Episode III to be PG-13?

Zman310

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/10/60minutes/main679325.shtml

'Star Wars' Goes To Hell

(CBS) "Star Wars" goes to hell in its final episode, and the trip may cost it the PG rating that the previous five films have earned, says the series' creator, George Lucas.

Speaking to Correspondent Lesley Stahl, the filmmaker provides a peek at the much anticipated movie for a report to be broadcast on 60 Minutes, Sunday, March 13, at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

"I don't think I would take a 5- or a 6-year-old to this," says Lucas of "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith." "It's way too strong."

Lucas is referring to violent scenes in the film and also to Anakin Skywalker's journey to the dark side in the climax of the 30-year-old series.

"We're going to watch him make a pact with the devil," Lucas tells Stahl.

This new turn will include the former squeaky-clean Skywalker descending into Lucas' frightening vision of Hell, a mythical planet composed entirely of erupting volcanos.

"Yes...the lava at the end...it ends in Hell," reveals Lucas.

"[The film] is much more dark...more emotional. It's much more of a tragedy. My feeling is that it will probably be a PG-13, so it will be the first 'Star Wars' that's a PG-13."

And that's fine with Lucas. "I could pull it back a little bit, but I don't really want to," he says.

And Lucas says he isn't bothered by the withering reviews critics gave episodes one and two. "Actually, I am very happy," he says. "I'm very pleased with the whole thing."

Hmmm, if Lucas isn't holding back, this might end up being alright after all. I'm probably the only one here who actually got less excited about seeing this movie after seeing the trailer, but this article gets me a little more interested again.

The rating doesn't mean jack if the actors continue delivering dull performances. You can't drop a bucket of blood on turd and call it more exciting.....or maybe you can....hmmm... :whistle2:k

It'll still be shitty, the rating won't affect that fact. They shoulda made it rated R and had Vader go completely, violently nuts.

[quote name='alongx']It'll still be shitty, the rating won't affect that fact. They shoulda made it rated R and had Vader go completely, violently nuts.[/quote]

to much money to be made,to make it rated R..

[quote name='basketkase543']The rating doesn't mean jack if the actors continue delivering dull performances. You can't drop a bucket of blood on turd and call it more exciting.....or maybe you can....hmmm... :whistle2:k[/quote]

It's Lucas' own special Force power, to turn good actors into blocks of wood. You could put the two previous sound tracks over video of the movie performed by stop-motion animated Lego Star Wares figures and get acomparable result.

It's sad. Natalie Portman gave ten times the performance at the age of 13 with no prior experience in 'Leon.' Hopefully, she'll be back in form for the tough lead in this one:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0434409/

Hayden Christensen seems like a sulky lump until you see him in 'Life as a house' where he's actually called upon to act.

The scripts are a big part of it. Lucas has a tin ear for dialogue. His one good script, American Grafitti, worked by stealing most of the dialogue from his teen years in Modesto.

I only hope after this Lucas no longer feel obligated to do any more scripts and leaves it to better writers to develop his ideas.

So a series of movies in which almost every entry features a major character being dismembered isn't already a problem for the little kiddies?

It was just some throwaways thugs in the cantina in the first movie but a guy getting his arm cut off in a bar fightdidn't seem to bother anyone.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='basketkase543']The rating doesn't mean jack if the actors continue delivering dull performances. You can't drop a bucket of blood on turd and call it more exciting.....or maybe you can....hmmm... :whistle2:k[/quote]

It's Lucas' own special Force power, to turn good actors into blocks of wood. You could put the two previous sound tracks over video of the movie performed by stop-motion animated Lego Star Wares figures and get acomparable result.

It's sad. Natalie Portman gave ten times the performance at the age of 13 with no prior experience in 'Leon.' Hopefully, she'll be back in form for the tough lead in this one:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0434409/

Hayden Christensen seems like a sulky lump until you see him in 'Life as a house' where he's actually called upon to act.

The scripts are a big part of it. Lucas has a tin ear for dialogue. His one good script, American Grafitti, worked by stealing most of the dialogue from his teen years in Modesto.

I only hope after this Lucas no longer feel obligated to do any more scripts and leaves it to better writers to develop his ideas.[/quote]

Heh-heh

*remembers classic Anakin line from Episode 2*

(rough summation of dialogue)

Anakin to Amadala: I hate sand - it's so course and rough. But you're not made of sand. And that's why I love you.

bread's done
Back