Enormous Xbox Marketplace sale starts next week

WV Matsui

CAG Newbie
Dozens of Xbox 360 games are set to go on sale from next Tuesday, 18th December, with additional daily discounts until New Year's Eve.

If you are Silver check out this thread for two months of Gold for just $2 and you can still cash in on the good deals!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334688

18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 pts (50% off)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 pts (66% off)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 pts (50% off)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 600 pts (25% off)
Wreckateer - 200 pts (75% off)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 pts (50% off)
Peggle - 400 pts (50% off)
PeggleNights Content Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 pts (50% off)
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 pts (50% off)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 pts (66% off)
RAW
A World of Keflings - 400 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 160 pts (50% off)
Kinect Party - FREE
Kinect Party Mystery DLC - FREE
Kinect Party Star Gazer DLC - FREE
Jet Set Radio - 400 pts (50% off)
Super Meat Boy - 600 pts (50% off)
RAW - 400 pts (50% off)

Games on Demand titles
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 800 pts (33% off)
Rock Band 3 - 800 pts

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3 - 2400 points ($30)
Collection 1 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 2 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 3 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 4 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman - 800 points ($10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1600 points ($20)
Lego Star Wars III - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones - 800 points ($10)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 800 points ($10)
Lego Harry Potter - 800 points ($10)

20th: Platformer Games

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 600 pts
Sonic Adventure 2 - 400 pts
Rayman Origins - 800 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400 pts
Mark of the Ninja - 600 pts (50% off)
Trine 2 - 400 pts (50% off)

21st: Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire - 1600 pts (33% off)
Red Dead Redemption - 1600 pts (33% off)
Max Payne 3 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)

22nd: Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Tony Hawk Pro Skater - 600 pts (50% off)

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games

Dust: An Elysian Tail - 600 pts (50% off)
Deadlight - 600 pts (50% off)
Hybrid - 400 pts (50% off)

24th: Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Trials HD - 400 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Thrills - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials Evolution - 800 pts (33% off)
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain - 200 pts (50% off)

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder - 400 pts (67% off)
Rock of Ages - 200 pts (75% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 pts (50% off)
Leedmees - 200 pts (75% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Christmas Present - FREE

26th: Counter Strike: GO

Counter Strike: GO - 600 pts (50% off)

27th: Borderlands

Borderlands - 800 pts (50% off)
Borderlands 2 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - 1800 pts (25% off - same as Gears of War 3 in last years sale)

28th: The Walking Dead
Episode 1 of the WD will be FREE Dec 25-31

The Walking Dead Episode 1 - FREE
The Walking Dead Episode 2 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 3 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 4 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 5 - 200 pts

29th: Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 800 pts
Cars 2: The Video Game - 1600 pts
Crash Of The Titans - 800 pts
Toy Story 3 - 800 pts
Crazy Taxi - 200 pts
The Splatters - 200 pts (75% off)

30th: Fighting

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - 600 pts
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400 pts
Street Fighter III: Online Edition - 600 pts
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre - 400 pts
Dungeon Defenders - 600 pts

31st: Skyrim and Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2400 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard - 800 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire - 200 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 800 pts (33% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles - 600 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine - 200 pts (50% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FNL 4EVA']bad logic... sorry but first thread covers all sales. This should be merged.... 2 threads same content is not good logic. sorry my 2 cents. I was shocked nobody mentioned it first day and mods not removing... oh well clutter is fun... :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

By that logic we should just have one giant thread for all sales on video games. Hell, lets just make CAG one giant thread with everything in it.

[quote name='musha666']By that logic we should just have one giant thread for all sales on video games. Hell, lets just make CAG one giant thread with everything in it.[/QUOTE]

We should all be granted only 1 post. We can go back and edit any time we want to say something else. :lol:

"Enormous Xbox Marketplace Sale" is a lot more eye-catching than "14 Days 'o Sales". Probably wouldn't have even realized how good some of these discounts were without this thread.

[quote name='musha666']By that logic we should just have one giant thread for all sales on video games. Hell, lets just make CAG one giant thread with everything in it.[/QUOTE]

You could also take it to the other extreme and suggest that every individual game/DLC in the XBLA holiday sale should have its own thread.

I played Ep. 1 of Walking Dead and want to get the rest, but I'm nervous about the reported save (and other?) issues. It sounds like this is not unique to the XBLA versions, but I can't find a comprehensive article or discussion on this. Advice?

Is the save issue still an issue or has it been patched? Is it better on PSN or Steam versions?

[quote name='The Linguist']I played Ep. 1 of Walking Dead and want to get the rest, but I'm nervous about the reported save (and other?) issues. It sounds like this is not unique to the XBLA versions, but I can't find a comprehensive article or discussion on this. Advice?

