Er... Game Boy Camera? (Chatlotte, NC)

CokeCola

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was at the University Target here in Charlotte, NC, and saw a couple of Game Boy Cameras - one blue, one green. They're $4.99. No idea why they're there, but they're in good condition and a good way to pick up a couple of new Game Boy Cameras with boxes. From the looks of it, the price beats eBay.

If you want them, they are in the back of electronics, on the back end-cap with the $19.99 games.

The thing is, the only place I ever did see those cameras for sale at was a Targe store. I know they came and went pretty quickly but I never saw them at ANY other retailers. Maybe Target had the hook up?

The Boscovs by me in Pennsylvania also had a bunch of these in a bin a few weeks ago. I am pretty sure they were also $4.99

I had never seen these for sale in the store and then they put out a clearance bin of old gameboy items and had close to 20 of these brand new cameras in the clearance bin.

[quote name='screwkick']Cool. I am in actual need of one. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Ack. Sorry, I picked them up to ship off to another CAG. No profit, of course.

Shortly before I tired of Nintendo Power, I had accumulated quite a few "Power Points" so the first and only item I purchased was a special Zelda gold edition of the gameboy camera. One of these days maybe ill ebay one of those printers just for the heck of it.

never did see the point of the gameboy printer... i guess it was back in the times where digital cameras were a thing of the future.

GameBoy Cameras....

Man, I remember it was around 1998 when these were in full swing at retailers.

Toys R Us Stores (all of which are now defunct) had display kiosks set up at various places in the store. Other retailers like Target, Circuit City, EB Games and even Funcoland (before all of them were reverted to "GameStop" stores) had display kiosks which contained a GameBoy Pocket, a GameBoy Camera and a GameBoy Printer, with a roll of 'complimentary' stickers which could be printed with images taken through the GameBoy Camera.

Naturally, people were quite inconsiderate and they would vandalize the kiosk by taking pics of their ugly mugs and plastering the kiosk with their aforementioned images.

Nintendo encouraged this activity, but in the end, it ultimately was a waste of space as well as a magnet for people who simply want to vandalize a kiosk and make a mess. Not to mention the fact that you would always have one of those people that likes to waste the entire roll of stickers by taking dozens of pictures of themselves and placing them all around the display kiosk or anywhere else in the store.

Nowadays, the GameBoy Camera Printer and the Printer Refills are quite a premium, especially since not too many people were keen enough to buy bulk loads of either, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see the prices and demand for the Printer or Refills to increase in the following years through channels like Ebay, what with all the 'new' Nintendo Fanboys out there, who 'grew up' with the GameBoy Camera/Printer combo and are now just becoming a part of the 'workforce', earning a paycheck and contributing to society.

GP

Well for now, Nintendo still sells printer refills. Not that I can link to them, but they are $10 for three. I really need to order a few of those...

[quote name='Flame Killa']Damn...Those things are ancient... I can't believe they actually kept them that long...[/quote]

Why did you resurrect a thread from three years ago?

[quote name='NTolerance']YMMV on this, I just went to every Target in Charlotte and couldn't find any Gameboy cameras. :([/QUOTE]

It must suck to realize you wasted half of a day when you realize this thread is from 2006.

[quote name='Cmosfm']It must suck to realize you wasted half of a day when you realize this thread is from 2006.[/QUOTE]

It sucks being gullible too. :lol:

bread's done
Back