Enormous Xbox Marketplace sale starts next week

WV Matsui

CAG Newbie
Dozens of Xbox 360 games are set to go on sale from next Tuesday, 18th December, with additional daily discounts until New Year's Eve.

If you are Silver check out this thread for two months of Gold for just $2 and you can still cash in on the good deals!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334688

18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 pts (50% off)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 pts (66% off)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 pts (50% off)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 600 pts (25% off)
Wreckateer - 200 pts (75% off)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 pts (50% off)
Peggle - 400 pts (50% off)
PeggleNights Content Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 pts (50% off)
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 pts (50% off)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 pts (66% off)
RAW
A World of Keflings - 400 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 160 pts (50% off)
Kinect Party - FREE
Kinect Party Mystery DLC - FREE
Kinect Party Star Gazer DLC - FREE
Jet Set Radio - 400 pts (50% off)
Super Meat Boy - 600 pts (50% off)
RAW - 400 pts (50% off)

Games on Demand titles
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 800 pts (33% off)
Rock Band 3 - 800 pts

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3 - 2400 points ($30)
Collection 1 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 2 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 3 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 4 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman - 800 points ($10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1600 points ($20)
Lego Star Wars III - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones - 800 points ($10)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 800 points ($10)
Lego Harry Potter - 800 points ($10)

20th: Platformer Games

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 600 pts
Sonic Adventure 2 - 400 pts
Rayman Origins - 800 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400 pts
Mark of the Ninja - 600 pts (50% off)
Trine 2 - 400 pts (50% off)

21st: Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire - 1600 pts (33% off)
Red Dead Redemption - 1600 pts (33% off)
Max Payne 3 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)

22nd: Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Tony Hawk Pro Skater - 600 pts (50% off)

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games

Dust: An Elysian Tail - 600 pts (50% off)
Deadlight - 600 pts (50% off)
Hybrid - 400 pts (50% off)

24th: Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Trials HD - 400 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Thrills - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials Evolution - 800 pts (33% off)
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain - 200 pts (50% off)

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder - 400 pts (67% off)
Rock of Ages - 200 pts (75% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 pts (50% off)
Leedmees - 200 pts (75% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Christmas Present - FREE

26th: Counter Strike: GO

Counter Strike: GO - 600 pts (50% off)

27th: Borderlands

Borderlands - 800 pts (50% off)
Borderlands 2 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - 1800 pts (25% off - same as Gears of War 3 in last years sale)

28th: The Walking Dead
Episode 1 of the WD will be FREE Dec 25-31

The Walking Dead Episode 1 - FREE
The Walking Dead Episode 2 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 3 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 4 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 5 - 200 pts

29th: Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 800 pts
Cars 2: The Video Game - 1600 pts
Crash Of The Titans - 800 pts
Toy Story 3 - 800 pts
Crazy Taxi - 200 pts
The Splatters - 200 pts (75% off)

30th: Fighting

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - 600 pts
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400 pts
Street Fighter III: Online Edition - 600 pts
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre - 400 pts
Dungeon Defenders - 600 pts

31st: Skyrim and Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2400 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard - 800 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire - 200 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 800 pts (33% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles - 600 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine - 200 pts (50% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Yeah I think I will get TWD on Xbox Live instead of getting the disc version from what I hear.[/QUOTE]

Same. Had the disc on release day but decided to wait for this sale.

Hope it releases soon --

LIVE.. 200 pts each

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']Episode 4 and 5 are still 400 here.
2 and 3 showing up as 200.[/QUOTE]

So that makes the entire game 50% off with the first episode free. Great deal!

Freaking awesome deal, better than I thought it would be. Hoping for a slightly better Borderlands 2 season pass and Trials: Evolution price, this more than makes up for it though!

Anyone know why Xbox.com is telling me: "We were unable to add this item to your download queue." When I try to add The Walking Dead eps to my download queue?

Went and got TWD episodes. I had been planning to rent the disc version until I heard about the glitches. I'm hoping Dawnguard is half off, otherwise I may skip it.

I got the same problem with the "download queue" when i tried it on my computer. I had to add episodes 3 & 4 on my console manually.

[quote name='captpluto9465']Went and got TWD episodes. I had been planning to rent the disc version until I heard about the glitches. I'm hoping Dawnguard is half off, otherwise I may skip it.