Is the save issue still an issue or has it been patched? Is it better on PSN or Steam versions?[/QUOTE]

This was apparently patched on xbla on december 12th.

anyone recommend the season pass for borderlands 2 at that price? I haven't started playing the game yet and I know I want to buy it but what's the likelihood it's cheaper for the 4 DLC's later on down the line?

[quote name='DaGrandMastah']anyone recommend the season pass for borderlands 2 at that price? I haven't started playing the game yet and I know I want to buy it but what's the likelihood it's cheaper for the 4 DLC's later on down the line?[/QUOTE]

Get it now at this price. $25 for them all is good. It will be a while til they are $5 a piece or less.

[quote name='Hellhunt']This was apparently patched on xbla on december 12th.[/QUOTE]
Cool. thanks for the info. The support boards at Telltale are a mess with all the complaints about the disc version.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']mainly because it's a huge sale. Why do we get Black Friday topics when we have weekly ad topics? Same logic.[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't exist, but what are ya gonna do. CAG seems to get cluttered around Xmas time with unnecessary threads.

[quote name='DaGrandMastah']anyone recommend the season pass for borderlands 2 at that price? I haven't started playing the game yet and I know I want to buy it but what's the likelihood it's cheaper for the 4 DLC's later on down the line?[/QUOTE]

I am going to wait for the game of the year version once that comes out next year and goes on sale for $40 on Black Friday 2013.

[quote name='sicsonic']Just curious, what's the point of this thread when we have the xbox live thread? Seems like a waste of space to me.[/QUOTE]

Because it wouldn't be CAG without redundancy. The Walking Dead episode 1 freebie was mentioned in the XBLA thread, this one, the free stuff stickie in the Free Stuff section, and at least 1 separate topic in the deals and free stuff sections.

To add to the redundancy, keep an eye on how many people ask questions about content that's on sale that was answered just a few posts prior (or in the case of the XBLA thread, in the OP).

[quote name='The Linguist']Cool. thanks for the info. The support boards at Telltale are a mess with all the complaints about the disc version.[/QUOTE]

I would recommend playing each episode in one sitting (they are about 2 hours long). I lost a save by not doing so on episode 2. then you can back up your save after each episode.

[quote name='Bloomy']Because it wouldn't be CAG without redundancy. The Walking Dead episode 1 freebie was mentioned in the XBLA thread, this one, the free stuff stickie in the Free Stuff section, and at least 1 separate topic in the deals and free stuff sections.

To add to the redundancy, keep an eye on how many people ask questions about content that's on sale that was answered just a few posts prior (or in the case of the XBLA thread, in the OP).[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the WiiU in stock threads...

Picked up the Borderlands 2 season pass, which will go well with my brand new Christmas copy. Likely will also grab all the Walking Dead episodes. That should take care of most of my Black Friday Microsoft points.

AC3, Borderlands 2, Fez, and the Walking Dead- it's gonna be a full January!

[quote name='Dund3r']Picked up the Borderlands 2 season pass, which will go well with my brand new Christmas copy. Likely will also grab all the Walking Dead episodes. That should take care of most of my Black Friday Microsoft points.

AC3, Borderlands 2, Fez, and the Walking Dead- it's gonna be a full January![/QUOTE]

Your signature is very lame.

[quote name='TKtheknight']So I bought Bully: Scholarship Edition for 800 points since the game is rare these days to buy. I keep seeing it for over $30. Anyways I bought it and for some reason it kept saying can't download. Anyone else have this problem? I kept redownloading over and over and still not working. I have some room in my HDD too. I plan on getting Bully and the rest of the Walking Dead episodes on sale from thie Holiday Sale.[/QUOTE]

I had that issue too, but I turned my system off and let it download without me playing anything just fine. For me when I would play like an online game which would pause the download and then go to single player or w/e it would start downloading and then give me that can't download thing.

Seems like it's a common issue with the game, try and start up the download and then leave your xbox or turn it off (which the green light on the brick will still be on which means it's downloading) and just let it DL.

For those that bought Gears 3 DLC separate from the Season Pass, how long was it until either the Season Pass/individual DLC went on further sale?

I'm thinking about buying the Borderlands 2 Season Pass, but I have such a backlog of games it might be worth it to hold out on for better deals when I'll actually be able to play it...

[quote name='drktrpr1']For those that bought Gears 3 DLC separate from the Season Pass, how long was it until either the Season Pass/individual DLC went on further sale?

I'm thinking about buying the Borderlands 2 Season Pass, but I have such a backlog of games it might be worth it to hold out on for better deals when I'll actually be able to play it...[/QUOTE]

Was the Gears 3 season pass ever on sale outside of the 1-day deal last holiday?

Going with my gut on this one. Skipping the DLC for now. Will rebuy BL2 Game of the Year edition when it drops to sub-$20 prices.

[quote name='LordVila']It was on sale for two one day sales. http://xbldb.com/offers/003-bf2[/QUOTE]

Looks like it took about one year since its release for the Gears 3 Season Pass to come down to 50% during a one day sale.

