Error Code C00D11D2

Lucreazia

CAGiversary!
This morning I went to watch some videos that are on my computer, when I opened the show I got this error message:

Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct.

I don't know what changed overnight, but all videos where working just fine yesterday morning. Also when I get the error message the video is playing in the background with no sound. And when I try to play the videos on other players like quicktime or VLC I get nothing, when I try on BS Player I get video and no sound. My machine is running Vista Home edition, if that helps in anyway.

Any help at all will be appreciated!!

Google resetting DRM, your files have had some DRM coruption it sounds like. Vista could be doing something we don't know about as well.

I don't know if that will work...The error messages have no mention of the DRM. I got a new media player called GOM Player that plays the video but there is no sound at all.

G00gl3 s4yz:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/9series/playererrors.aspx#c00d11d2_0x00000000

Windows Media Player cannot access the file. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

* This file is currently in use. Close the file, and then try again.
* You do not have permission to access the server or other location where the file is stored. Verify that you have the appropriate access rights, and then try again.
* You do not have permission to access the proxy server. Verify that you have the appropriate access rights, and then try again.
* If you are trying to copy a track from a CD to your hard disk, you might not have permission to copy to the specified hard disk location. Verify that you have the appropriate access rights, and then try again. If the problem persists, try copying to another folder.

Try rebooting...sometimes WMP doesn't die correctly and might have the file locked.

Well, try Googling the term:

C00D11D2

Tons of results. Something should help you out. The first result "Yahoo Answers" looks promising. Otherwise, try downloading the videos again, maybe from a different source.

My roomate installed the new aim yesterday so we tried uninstalling that and the videos and MP3s play in the GOM player but its that same message in Media player....Weird.

bread's done
Back