I got the same problem with the "download queue" when i tried it on my computer. I had to add episodes 3 & 4 on my console manually.[/QUOTE]

Same for me (only problems with 3 & 4) - for anyone else having difficulty, f you go to XBOX Live (on your console) and go to Settings, Account, Download History -> you can then select 3 & 4 and re-download. That worked for me.

[quote name='captpluto9465']I got the same problem with the "download queue" when i tried it on my computer. I had to add episodes 3 & 4 on my console manually.[/QUOTE]

Working now I hope. :D

[quote name='dennisb407']Those $10 1600 points cards from Black Friday are coming in handy[/QUOTE]

Yessssss sirrrrr. Waiting for Skyrim DLC.

These two teenage girls at GS were talking about getting the Walking Dead so I told them about the free 1st episode and the sale. They just looked at me like some creep. God I hate getting old.

Oh yeah 800 points for the Walking Dead? Awesome. Cheaper than PC.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Jesus, $10 for first season of Walking Dead?! Wish I held off instead of paying the $25 I did. =([/QUOTE]

$5 if you got lucky at target XD YAY MISPRINTS!!!

[quote name='Hemi']$5 if you got lucky at target XD YAY MISPRINTS!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, those points have been awesome for this sale. I've been able to buy everything I wanted in this sale and I still have 1,000 or so points.

[quote name='Althax']Yeah, those points have been awesome for this sale. I've been able to buy everything I wanted in this sale and I still have 1,000 or so points.[/QUOTE]

I had bought 11 cards, i got about 8 left with 1000 points still

I love CAG!!!! I would have waited until tomorrow when I got home from work to DL Walking Dead ep 2-5, but, am DLing them now thanks to seeing that it's up already>

[quote name='cancerman1120']These two teenage girls at GS were talking about getting the Walking Dead so I told them about the free 1st episode and the sale. They just looked at me like some creep. God I hate getting old.

Oh yeah 800 points for the Walking Dead? Awesome. Cheaper than PC.[/QUOTE]

Heh - I'm a lot more cautious about that sort of thing nowadays too ;).

I'm still on the fence. Had I gotten the cheap Target points cards it would be a no-brainer. But as it is I'm not entirely sold. I haven't even tried the first one yet. But my son played it on the iPad and wants all the eps on the 360 so I might just cave and get them for him if nothing else.

I have a small stash of cheap MS points left (from the GS deal after the Target one) and I was saving those for the Skyrim stuff since I haven't even started playing that yet. I really hope those are more than 25% off though. I can probably spare the 800 for TWD if the Skyrim stuff is cheap enough.

What's up with there being "FREE" listed versions farther down on the page for EVERY episode...

Also I cannot get episode 3 or 4 to queue to my download list.

Some kind of Microsoft error? Figured people would have already opened threads about them being completely free though...

[quote name='t4nd4r']What's up with there being "FREE" listed versions farther down on the page for EVERY episode...

Also I cannot get episode 3 or 4 to queue to my download list.

Some kind of Microsoft error? Figured people would have already opened threads about them being completely free though...[/QUOTE]
Read more carefully. The "free" listings are for videos called the Playing Dead

[quote name='io']Heh - I'm a lot more cautious about that sort of thing nowadays too ;).

I'm still on the fence. Had I gotten the cheap Target points cards it would be a no-brainer. But as it is I'm not entirely sold. I haven't even tried the first one yet. But my son played it on the iPad and wants all the eps on the 360 so I might just cave and get them for him if nothing else.

I have a small stash of cheap MS points left (from the GS deal after the Target one) and I was saving those for the Skyrim stuff since I haven't even started playing that yet. I really hope those are more than 25% off though. I can probably spare the 800 for TWD if the Skyrim stuff is cheap enough.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the fence too. Playing through the first one right now and I like it, but not sure how much I'd play 2-5. For free, sure! for 800 points...I just dont know.

I am however leaning towards picking up the BL2 season pass even though I got Torgue for free. 550 MSP a pop for the other 3 DLC is pretty decent and I dont have to wait at all for a sale...I think I'm in!

There is NO WAY anyone should pass on the walking dead deal. I haven't even started watching the shows yet and it's by far the BEST $10 game money can buy. It's so fun.

