieU as a gift yesterday, downloaded the free Walking Dead ep 1 this morning, and will get the rest of the episodes on the cheap in a few days. Going to be a zombie-filled few weeks of gaming

[quote name='proKoyeon']wasn't really interested in the walking dead game, but after d/ling and playing some of the first episode i think i'll buy the rest of the episodes when they go on sale[/QUOTE]

That's how they get ya!

Something about Walking Dead that I don't get.

There's 2 downloads "Walking Dead The Game" and "Walking Dead Episode 1". What's the difference if you got one or the other, and do you need both for some reason? And if you downloaded it now for free and delete it, can you download it again later free because you did before? Or would you have to buy it.

And am I just derping from lack of sleep.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']Something about Walking Dead that I don't get.

There's 2 downloads "Walking Dead The Game" and "Walking Dead Episode 1". What's the difference if you got one or the other, and do you need both for some reason? And if you downloaded it now for free and delete it, can you download it again later free because you did before? Or would you have to buy it.

And am I just derping from lack of sleep.[/QUOTE]

It gets added to your purchase history. And did you not notice that the Episode 1 you are seeing is a video?

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']Something about Walking Dead that I don't get.

And am I just derping from lack of sleep.[/QUOTE]

Walking Dead The Full Game is what you want. The other one is actually a video called Playing Dead Ep 1 or something. Once they are queued up on your XBox you can see the difference. Their website is kind of screwy with it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It gets added to your purchase history. And did you not notice that the Episode 1 you are seeing is a video?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='musha666']Walking Dead The Full Game is what you want. The other one is actually a video called Playing Dead Ep 1 or something. Once they are queued up on your XBox you can see the difference. Their website is kind of screwy with it.[/QUOTE]

Ak ok, yeah I wasn't seeing the video icon for some reason. Thanks.
Might jump on the rest if the deal is decent enough.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']^All of them, except the 8-bit. Kinda sucks cuz that's the only one I was interested in, lol.[/QUOTE]

Whoops. And here I passed because I thought they had none. Of course they were live this morning, now they're dead. Ah well. I'm sure it'll be on sale again at some point.

[quote name='crazylox2001']does anyone know the price point for borderlands 2 tom?[/QUOTE]

ya im curious about this too. hope'n to bank off of this... i could have sworn there was another thread topic around here that mentioned the price points

[quote name='xXTwilightXx']ya im curious about this too. hope'n to bank off of this... i could have sworn there was another thread topic around here that mentioned the price points[/QUOTE]

No one usually knows the prices until the sale actually starts.

BL2 Season Pass is up at 33% off - 1800 pts

This is the same discount as the Gears of War 3 pass was last year.

[quote name='WV Matsui']BL2 Season Pass is up at 33% off - 1800 pts

This is the same discount as the Gears of War 3 pass was last year.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Any discounts on BL1 DLC ?

Thanks

[quote name='WV Matsui']BL2 Season Pass is up at 33% off - 1800 pts

This is the same discount as the Gears of War 3 pass was last year.[/QUOTE]

that's only 25 % off.

Borderlands is $9.99, the price isn't showing up in the overview but it is after you click purchase. Nothing on Borderlands 2 yet.

I think I'm gonna pass on it, though... the game has $40 worth of DLC for it and DLC rarely drops. Maybe for one day every 2 years its half off. I could just buy the GOTY edition for $30 right now or catch it on sale for 1/2 - 2/3rds that price.

[quote name='DukeMagnem']Borderlands is $9.99, the price isn't showing up in the overview but it is after you click purchase. Nothing on Borderlands 2 yet.

I think I'm gonna pass on it, though... the game has $40 worth of DLC for it and DLC rarely drops. Maybe for one day every 2 years its half off. I could just buy the GOTY edition for $30 right now or catch it on sale for 1/2 - 2/3rds that price.[/QUOTE]

The DLC for BL1 rarely drops? It's been on sale so many times....

[quote name='KingBroly']They still haven't increased the level cap yet, have they?[/QUOTE]

It might happen with the 4th dlc. Gearbox did address it but only 18.2% of xbox players are at lvl 50, even at this point so I think they mentioned waiting awhile and doing it through an update or future dlc after the season pass.

[quote name='DukeMagnem']Borderlands is $9.99, the price isn't showing up in the overview but it is after you click purchase. Nothing on Borderlands 2 yet.

I think I'm gonna pass on it, though... the game has $40 worth of DLC for it and DLC rarely drops. Maybe for one day every 2 years its half off. I could just buy the GOTY edition for $30 right now or catch it on sale for 1/2 - 2/3rds that price.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']The DLC for BL1 rarely drops? It's been on sale so many times....[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it. The shit goes on sale ALL THE TIME.

