Epic Mickey 2 29.99 ALL platforms at BB

nabuch

CAGiversary!
Okay guys, BB has made a major mistake and we get to benefit. They only meant to sell the Wii version for $29.99, but screwed up their add to the point that it is for all platforms.

At least in my area of Cincinnati and Northern Ky., the add reads that it is $29.99 and has a value of $49.99-$59.99, and that there are at least 6 copies for every platform at every store.

Since I knew it would not ring up right I went straight to the customer service desk and got it for the $29.99 advertised price. That is, I got the Wii U $59.99 version for that price.

It may be today only, or all weekend, either way, at this time of day your probably better off going to the customer service desk with a copy of the add.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']So f I grab a Xbox version it would ring up at $29.99?[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Did you read?

OP I would say you're more lucky than "BB has made a major mistake"

It says $49.99-$59.99 because it's showing all of those games being $29.99 (Darksiders 2, Medal of Honor, Battlefield 3, etc etc) which have MSRP's of $59.99 while Epic Mickey 2 for Wii has an MSRP of $49.99.

So that's where they got $49.99-$59.99

I'd say this is YMMV...

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Seriously. Did you read?[/QUOTE]

You could have directed that at the OP as well. There is nothing misleading or wrong about the ad. It's for the Wii version only.

I went to BB and they told me it was for the Wii and WiiU version only (I don't think she is correct on the WiiU but that is what she said). I took the BB ad and went to Walmart and got Epic Mickey 2 for $30 (I didn't have the option for $25).

[quote name='prmtyme']its 24.99 at walmart on all platforms just letting you guys know[/QUOTE]

hmmm....Wii U version for me perhaps.

Edit: Perhaps not, the game is getting pretty crappy reviews on all platforms.

[quote name='BamNanas']Anyone know if walmart will price match this with bestbuy price for the xbox?[/QUOTE]

The one that I purchased at Walmart was the Xbox version (the price came as $59.99) so as long as you have the best buy ad, you should be good to go for the $30 price point.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blcklblskt']It is $25 for the Wii only at Wal Mart...[/QUOTE]

Only the Wii version was on sale last night - $25. The others were 59.99.

[quote name='BamNanas']This deal still alive? Has anyone confirmed getting Epic Mickey 2 at bestbuy for 29.99?[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing the Wii version for 29.99 yesturday at bestbuy

No manager in my area would fall for the dumb ploy the OP used. Ad clearly shows which titles are multiplatform, and since all all of the other prices are to the left of the pics, it's clearly implied that the "$49-$59" encompasses all the video games in that row.

Also, WM put the other versions of Epic Mickey 2 in the same display as the Wii version. Total jerk move. Scanned PS3, and it was full price. Only Wii was on sale.

[quote name='Zippon']No manager in my area would fall for the dumb ploy the OP used. Ad clearly shows which titles are multiplatform, and since all all of the other prices are to the left of the pics, it's clearly implied that the "$49-$59" encompasses all the video games in that row.

Also, WM put the other versions of Epic Mickey 2 in the same display as the Wii version. Total jerk move. Scanned PS3, and it was full price. Only Wii was on sale.[/QUOTE]

"dumb ploy the OP used" if you knew it was dumb, why did you even bother to try it ?

[quote name='Alex121006']"dumb ploy the OP used" if you knew it was dumb, why did you even bother to try it ?[/QUOTE]

Reading comprehension. It's a great new craze! :cool:

Not worth the gas to have a manager look at me like I'm simple. I'm happy for the OP, but this isn't a mistake. Isn't close to a mistake. He just got really, really lucky and most of us won't be able to replicate it. That's all.

[quote name='blcklblskt']It is $25 for the Wii only at Wal Mart...[/QUOTE]

no it wasnt it was for all platforms except wii-u sorry i tried to get it for ps3 but passed for xbox 360 version of wwe 13 which i returned today at another walmart and got my WWE 13 for ps3 for 25!! i am happy indeed got everything i wanted for black friday!!

[quote name='prmtyme']no it wasnt it was for all platforms except wii-u sorry i tried to get it for ps3 but passed for xbox 360 version of wwe 13 which i returned today at another walmart and got my WWE 13 for ps3 for 25!! i am happy indeed got everything i wanted for black friday!![/QUOTE]

Read the ad bud. The sale was for the Wii version only.

[quote name='blcklblskt']Read the ad bud. The sale was for the Wii version only.[/QUOTE]

no it wasnt dude i can tell you it was all except the wii version at my walmart i cant say about yours = / dont try to tell me otherwise i went up with the game (power of two) and scanned 25 so yeah

[quote name='prmtyme']no it wasnt dude i can tell you it was all except the wii version at my walmart i cant say about yours = / dont try to tell me otherwise i went up with the game (power of two) and scanned 25 so yeah[/QUOTE]

Scanned or PM? I scanned the PS3 version and the 3DS version and both rang up at full price. The ad also clearly states $25 for the Wii version exclusively.

wow! Thanks OP! on a whim I decided to try this (need moar games for the Wii U library after all) Was already PMing an iPhone 5 case for the wife at Amazon, so figured if I was already going to be in the CS line, why not? Well, when I double checked the ad laying on the counter, I told myself this is crazy, never going to work. By chance, it was an ad 'en espanol' and it totally threw the cashier off. She asked a 'spanish speaking' person, was still undecided, then went to grab a regular ad from the front door. Stopped and talked to the manager that was greeting everyone, came back and said "its just ringing up wrong in the system, no problem!" I was floored! Paid for that and the case and got out of there.

Now to go re-read the IGN review to see if I'm even going to keep it b/c I seem to remember the sub-headline reading "and the power of meh." Plus, the first one I picked up on the Wii still remains sealed..

bread's done
Back