Probably crazy for thinking this, but would it be a better game on the iPad since it's pretty much an interactive story and not an action game, or am I totally off? Would my 5.1 setup and 50 inch plasma or the "tactileness" of the iPad make for a better experience for a mostly point and click game?

In for complete Walking Dead. How crazy is it that I've been sitting on $150 worth of MS Points for over 5 years (that I got all from this amazing thread), and this is the first time I'm using them.

Holy shit, 200 MSP for each episode is an awesome deal. Funny because I was just looking for episodes 3-5 for the PS3, guess I'll be going with the Xbox version now. Glad I had over 1000 MSP just sitting on my account for the last year or so.

[quote name='darrenaero']Probably crazy for thinking this, but would it be a better game on the iPad since it's pretty much an interactive story and not an action game, or am I totally off? Would my 5.1 setup and 50 inch plasma or the "tactileness" of the iPad make for a better experience for a mostly point and click game?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about better but I can easily see how it would translate well to tablets. I enjoy the visuals on my big screen a lot though...

[quote name='GamerDude316']I'm on the fence too. Playing through the first one right now and I like it, but not sure how much I'd play 2-5. For free, sure! for 800 points...I just dont know.

I am however leaning towards picking up the BL2 season pass even though I got Torgue for free. 550 MSP a pop for the other 3 DLC is pretty decent and I dont have to wait at all for a sale...I think I'm in![/QUOTE]It's ten bucks for a $25 game that lots of major reviewers are naming GOTY. $10 is the cheapest ANYONE has sold it, the lowest on Steam has been $12.50. I got it on Steam at 50% off and haven't been able to game on my pc (or anywhere mostly) for a while or I would have played it. The first two episodes were free to ps plus users, but it's $15 for the other three. I may just get it on 360 cause I'll play it there sooner, sadly. Supposedly, there is some replayability through different decisions, but it's really about the awesome esperience touted by the reviews.

I also got Torgue for free and will now wait on the individual DLCs to go on 50% sales that the BL1 DLCs often do so that will make my DLC purchasing come out to $15. No big rush for me though as I'm waiting until there's no more reset glitches, etc.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']Bit on TWD but cant seem to get episodes 3 & 4 in my download queue. Havent tried downloading from the console, just xbox.com[/QUOTE]

same

Already bought Walking Dead for 800 now I just need to decide if I want to spend 1800 on the BL2 Season Pass.... I got the game for christmas which my wife got for $25 on amazon during Black friday, but I still need to beat BL1...

I just don't know if I need the extra content....? AHHHH!

[quote name='t4nd4r']same[/QUOTE]

Same thing is probably happening to everyone. Happened to me also. Just go to your Download History and select to download it again.

[quote name='ShockandAww']This thread isn't getting the same response as a separate thread letting people know one of the best games of the year is $10 right now...[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This should have its own thread. Even SD has its own thread.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Same thing is probably happening to everyone. Happened to me also. Just go to your Download History and select to download it again.[/QUOTE]

Getting the same error in the purchase history. Guess I'll try later when I'm near the console.

[quote name='Kendro']Agreed. This should have its own thread. Even SD has its own thread.[/QUOTE]

It s funny reading over there. I chuckle a little time i see "damn just bought is at full price the other day" Really with the 2 or 3 threads there people still fuck up.

[quote name='ShockandAww']This thread isn't getting the same response as a separate thread letting people know one of the best games of the year is $10 right now...[/QUOTE]

Seriously!!! $10 is a freaking steal for a game of this quality.

[quote name='crimsongrey06']Seriously!!! $10 is a freaking steal for a game of this quality.[/QUOTE]
I actually haven't had time to even load up the free episode but with all the praise I've heard I'm getting this no questions asked. $10 is amazing for a potential GotY.

[quote name='dennisb407']Those $10 1600 points cards from Black Friday are coming in handy[/QUOTE]
YES! I used one of those cards and 200 Point credit i had on my account. Still got 5 cards left so probably scoop up skyrim dlc and season pass for ACIII

Best purchase from this Holiday Sale. Got Episodes 3-5 for 600 points total since I bought the first two episodes earlier this year. I'm happy now and my only disappointment so far is that Bully: Scholarship Edition isn't downloading. I bought it on Christmas Day and it always keep saying can't download over and over. Hopefully Microsoft fixes this.

bread's done
Back