So do I buy the BL2 season pass on the xbox website, or through the game? I don't want there to be a repeat of the MK season pass

I have 2k MSP in an old account. If I buy the Pass with that, would I be able to use it on all accounts on the console it was downloaded on?

Thanks

I was hoping for an even 1600 for the season pass, but I'll still take it. I have a level 17 character now. When can I even access the DLC?

[quote name='Ninja Twin']I have 2k MSP in an old account. If I buy the Pass with that, would I be able to use it on all accounts on the console it was downloaded on?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

From my experience the GT with the points has to stay on that console. If you buy stuff then move that GT to another console it will remove access to other profiles using the content.

[quote name='Ninja Twin']I have 2k MSP in an old account. If I buy the Pass with that, would I be able to use it on all accounts on the console it was downloaded on?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Every account has access on first system DL'd to. Then only your acct anywhere else (unless you do a license transfer, can be done once a year)

[quote name='heatison777']Every account has access on first system DL'd to. Then only your acct anywhere else (unless you do a license transfer, can be done once a year)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Just wanted to be 100% sure.

[quote name='xXTwilightXx']isnt the borderlands 2 season pass suppose to drop tomorrow?? or it today only?[/QUOTE]

Most of these deals end up going up early. The Borderlands stuff is up now and will last all day tomorrow and a little bit into the 28th. It's been like that with all these "daily" deals.

[quote name='heatison777']Every account has access on first system DL'd to. Then only your acct anywhere else (unless you do a license transfer, can be done once a year)[/QUOTE]
I think you can do a licence transfer every 6 months now

[quote name='scarsofthumper']Borderlands 2 is $39.99 fyi[/QUOTE]

I was really hoping for 30 bucks on BL2. I'm probably going to bite anyway as BL are games I play so frequently I love having no need for a disc.

[quote name='super marioPS2']Most of these deals end up going up early. The Borderlands stuff is up now and will last all day tomorrow and a little bit into the 28th. It's been like that with all these "daily" deals.[/QUOTE]

did not know that! thx a bunch. now the DL'n begins!

So I bought Bully: Scholarship Edition for 800 points since the game is rare these days to buy. I keep seeing it for over $30. Anyways I bought it and for some reason it kept saying can't download. Anyone else have this problem? I kept redownloading over and over and still not working. I have some room in my HDD too. I plan on getting Bully and the rest of the Walking Dead episodes on sale from thie Holiday Sale.

[quote name='TKtheknight']So I bought Bully: Scholarship Edition for 800 points since the game is rare these days to buy. I keep seeing it for over $30. Anyways I bought it and for some reason it kept saying can't download. Anyone else have this problem? I kept redownloading over and over and still not working. I have some room in my HDD too. I plan on getting Bully and the rest of the Walking Dead episodes on sale from thie Holiday Sale.[/QUOTE]

Same problem here.

[quote name='Bryce3333']Was hoping for 33% on the season pass but I'm in, can't wait for the walking dead sale[/QUOTE]

Same here! Just finished the first episode and I'm hooked! SOOOO GOOOOOD!

Its beating a dead horse but Microsoft Points in general grind my gears. I have 140 points on my account and I really wish I could just by the exact amount to get the BL2 season pass.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']It might happen with the 4th dlc. Gearbox did address it but only 18.2% of xbox players are at lvl 50, even at this point so I think they mentioned waiting awhile and doing it through an update or future dlc after the season pass.[/QUOTE]

I currently have 3 characters, a L50 Zer0 and an Axton and Salvador both at L8 because they're just mule characters for extra storage. Have to wonder if Gearbox's stats include the mules, or characters played long enough to unlock the character skill achievements (Axton and Maya can do that relatively quickly), or if just having 1 character at the max is all they check for.

[quote name='scottyd88']Its beating a dead horse but Microsoft Points in general grind my gears. I have 140 points on my account and I really wish I could just by the exact amount to get the BL2 season pass.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you can't get PSN moneys on sale, since it is real money. I got a bunch of MSP half off on BF, so can't argue with that.

Just curious, what's the point of this thread when we have the xbox live thread? Seems like a waste of space to me.

[quote name='sicsonic']Just curious, what's the point of this thread when we have the xbox live thread? Seems like a waste of space to me.[/QUOTE]

mainly because it's a huge sale. Why do we get Black Friday topics when we have weekly ad topics? Same logic.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']mainly because it's a huge sale. Why do we get Black Friday topics when we have weekly ad topics? Same logic.[/QUOTE]
bad logic... sorry but first thread covers all sales. This should be merged.... 2 threads same content is not good logic. sorry my 2 cents. I was shocked nobody mentioned it first day and mods not removing... oh well clutter is fun... :bouncy:

bread's done
Back