If we can expect something similar for Borderlands 2, I can wait until either the Season Pass gets a similar 50% off sale, or we get a GOTY version. Keep in mind, they may not even be done creating DLC for BL2.

[quote name='karamsoul']Going with my gut on this one. Skipping the DLC for now. Will rebuy BL2 Game of the Year edition when it drops to sub-$20 prices.[/QUOTE]

2015? I don't remember ever seeing Borderlands GOTY for less than $20 until a few years after the game came out.

At full price the 4 DLCs included in the Borderlands 2 Season Pass would be $40. Paying $22.50 sounds great to me. I think at best they will drop to $20 for all four. The timing for this for me is perfect, so it is worth the extra $2.50 to not wait.

Bought.

[quote name='Wedgie']So are the other Walking Dead episodes supposed to be on sale too? Or just the free 1st episode?[/QUOTE]

TWD episode 1 is free right now, and the other four episodes go on sale tomorrow. Seriously, it's right there in the OP.

[quote name='Wedgie']So are the other Walking Dead episodes supposed to be on sale too? Or just the free 1st episode?[/QUOTE]
The other episodes go on sale tomorrow (possibly late tonight). How much the discount will be is still unknown.

[quote name='marsilies']The other episodes go on sale tomorrow (possibly late tonight). How much the discount will be is still unknown.[/QUOTE]

Anything less than the normal $5 amount seems more than worth it to me.

Thanks for the reply, repped.

[quote name='_akuma']Does the BL2 season pass include mechromancer and creature slaughter dome?[/QUOTE]

No, just the four dlc packs, Pirate Booty, Torgue, and two that are not out yet.

Releasing the first episode of the Walking Dead was a brilliant move. Now I will almost definitely get the other episodes, no matter what the price.

[quote name='Maestro']Releasing the first episode of the Walking Dead was a brilliant move. Now I will almost definitely get the other episodes, no matter what the price.[/QUOTE]

Yes indeed. After playing Episode 1, I'm hooked and will definitely buy the rest tomorrow. :bouncy:

[quote name='Maestro']Releasing the first episode of the Walking Dead was a brilliant move. Now I will almost definitely get the other episodes, no matter what the price.[/QUOTE]

Totally. It was an awesome idea. And even if they didn't go on sale it's still a great deal for all 5 eps for 1600 pts. I know i would pay it.

[quote name='_akuma']Does the BL2 season pass include mechromancer and creature slaughter dome?[/QUOTE]

The Mechromancer is included with the Premiere Club code and the Creature Slaughter Dome was a GS pre-order bonus.

[quote name='Bigmeat23']Totally. It was an awesome idea. And even if they didn't go on sale it's still a great deal for all 5 eps for 1600 pts. I know i would pay it.[/QUOTE]
The fact that you can get the whole season for $12.49 on Steam right now (and the next time there's a good sale) means that XBLA will have to offer a good discount for me to bite.

[quote name='The Linguist']The fact that you can get the whole season for $12.49 on Steam right now (and the next time there's a good sale) means that XBLA will have to offer a good discount for me to bite.[/QUOTE]

Not me cuz I don't PC game and I want on 360. If I didn't know there was going to be the sale tomorrow I would already buy them today after being hooked after finishing episode 1 last night!

Telltale actually has been doing this awhile for its iOS releases. Makes total sense when it comes to episodic gaming. First episode acts a demo...and if the game is good it will sell itself.

Not sure why they don't do this more to spur sales of some of their older titles.

[quote name='aircobra']The Mechromancer is included with the Premiere Club code and the Creature Slaughter Dome was a GS pre-order bonus.[/QUOTE]

Yea, but who has the premiere club code? I dont have it. Does it come with purchasing BL2 here?

[quote name='marsilies']The other episodes go on sale tomorrow (possibly late tonight). How much the discount will be is still unknown.[/QUOTE]

Have other sales gone live early?

[quote name='sfabo']Have other sales gone live early?[/QUOTE]

Most, if not all, have gone live the evening before they are supposed to go on sale.

Most sales have actually started around 8pm EST, but you have to search for the game, the icon for the Holiday Sale doesn't update till the morning of the sale.

[quote name='_akuma']Yea, but who has the premiere club code? I dont have it. Does it come with purchasing BL2 here?[/QUOTE]

*facepalm* yes people who bought the game new got the premiere club code

Borderlands 2 season pass is a good deal at 1800 MSP. That's 450 per DLC pack, they'll probably all be on sale for 400 each but since the 3rd one isn't even out yet I'd say you'd have to wait till the Summer to get them all for 400 each. Get the season pass now and you get the 3rd and 4th on release date for cheap.

Does the season pass have any bonus skins or anything?

Edit - I bought it anyway. I kept looking for reasons to not buy it, but half off retail is too good considering two packs aren't even out yet.

bread's done
Back