Escape from Bug Island (Wii) for $30 shipped at Amazon

$3 would be a stretch for this stinker. Watch the broken pixels featuring this game and if you don't feel like you need to shower off the dirty dreamcast era visuals and controls because they're so pervasive and just plain nasty and un appealling gameplay wise, you have no taste as a gamer.

If the game was fun to play I could live with the Dreamcast graphics... I think the Dreamcast has really good graphics. But, if the game stinks I'll avoid it.

Well I'm not even talking just graphics. Think like horrid early 3D style controls and poor camera work, bad draw distance, collision and animation that doesn't make sense, and just an overall janky and cheap feeling.

Kinda like Blue Stinger, or any early Playstation 3D action game.. ick.

$10 off MSRP is great deal.
but from what i saw, jer7583 is right. this game does not look like its fun to play... at all.

[quote name='vivafriend5']Famitsu said 28/40.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty high from them actually. Then again, they gave Kirby Air Ride a 39/40 and I actually bought it trusting every Famitsu review (besides the Gundam ones) were trustworthy... ouch, never again!

Apparently Eidos is retooling the game a bit before the release here. Better controls, fixing graphical glitches, etc.
Don't expect it to make much of a difference in the end (Oh boy, a game where you hit bugs with sticks! How could that not be thrilling?!), but it could make the game more playable, which is always good.

That kind of retooling has helped in some cases. I remember the Japanese version of Blue Stinger for the Dreamcast being panned left and right thanks to an almost useless camera system. That was fixed for the US release, so the game reviewed a bit better. Sometimes it's enough to move a game from unplayable to solid fun.

Unless you're desperate for a new Wii title to play, this seems the type that will drop in price quick and clog bargain bins. Then again, it's also the type to get a limited print run and become "rare" and valuable late in the Wii's lifespan.

bread's done
Back