Erase Save Data...

LilPaintballer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
70 (100%)
Since todays my birthday i wanted to treat my ds to some games. i went to gs with edge and 25% off equipped and bought contra 4 and mr driller ds for 20 bucks. i successfully erased the save data from contra 4, but mr driller cant be done for some reason. i read the manual and it said press select,x,b,L simultaneously during the games boot process, i did that but the game freezes for a second then continues.

Any experiences?

Haven't tried to reset Mr. Driller, but if all else fails, someone with a DS flash device can delete your savegame for you with one of the utilities.

Excuse me for derailing, but I'd take Mr. Driller back and get something else.

You can get it for much cheaper than $20.00, heck you can pick it up on XBLA for $10.00 if you're so inclined.

[quote name='yukine']Excuse me for derailing, but I'd take Mr. Driller back and get something else.

You can get it for much cheaper than $20.00, heck you can pick it up on XBLA for $10.00 if you're so inclined.[/QUOTE]

I think the $20 was the price for Mr. Driller and Contra.

Ah, I didn't know Contra 4 could be had for less than $20.00 on its own. Nice deal.

But about your save data, I don't recall having any issues resetting it myself. Is it possible that it's defective? Again you might want to try a different copy at Gamestop.

Resetting that requires multiple button holds on a DS is one of the trickiest things to do (especially trying to do it for GBA games on your DS). It might require 2 people to do it: one to tap the DS cart selection screen and another actually holding all the buttons required.

Another solution would be to temporarily set your DS to automatically boot up the DS game without selecting it, then you can hit the on switch and grab all the buttons needed.

Honestly, every game should have an options menu and every options menu should include erase data, period. Enough of this DS finger-twister to delete the info.

I could never figure out how to erase the saved data, which is pretty much why I don't usually buy used DS games. I could hit all the rights keys at once (which I think is L + R + Start + Select + ↓) :bomb:

Every game has a different way of resetting many early games including nintendogs used this method to reset the data.

hold down the A, B, X, Y, L and R buttons (simultaneously) when the game is starting up. (right after you touch the game on the game select screen)

bread's done
Back