Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $8.74 on PS3 and 360

This is one of those polarizing games where either you hate it or love it. Someone sell this game to me, because it's now not about money but whether or not it's worth my time.

[quote name='MrBubbles']This is one of those polarizing games where either you hate it or love it. Someone sell this game to me, because it's now not about money but whether or not it's worth my time.[/QUOTE]

I hated this game. It's got awful platforming and boring combat. People like it for the story which wasn't that great either.

I hate these games and loved the demo...I mean really hate these 3D platformers. I bought it because it was the only type of this game that did not drive me crazy from the first time I started playing it (most others I stop playing the first five minutes). Also the graphics look pretty vivid....a nice departure from the barren drab of other post-apocalyptic games...it's more real like how it would actually be after a major disaster (I watch a lot of Life After People).

[quote name='MrBubbles']This is one of those polarizing games where either you hate it or love it. Someone sell this game to me, because it's now not about money but whether or not it's worth my time.[/QUOTE]

It's essentially a worse playing version of Heavenly Sword with terrible and super easy platforming. The graphics look nice standstill but the in game engine is sluggish with bad animation and it has a weird shimmy effect (the engine).

Ninja Theory know how to do voice work, cutscenes, and music. This story (unlike HS which wasn't great but decent) is absolutely horrible and gets worse as you go on. By the time I was about 70% through the game I did not even want to play it at all anymore, the only reason I did was because I already made it that far might as well finish and the game isn't long. The last hour or two seemed like it took 10 hours because of how tired I was of the crappy, monotonous gameplay.

It really didn't help the story not only continually got worse, but it got extremely bad at the end, with an ending that was downright ridiculously poor.

I honestly feel the people who shower praise for this game just never played Heavenly Sword and/or the Uncharted series, so they were wowed by the fact a game could handle interaction/cutscenes/voice work so well. Ninja Theory already did that once with Heavenly Sword to a better effect (and better story/characters)..and well seems like they took a half-assed approach to Enslaved (and likely much less funding from Namco as opposed to Sony).

Honestly, for $9 the game isn't worth it, nor is it worth the 5-8 hours to play through it.

Comparison? I just spent $10 on Mass Effect 2. Yeah, literally a $1 more for a game infinitely better. There are much better games in a similar price range to spend money and time on.

[quote name='SuppaMan']It's essentially a worse playing version of Heavenly Sword with terrible and super easy platforming. The graphics look nice standstill but the in game engine is sluggish with bad animation and it has a weird shimmy effect (the engine).

Ninja Theory know how to do voice work, cutscenes, and music. This story (unlike HS which wasn't great but decent) is absolutely horrible and gets worse as you go on. By the time I was about 70% through the game I did not even want to play it at all anymore, the only reason I did was because I already made it that far might as well finish and the game isn't long. The last hour or two seemed like it took 10 hours because of how tired I was of the crappy, monotonous gameplay.

It really didn't help the story not only continually got worse, but it got extremely bad at the end, with an ending that was downright ridiculously poor.

I honestly feel the people who shower praise for this game just never played Heavenly Sword and/or the Uncharted series, so they were wowed by the fact a game could handle interaction/cutscenes/voice work so well. Ninja Theory already did that once with Heavenly Sword to a better effect (and better story/characters)..and well seems like they took a half-assed approach to Enslaved (and likely much less funding from Namco as opposed to Sony).

Honestly, for $9 the game isn't worth it, nor is it worth the 5-8 hours to play through it.

Comparison? I just spent $10 on Mass Effect 2. Yeah, literally a $1 more for a game infinitely better. There are much better games in a similar price range to spend money and time on.[/QUOTE]

Hey to each his own. I paid $20 for this game earlier this year and absolutely loved it. I've played through Heavenly Sword and the Uncharted series, and that doesn't take anything away from this game. I still absolutely recommend this game, and at $9 it's a bargain.

I couldn't pass this one up for under $9... though I'm confused as to why Amazon is offering free shipping on it instead of requiring me to spend $25 or more...? I'm not complaining, though! :)

I just finished this game and honestly thought it was going to be one to keep in the collection...til the ending, it TOTALLY put a bad taste in my mouth. Worst ending I've seen in a while.

I paid $14.99 for this from GS when they had that spring sale.

Great purchase. Even better at this price. Does the job of providing a great package.

bread's done
Back